Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Five.

On the day leading up to the party, Cassie slept over at my house. All the people getting everything set up woke her up every year, so this year she just slept over. Brought the dress Jeff helped her pick out and all her makeup and her shoes; just everything. It took her nearly three hours to get ready, and it only took me one.

My dress was a dark red color, and it didn’t quite reach my knees and it had spaghetti straps. I wore a pair of matching shoes and my lipstick matched.

“Are you ready yet?” I asked Cassie. She nodded, messing with her hair a little.

“Yea, yea. Come on,” she said, pulling me out of my room. We walked down the stairs, and out of the front door, where my dad was waiting in the car. We sat in silence, just watching the stuff all go passed us. I looked at Cassie, who looked at me. She smiled and I smiled weakly back at her.

“Have a good time,” my dad said. I waved and followed Cassie out of the car. We walked into the party together, and I giggled when we did. As always, there was an explosion of hearts, and cupids and things.

“Oh my god,” I giggled, shaking my head. Cassie gagged a little.

“Oh dear god,” she sighed. “Always, just always.” I patted her shoulder and shook my head.

“Could be worse,” I pointed out. She gave me a look.

“How?” she questioned.

“You could have an arranged marriage,” I answered. She rolled her eyes.

“Are you still going on about that?” she asked. “Shaant doesn’t seem that bad, and Jeffy..” she said, and I cut her off.

“Jeffy?” I giggled. “Really now?”

“Shut up,” she said, glaring at me. “But he said that Shaant really likes you.” I rolled my eyes.

“He doesn’t like me. He doesn’t know me. Shaant just likes the way I look,” I grumbled. An arm showed up around my waist and I gasped in shock.

“How are you so sure?” a suave voice asked in my ear. I rolled my eyes, jabbing him in the ribs, but unlike the last time, he didn’t go away.

“Get away from me Shaant,” I said shortly. He chuckled a little.

“But Annabelle, my dear. It’s a Valentine’s Day party,” he pointed out. “And we’re getting married. Of course, as your fiancé, I’m also your date.”

“You’re not my fiancé, you’re not my date. All you are to me is a pain in the ass,” I hissed, pushing him away from me before I stalked off, in search of Cassie. I turned a corner, and recoiled. Oh god.

“Ew!” I exclaimed, running off. Cassie and Jeff making out was a sight I never needed to see. I walked over to the table of drinks, taking a glass of champagne. I took a sip, smiling a little. I always did love the champagne.

***

After five or seven champagnes, it was pretty safe to say I was drunk. I was having a little trouble standing up and I didn’t care at all when Shaant came over and put his arm around me. In fact, it made it easier to stand because I leaned against him.

“I think you’re drunk, sweetheart,” Shaant told me. I looked at him, licking my lips a little.

“I think you’re cute,” I slurred, kissing him. He seemed taken off guard, but kissed me back nonetheless. It was all really a blur after that.

***

When I woke up, I was sure I wasn’t in Cassie’s house. I don’t think anywhere in her house had a color that shade of blue. The next thing I realized was that I was naked. My eyes got wide, and I looked over.

“OH SHIT!” I screamed. Shaant was laying next to me. What the hell?