Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Eight!

“Are you alright man?” Andy asked as Shaant got to his feet.

“Why are you asking if he’s alright?” I snapped while I tried not to laugh at his black eye.

“Because I nearly killed him,” Andy replied.

“Ugh I’ve been better. Who are you again?”

“I’m Andy, Annabelle’s older brother. I was at college but I came home to visit. Sorry about all that dude, I didn’t know who you are or why you were in my house and I heard Anna scream and yeah,” Andy rambled.

“Oh uh… Well this is awkward enough,” Shaant muttered.

“Get to the point of why exactly you’re here,” I snapped.

“You left your phone ay my house princess,” Shaant snapped.

“Dude what’s with the attitude?” Andy stepped up.

“Listen I’ve been nice as possible. I’ve handled this situation maturely. Your sister has been the biggest bitch on the planet and after this morning I’m sick of it,” Shaant exploded.

“You two need to talk,” Andy said with a devious look.

“What’s that look about?” I asked.

“Nothing. You guys talk,” Andy replied. He quickly left my room and slammed the door. Not a second later I heard the snap of a lock.

“No he didn’t,” I said in hysterics.

“He just locked the door, we can open it. See?” Shaant asked twisting my door knob. His eyes grew wide as the door didn’t open. “See?” he asked again laughing a little bit. He looked panic stricken at me and then threw both hands on the door and put all his efforts into getting it open.

“You’re wasting your time,” I sighed, “Mom and Dad put a lock on the outside of my door when I was fourteen. I got grounded, snuck out, got caught.”

“Damn your parents have you on lock down.”

“Tell me about it,” I sighed.

Shaant sighed and ran his hand through his hair again. He sighed and slid down the door and sat leaning against it. He threw his head against my door violently. Maybe he’ll give himself a concussion! I can only hope.

Shaant stood up after slamming his head against my door a few more times. Damn, there goes my concussion hopes. I could just give him one myself…

“Annabelle why are you so angry and mean?”

“What?” I asked caught off guard. I’ve been described as a lot of things but never that.

“You heard me. The only time I’ve been with you and you’ve been genuinely happy is after that fight at the mall when I bought you a cookie. Any other time you have this ugly scowl on your face and you act like I’m the worst person on the face of the Earth.”

“Did you just call me ugly?” I asked indignantly.

“You’re unbelievable,” Shaant laughed, “I said your scowl is ugly. I think you are beautiful when you smile but when do I ever see that?”

“I have no reason to smile around you,” I replied.

“Well we’ll just have to build some common ground. Then you’ll want to smile more,” Shaant grinned.

“What do you mean?”

“What’s your favorite color?” he asked.

“Purple,” I answered with confusion.

“When is your birthday?”

“On Halloween. If we’re playing twenty questions you have to answer them too,” I demanded.I’m curious about him. I won’t be the only one putting myself out there.

“Alright. Red and November seventh. Favorite animal?”

It went back and forth like that for the next twenty minutes. We exhausted nearly every ‘What’s your favorite’ question there is. We know a little more about each other but still noting significant or anything that would make me trust him any more.

“What are your dreams?” I sighed, out of every other question.

Shaant sighed and leaned against my bed, he turned to look at me better and rest his head against my bed. I was laying so my head was dangling off the bed and facing him while he sat on the floor looking at me.

“I want to be a musician. I write stuff a lot. And I sing,” he replied. For once he didn’t have that arrogant air surrounding him. He didn’t have that stupid ‘I’m going to make you love me’ look in his eyes. He looked unsure, nervous, and unconfident. He looks adorable, looking like a little lost and scared boy.

Impulse took over and before I knew what I was doing my lips were on his. He seemed to be equally as shocked; it took him a good ten seconds to respond and when he did I snapped out of it. I pulled away from Shaant and salpped him hard across the cheek and sat up.

“What the fuck Annabelle? You kissed me,” Shaant shouted.

“Stay on that side of the room,” I yelled childishly. I marched to the opposite corner and sat against the wall with by giant teddy bear to rest on. I faintly heard Shaant muttering about ‘fucking bitch’ and ‘ridiculous’.
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you're reading this I love you, you're amazing, you should comment(:
Unless your Em obviously haha(:
So okay, I have a slight problem. I have to write a paper for English and I'm writing about morals and how they've changed and all that. Well John O'Callaghan(The Maine) said in an interview that he liked living in today because it's a good time to be living, or something to that extent. I need that quote for my paper and I'm looking around for it and having slight difficulty. So if any of you know of this quote, where to find it, or could just keep a look out for it that would be AMAZING and I would love you forever and ever and ever and write one shots for you(:
please and thank you<3