Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 11

Jullien’s P.O.V.

My birthday party was so much fun. After everyone congratulated Genève and me we all went back inside the house. We danced, laughed, and acted like nothing else mattered but our happiness. Before the end of the party Genève and I danced to Strawberry Swing by Coldplay. All we did was twirl and smile at each other - our first dance. Yes, cliché, I know but that was an amazing moment for the both of us.

I smile at my friends on this lovely Sunday afternoon. We’re behaving like a bunch of idiots in Pasticcino – the pastry shop Genève’s mother owns. Juvien gulps some of his punch and almost chokes when he laughs at something Genève says.

Juvien slaps his hand on the table as if trying to suppress his laughter. “Dude! Stop it! You almost made me choke.” He knocks his chest and clears his throat.

I stuff some of the carrot cake in my mouth and continue smiling at my friends. Joanine laughs out loud at something Genève says and Juvien tries not to laugh again while he drinks his punch. Genève seems to be relishing in seeing his friends choking on their food. That’s harsh. He looks at me and gives me a wide grin.

“Jules, I wonder if you should be choking on your food too.” He giggles and places his index finger on his chin.

I quickly chew and swallow my food. I put up my hands in defense. “I don’t think so. Besides, it wouldn’t be nice to know that you purposely killed your girlfriend because you wanted her to choke on her food.”

He laughs at my comment and steals some of my cake. I make a pout and he replaces my cake by giving me some of his orange cake.

“Thank you.” I quickly say like a five year old child.

He ruffles my bouquet of curls. “Welcome darling.”

Genève and I decided to become a couple after my birthday party. I don’t think we’re rushing it; just taking it slow. Besides, we’ve known each other before we were born, literally.

Genève continues to provoke us and as soon as Juvien begins complaining, Mrs. Gustav comes marching out. Everyone hushes at our table and we all freeze. She looks at us with her arms folded and a serious face. She turns her laser eyes to Genève and says, “Ai, what are you trying to do, let them regurgitate? If you don’t stop I’ll have to throw you out.” Genève giggles and his mother begins to laugh. “I’m just joking, but seriously, keep your voices down. Okay?” We all answer with a ‘sure’ at different intervals.

“Good, now don’t let me have to come back over here.” She walks away leaving us with a wave.

“Madre can’t be too serious.” Genève says suppressing his laughter.

“So,” Joanine says slapping Genève on his arm, “what do we have planned after this?”

We all look at each other and shrug. “I’m out of ideas.” Joanine retorts after a few seconds.

“No mall, please. I’m kinda tired of going there.” Juvien pleads.

“We can go home and swim.” Genève suggests.

“No, let’s do something else.”

He sighs dramatically. “Fine, what do you think we should do Juvien?”

Juvien ponders for a few seconds and his face immediately lights up. “Why don’t we pay Marleon and Everad a visit?”

“Great idea.” Joanine smiles.

We finish our food and soon after, we leave to go to our français amis house.

Image

“Salut mes amis!” (Hello my friends) Marleon greets us. She quickly ushers us inside and gives each of us a quick kiss on the cheek. “What brings you guys here?” Her brown eyes smile at us as her content countenance flows through her. I’ve always loved this girl. She’s always positive.

Juvien doesn’t hesitate to speak. “We wanted to visit you and Everad. Where is he anyway?”

“Oh, that’s awesome. He’s outside with our family.” She leads us to the kitchen and offers us something to eat.

“Oh non merci,” (no thank you) Joanine says politely, “we just ate and we’re absolutely full.”

Juvien being his greedy self allows Marleon to make him a cheese sandwich. I guess Juvien’s favourite sin is gluttony.

Marleon happily begins working on his sandwich. Juvien decides to call Everad in after we greet their family.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Everad smiles at all of us.

“We decided to pay you a visit.” I chime and take the plate that Marleon was giving to Juvien. I bite the sandwich and the melting goodness flows into my mouth.

Juvien looks like he’s about to cry while he stares at me chewing the sandwich. He pouts and crosses his arms over his chest. “Why did you do that?”

“Aww Juvie,” I walk toward him after chewing, “did that make you sad?” He nods his head like a five year old kid and I pat his back. “I’m so sorry. How about I make it up to you?” He nods furiously at my idea. I lead him to my previously occupied chair and he sits. I lean on the counter beside him and ruffle his too-long brunette curls. “I’ll buy you a double cheese burger tomorrow, is that okay?” Juvien says ‘okay’ and bites into his sandwich.

We hear laughter and out of those voices Everad speaks. “Are you two always like this?”

“All the time.” Joanine chuckles, “it’s hard to believe Juvien can be so immature at times.” Juvien ignores her comment and quickly finishes his sandwich and licks his fingers.

“Merci beaucoup Marleon that was très délicieux.” (Thank you very much, very delicious) He grins at her cheerily.

Marleon responds to him in her perfect French accent, “De rien.” (You’re welcome).

Marleon stops smiling immediately and looks at us seriously. Whoa, that looked a bit scary.

You guys know you’re going to be confronted with problems?” Her eyes dart between Genève and me.

Genève groans and holds my hand. “We know those two morons – Crystal and Maria – are going to start getting on our nerves more than ever before. Who is to say we can’t stop them?” He turns away from Marleon and looks at me. “Remember what happened last time?”

“No need to remind me.” I huff.

“I won’t let something like that happen again.”

I instantly smile at his words. “We have to trust each other.” I lift my gaze to the other members surrounding us. “We all have to trust each other.”

“Sure thing,” Marleon smiles, “we must look out for each other.”

“Hey!” Juvien quickly shouts. “This is like renewing the vow we made on the first day of our senior year. The only difference is that Marleon and Everad are here with us.”

“Ah, great idea Juvien.” Joanine gets up and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Renewing out vow sounds like a good thing to do. How about it?”

“Sure.” Everad says happily.

“Can we have wine?” Marleon asks.

“Why not?” Genève says getting up to help her.

A few seconds later we stand in a circle with sparkling wine in our fancy wine glasses. Genève speaks, “The promise - we all remain friends, no matter what happens, even if we do something that hurts the other, we will still be friends.”

Everyone raises their wine glass and recites the promise. We say cheers afterwards while the sound of our glasses echo around the room. Smiles form on our faces after we take a sip of our wine.

“I’ll be sure to let this work.” Marleon says in her determined voice. I repeat – I’ve always loved this girl. She’s always so positive.

“We’ll all make it work.” Juvien says hitting her glass and then taking another sip.
♠ ♠ ♠
This a filler. I hope you liked it anyway. I haven't gotten comments in a very long time. Can I at least get one comment? Thank you for reading. I will also change the tense in the next few chapters. I will be writing in the past tense. Please bear with me. If you don't see the tense change, then I'm still working on it. Here is a cool banner I made.

Image