Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Four!

The ringing atrocity beside my head woke me from sleep.

“Hello,” I mumbled. This better be someone important.

“Hey,” Cassie said cheerfully.

“Cass it is…” I paused to look at my clock.

“It’s ten thirty. Now stop complaining and go get in the shower. I need to go shopping and I want you to come,” Cassie demanded.

“Cass I might be grounded after last night,” I said, recalling my Mother’s furious rant about my little stunt with the dress and shoes.

“No it’s cool. I called her first so I wouldn’t have to wake you up if I didn’t have to.”

“Oh. Alright well am I meeting you at the mall or what?”

“No I’ll be at your house in an hour. So go get ready,” Cassie exclaimed and hung up. I rolled my eyes and slowly walked to my bathroom. Everyone seemed to be against me driving lately. I showered quickly and put on my makeup and a white dress I had bought a few weeks ago. Right after I found my flip flops I heard Cassie’s horn. She has never been the patient one.

“Hey,” I said smiling at her.

“Hello,” she replied while throwing the car in reverse and backing out of my driveway.

“So why are we going to the mall? Not that I’m complaining, just wondering.”

“Well my parents are doing that stupid party they do every year,” Cassie said with annoyance.

I giggled, “The Valentines one?”

“Yes,” she replied bitterly.

The LaFaye Valentines Party is one of the biggest get together in our social circle, it always has been. All the richest, most popular families were invited. There was a big dinner and dance involved. I found it utterly ridiculous because the decorations were overdone and cheesy. On the invitation was a dress code; All men wear white tuxedos or dress pants with a pink or red shirt and all ladies wear pink or red.

“The dance is still like two weeks away,” I said confused.

“I know but Mom and Dad are approving my dress this year. After last year they don’t trust me,” Cassie giggled. Last year she wore a black dress. But, in her defense, her boyfriend of four and a half months had broken up with her the day before. I wouldn’t be all dressed up for a day celebrating love after that either.

“Hmm, well I think I’ll find something too while we’re here,” I said.

“No you won’t,” Cassie mumbled.

“What?” Maybe I didn’t hear her right.

“Nothing. We’re here,” Cassie exclaimed.

I laughed and climbed out of Cassie’s car. We walked into the mall together, she led the way. Cassie seemed to be determined to get to one store in particular; she was moving like no other.

“Wanna slow it down Alice Cullen?”

“Shut up,” Cassie laughed.

“Hey,” a familiar voice said. I looked up and my jaw dropped.

Jeff Czum and Shaant Hacikyan stood in front of Cassie and me. Not only were they standing in front of us, but Shaant looked just as confused as me. His jaw was dropped and his eyes were wide.

“Hi,” Cassie said happily.

The two hugged quickly then Cassie pushed my chin up.

“Come on Jeff! I think it would be awesome if you helped me pick out my Valentines dress. We’ll see you guys later,” Cassie said and took Jeff’s hand. The two ran off from Shaant and me.

“Are you kidding me right now?” I asked confused.

“They planned this,” Shaant said. For a second he almost sounded angry. He chuckled and dragged his hand thorugh his hair, “Uh well hey Annabelle.”

“I’m sure you had something to do with this,” I snapped.

“I didn’t have anything to do with this. I planned on staying home and wri- doing stuff all day. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again sweetheart,” Shaant said pulling me into a hug, “You’re stuck with me.”

I shoved Shaant away and sighed, “Come on then.”

“Where are we going?”

“If I’m going to be here with you then I’m gonna get some shopping done!”

“Alright, alright! Calm down babe.”

“Stop calling me that!”

***

“Annabelle slow down! I said I was sorry,” Shaant yelled a few feet behind me.

“You were out of line!”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry okay? I didn’t think you would get this mad,” he exclaimed. Shaant finally caught up with me and grabbed my elbow and turned me around to face him.

“You didn’t think dragging me in Victoria’s Secret then asking if you could come in and opening the door would make me mad?” I shouted.

“I knew you were dressed!”

I sent Shaant a glare that made all my friends and any guy I knew back off. But it didn’t seem to faze him one bit. He still held his stance.

“I’m sorry. I’ll buy you a cookie,” Shaant offered.

I paused to think about it… I could leave now if I can convince Cass to come. But she seems to be buddies with Jeff now and she is the one that tricked me here. She probably wouldn’t leave.

“A giant gooey chocolate chip one?”

Shaant smiled, “Yeah. A giant gooey chocolate chip one.”

“Alright. Come on then. And get your hands off me.”