Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Twenty Six!

I took several deep breaths as my friend and Mom and Shaant's picks walked down the aisle. I was nearly hyperventilating and honestly, my Dad looked like he was going to cry from how tightly I was gripping his arm.

"Ready sweetie?"

I nodded, though I'm hardly ready. I may at least think I love Shaant... But I'm not ready to marry the guy!

I took a deep breath and remembered how there is no way out of this and held my head high as my wedding march began playing. I walked out of the roped off area and into everyone's view as my father and I walked down the aisle. I glanced up at Shaant after I was sure I had my footing and smiled.

He looked absolutely amazing.

His was wearing a white tux like I had wanted him to and his hair was in his usual messy way. I was afraid our Mom's would have made him fix it. But he didn't and he smiled and caught my eye.

I know, just looking at him tells me, everything will be okay. I don't know why I ever doubted I loved him... I love him and I want to marry him. There's no one else I would ever want to marry!

Well... maybe Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom... But I think Shaant even tops them.

"Who gives this woman away to this man?"

"I do," my Dad replied.

"We do," my Mom quickly corrected. My hand was placed in Shaant's. He squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you."

I let the Preacher talk and just looked at Shaant. He was looking at me, staring in my eyes. He looked pretty seriously at me, nervous and confident at the same time. I was so entranced by his gaze that I didn't notice our friends or family around us... I could care less what was being said now because I'm so focused on Shaant.

"Does anyone have any objections to this man and woman being joined in Holy Matriomony?

There was silence for a minute, aside from the ocean. The Preacher opened his mouth when two voices broke though the noise of the ocean.

"I object."

My jaw fell open and Shaant dropped my hand, we both turned to look at our Dads that were standing up.

"Ugh... Well ugh... What is your cause for objection?" the Preacher asked, obviously flustered.

"We can't force these kids into this... You're going to have to get over it," Shaant's Dad said to his Mom.

"He's right. They obviously don't want to do this and they don't love each other. I went along with this but feeling Annabelle clutch my arm the entire way up the aisle like that was too much. I can't do it to her," Dad said.

Cassie grabbed my arm and looked at me confused, "Well I can't go on with the wedding... Let's go to refreshments," the Preacher said, trying to clear the tension in the air.

I grabbed Cassie's arm once people began walking to our reception tent. I pulled her to the side and opened and closed my mouth several times. I finally took a deep breath, "What the fucking shit was that?"

"I don't know... Your Dad finally got a heart."

"Fuck! Why couldn't they have done this before? When I hated him? Or before I fucking fell in love wit him. What the hell is this bullshit?"

"Come on, let's just go talk to Shaant. He's over there with Jeff and Andy. You two can still get married if you want."

I didn't say anything but walked towards the guys who were too involved in their own conversation to notice us coming.

"Dude how lucky are you?" Jeff laughed.

"Forreal, that shit was about to be legit," Andy said.

"I can't believe they waited this fucking long to do it! But the timing is perfect, right?"

I couldn't listen to anything else Shaant said. Instead I turned towards Cassie and grabbed her arm, pushing her away somewhat.

"Did you hear that?"

Cassie frowned, "I'm sorry Annabelle."

I bit my lip and tilted my head back, looking at the clear blue sky. It only added to my anger and frustration. I want to cry right now... I was on board for getting married... Apparently Shaant was faking good enough to not only fool our parents but me as well! I feel like total shit. Ugh!

"Hey, how lucky are we? Huh?" Shaant asked with a big smile on his face. It didn't reach his eyes, but maybe he's just annoyed by all the tension still in the air.

I know I am, along with the conversation I heard between him and the guys.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What's wrong?" Shaant asked, looking almost hopeful.

"Nothing, I'm just annoyed by the tension... It's whatever. Guess this doesn't matter anymore," I laughed, pulling on the fabric of my dream wedding dress.

"If it's any consolation you looked great Anna B," Andy said.

I smiled and nodded, though it was truly no consolation at all. My brother thinks I looked pretty, great.

Without another word I walked straight into the water, letting myself and my dress get absolutely soaked. If I'm not gonna marry the guy of my dreams I'm not gonna need the dress of my dreams.

I dove underwater and allowed a few tears to fall, at least now it won't be as obvious that I'm upset. I came back up, gasping for air. Shaant and his band were all in the water, as was Cassie and some of the children that were to attend the wedding. The adults were laughing and my parents and Shaant's were all smiles.

Everyone was all happy as could be.

Everyone but me.