Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 12

Marleon’s P.O.V.

Everad and I decided to let the rest of the gang go ahead of us during lunch period. We had a group project to discuss with our other class mates for Design class. After the meeting we go to the cafeteria without putting our books in our locker.

Everad’s phone rings and he quickly answers it.

“Allô? Merci beaucoup. We’re actually on our way right now.”

I look at him curiously. “Who was that?”

“That was Joanine. They bought lunch for us.”

I smile with relief. “Thank goodness, we don’t have to wait in the lines.”

We push the large metal door aside and walk into the cafeteria and head for the exit leading outside to another eating area. We stop as two blondes block our way.

“Please excuse me.” I tell them politely.

One of them smirks at us and replies snobbishly. “That would be a no.”

I sigh, after hearing my tummy growl. Being hungry and stopped by these two blondes is letting my patience run thin. “I said please excuse me Maria.”

She snorts and steps toward me. “Is it true that Genève and Jullien are a couple now?”

Everad speaks up. “What does it matter to you?”

Crystal answers his question. “Nothing, we just wanted to know if the rumor is true.”

I grit my teeth at them. “Rumors will be rumors. Now move!” I shout and shove Maria. Who knew I could be so feisty?

She gasps and stumbles back on her wedge heels almost toppling over. Unfortunately, Crystal catches her in time. Everad and I stomp off.

“Tramp!” Maria shouts. I stop dead in my tracks. I turn around and walk back to her. Although she has on those pathetic wedge heels, I’m still taller than her.

“Excusez moi?” I ask in disbelief. Maybe I didn’t hear that correctly. “What did you just call me?”

She smirks and her lips slowly form the word. “Tramp.”

I glare at her and throw down my books on the grass. I grab both her shoulders and with all my force push her on Crystal. They both fall to the ground with a loud thud.

“Next time you say something derogatory think about what you’re saying tramp – you and your cousin fit that description.”

They try to get up without exposing themselves, but that proves futile due to their very short dresses.

I walk off with Everad – who carries my books – and dig into my lunch as soon as I’m seated at one of the marble tables below the branch of an enormous tree.

“You’re welcome.” Juvien says after I tell him thank you.

Genève looks at us seriously. “What was that all about?” He points his thumb to the entrance of the cafeteria.

“Those stupid blondes were asking if the rumor is true about you and Jullien being a couple.”

Jullien stops and looks at me. “I wanted to go over there and find out what was going on, but Genève and Joanine stopped me. I’m glad to see someone who can be as bitchy as me. No offence Marleon,”

“None taken.” I smile.

“But when it comes to the blonde bimbos I can get very irritated. Why don’t they find other things to do?”

“That’s a very good point, but until that happens we have to keep warding them off.” Juvien takes a big bite of his double cheese burger.

“I liked the way you towered over Maria.” Jullien giggles. “I should have been there to punch her in the face. Why were you doing that by the way?”

“She called me a tramp.”

“Ha, has she seen herself and her cousin?” She asks a rhetorical question in disbelief.

I smile at her. “That’s the same thing I said.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be hungry?” Everad dips his French fry in his ketchup.

“I am.” I giggle at him and punch him in the arm.

“Who knew sweet Marleon had a bad side?” Jullien asks interested with green eyes.

“I asked myself that same question.” I say happily.

“Okay,” Joanine says melodramatically, “less talking, more eating.”

We continue to eat and occasionally dropping in little sentences. After eating we go to our lockers and take out our books that we’ll need. We wave to each other good-bye as we head to our next class.

Image

Third Person P.O.V.

The six friends chatter happily has they walk out of the school building. They ignore much of what is happening around them and concentrate on each other’s sentences.

“We should totally try that one time. Genève, I can’t believe you actually did that?” Everad shakes his head. “Then again, you’re a daredevil. How could I not expect that?”

Genève hits Everad on the back. “Oh well, jumping off a boardwalk is fun. You should definitely try it.”

“When your friends are around.” Juvien adds.

Marleon playfully hits Juvien. “Stop encouraging him.”

They stop in front of three bikes and continue talking. Jullien growls loudly and Joanine directs her attention to her.

“How many times must I tell you to stop doing that Jullien? You sound like an angry dog.” Jullien ignores Jonaine and takes up the helmet off of Genève’s bike.

“Let’s go now.” Jullien shouts ending the conversation of her friends.

Juvien pouts at her. “Why so soon? I want to finish talking with Everad and Marleon.”

“Why are you all leaving so soon?” Crystal asks in a mocking sweet voice.

That’s why.” Jullien says through clenched teeth.

Genève shrugs and looks at Maria and Crystal disgusted. “Don’t you guys have anything better to do?”

“Wow, it so nice of you to care about us Genève.” Crystal walks toward him in her mini dress.

Jullien’s eyes glance to Maria, and she sees her smirking at Marleon. Jullien pushes Crystal away before she gets closer to Genève. “Stay away.” She says in a murderous tone. “And you,” she points to Maria, “did you call my friend a tramp?”

Maria shrugs and looks at Jullien bored. “Yes I did. Got a problem with that?” Maria’s boldness causes Jullien’s fury to rise.

Before anyone can stop her she marshes toward Maria and punches her in the face causing her to lose balance. Before she falls, Jullien clutches her collar and punches her again. She lets go and she falls to the ground holding her face and groaning in pain. Jullien doesn’t stop there. She stands over Maria and removes her hands and punches her again and Maria makes a wailing scream followed by sobbing.

“Mess with my friends, you mess with me!” She shouts at her angrily and draws back her fist to make a final blow. Her hand stops in mid air. She turns around and glares at the person who stopped her attack.

“That’s enough.” He says calmly, but seriously.

Jullien drags her hand away and gets up and walks over to Genève’s bike.

“You broke her nose you tramp!” Crystal shouts angrily stalking toward Jullien. Jullien immediately marshes toward her, but Genève blocks her path and holds her back.

“Jullien, I said that’s enough.” He repeats.

“Ow!” Someone screams.

Genève turns around and sees Crystal kneeling with her hand covering her nose. Marleon smirks with her fist clenched as she towers over her. “That’s for calling my friend a tramp.

“You and Jullien should never be left alone.” Joanine sighs. “You guys better hope you don’t get in a lot of trouble for this.”

Juvien stares in awe at the scene in front of him. “I can’t believe what I just witnessed.”

“You better not.” Joanine tugs on his arm. “I’m driving the bike, not you.” Juvien says nothing after she puts on his helmet and she climbs on. “Are you coming?” She asks a bit irritated. He mechanically climbs on to the bike still shocked. “Make sure you hold on tight.”

Everad and Marleon are suited up and are waiting on Genève and Jullien.

“I know you could be bad Jullien, but not this bad.” Genève stares at her disbelievingly.

“She called my friend a derogatory word. Cosa? Did you expect me to let her get away with it?” (What) She takes up her helmet.

“You could have handled it a better way.”

Jullien scoffs at his comment. “Just hurry and get me home.”

He silently puts on his helmet and stares at her. She turns away from him putting on her helmet and climbs on the bike after him.

The gang quickly leaves the parking lot and head home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I couldn't login to my account for almost three weeks. Please send comments and corrections if there are any. Thank you for reading.