Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Twenty Seven.

Never in my entire life had I ever been so glad to be home. In my own bed. With a lock. I had turned off my phone, plugged the other one from the wall and locked the door. At first, no one took the hint that I just wanted to be alone. Cassie would come over to stand outside my door and eventually leave. She came less and less and eventually she just gave up. Andy still came though, but it was only to leave food outside my door that I usually didn’t eat.

But never once had Shaant come over. Now that the whole arranged marriage thing had been fixed, it was painfully obvious he wanted nothing to do with me. Not that I wanted anything to do with him. He fucking played me, to the very end. There I was, falling for him and he was just messing with me. I can’t believe I fell for it.

***

After three weeks of me staying in my room, Shaant finally showed up, along with Cassie and Jeff.

“Annabelle! Come on, just open the door!” Cassie begged, and someone knocked. “We just wanna talk.”

“Just go the fuck away,” I called back, rolling over in bed. Cassie and Jeff were still this happy couple, and I just so didn’t want to deal with them, and Shaant is the reason I’m even in my room all the time in the first place.

“Annabelle. Can you and I talk?” Shaant asked. “Jeff and Cassie will go back to the car.” That was followed by a ‘hey!’ and a ‘what the fuck? I’M her best friend!’ I rolled my eyes.

“No,” I sighed, rolling over to face the window. It got quiet after that, and I thought they had left. Then there was a click of my lock opening and the door swung open. I rolled over to see Shaant closing the door behind him.

“GET OUT!” I shouted, picking up something and hurling it at him. Shaant narrowly avoided the tissue box.

“What’s wrong with you?” Shaant asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Nothing, so fuck off,” I grumbled. He raised the other eyebrow.

“It couldn’t be over the wedding, could it?” he asked. “Because I thought neither of us wanted it...” he trailed off. I let out a spiteful laugh.

“I heard you and the guys,” I told him.

“Come again?” He took a slight step back.

“After the wedding. I can’t believe I fell for it,” I said, shaking my head. He sighed.

“Annabelle, I meant every word I said to you,” he started. I rolled my eyes.

“SAVE IT!” I shouted. “I’m not stupid.”

“I never said you were! But I couldn’t act upset though. The guys would have...” he trailed off, motioning at the door. I rolled my eyes.

“Same old egotistical Shaant. Just get lost, asshole,” I said shortly, flipping him off. “You care more about your reputation than you do me. So just get lost. And if I ever see you again, there will be hell to pay.” He rolled his eyes.

“Fine. Have a fucking nice life.” And with that, he stormed out of the room. After a minute or two, I had to ask myself. Was him out of my life really what I wanted?