Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

"We'll win the war"

I have been in my room for about two days now, just getting fat. Literally, no one will let me do anything for myself and I had to fight with my dad about showering myself. He insisted to get a nurse or something. Hello! I was just in a coma, not a car accident. I've seen everyone, because they either bring me food or just visit me and we usually all hang out in my room. But, if I so much as get up someone will tell me to sit down and do it for me and Joe's always with me so that's an upside, but he acts the most protective like now for instance.
Joe had gone to the bathroom so I was trying to sneak down the stairs to play on the piano when I heard, "Kris where are you going?"

And at that point I didn't care of making up some lame excuse, "I'm going to play the piano and if you don't like it you can leave," I huffed starting to make my way down the stairs.

"At least let me help you," He soon was by my side holding my waist.

"Joe, I wasn't in the hospital for a fucken car accident okay," I shrugged him off, "I can do it,"

"Well sorry for trying to help," He replied with an attitude as I finally got to the bottom step without him. I inhaled and turned around to see him look hurt.

"No, I'm sorry. You're just trying to help," I shrugged sitting on the step,"I'm just tired of being cooped up there all day being babied and getting fat,"

"You're not fat," he chuckled sitting next to me.

I playfully glared at him,"That wasn't the point Joe,"

"I know. Look, why don't I take you out for lunch and you can see the outside world,"

"Like a date?" We haven't really had a second one.

"Like a date," He laughed a bit.

"That sounds incredible," I smiled.

"Good, don't take this the wrong way or anything but go and get ready while I try and find something in the guy mall," he smirked.

"Okay, see you later," I kissed his cheek and went up the stairs slowly knowing he'd go crazy if I ran.

Danielle and the Jonas' have been living in this house since the accident and my bro's come occasionally when they can.

"Kristen where were you," Danielle asked sitting on my bed.

"Downstairs," I said but quickly added,"With Joe,"

"Oh," She replied.

"Mhm we're going out for lunch,"

"Seriously, I'll go and tell Nick and Kevin and we'll get ready," Speak about a date, yet I couldn't stop her because she ran out the room fast.

"JOE!" I yelled.

I counted to five and he was there, shirtless.

"What, are you okay, are you hurt, what happened," He panicked.

"Joe breathe in and out, deep breathes," I instructed and he did so, "Okay good,"

He nodded, "Now I'm fine, except we some company for lunch,"

"Oh?" He thought about it, "Oh, you mean the monkeys living here too?"

I nodded, "Well I'm kind of okay with that, but if you don't want them to go then I can tell them not too,"

"I don't feel like getting into a fight with Daniey right now on why she can't go but can I get a rain check for tonight?"

"I think I might have to check my schedule," He smirked coming closer.

"Really? Well, what if I could buy an opening?"

"Well what kind of money do you have?" He asked as we were way too close now.

"Money? There's no money," I smirked and kissed him on the cheek and the down his neck, then back up to his jaw line, finally to his mouth where he was way to eager to enter. I teased him a little which made him squeeze my sides a bit which made me smile and let him in.

The kiss was sensational, as we were in sync and slowly I pulled away, "Now about the schedule Joseph,"

"Schedule?" He said panting a bit, "No schedule," He replied trying to kiss me again. But, I backed away leaving him to pout.

"You need to get ready, I don't think the public let's you go places shirtless," I was smirking now.

"Oh you so love it," He patted his abs walking towards the door.

"Yeah right mine are so better," I bragged.

"Really?"

"Definitely, but we're not going swimming, so you'll never see them"

"Trust me I'll see them one day," He nodded walking away.

I rolled my eyes and got changed for lunch. Jeans felt good against my legs rather than the volleyball shorts I was wearing. I changed into a nice blue shirt and covered it with a brown jacket. After straightening the tips of my hair, I put on a little make-up and was heading downstairs to find my sandals.

"You look nice," Danielle commented coming down the stairs.

“Thanks,” I put on my sandals and then looked at my invisible watch, “Where are those boys?”

“And as soon as I said that Nick came down the stairs smiling, “Hello ladies,”

“Hi, where are your brothers?” I asked.

“Last time I checked Kevin was doing Joe’s hair,”

“I got to see this,” I started toward the stairs, “Oh Danielle can you call Erica Hall,”

“Why didn’t I think of her!” She yelled, “Will do,”

As I entered the second floor, words came to life as I watched Joe sitting on the edge of the
bed while Kevin used my flat iron, “Okay girls we have to go,”

“Funny! Just wait a second though, Joe doesn’t need to look goofier with half of his hair curly and half straight,” Kevin commented.

“HEY!” Joe whined.
“Kidding,”

“Anyways, I got Nick a date!” I said excitedly lying behind them.

“Really? What’s her name?” Joe asked.

“Erica, she’s super duper pretty. A bit shy, but she’s nice,”

“Well if you like her I’m sure Nick will,” Kevin smiled.

“Hopefully, anyways please hurry I’m dying to get fresh air! See you downstairs,” I kissed Joe on the cheek and then skipped downstairs.

“Nick’s got a date!” I sang down the stairs and then taking a seat next to him.

“Where. When. Who! I need to get ready,” He stood up.

“Nicolas calm down, you look fine!” I motioned him to sit down.

“Yeah. Do I?”

“Man, are all the Jonas’ like this?” Danielle joked while we laughed a bit.

“What’s her name?”

“Erica,” I smiled.

“That sounds nice,”

“She’s totally cool. Oh we’ll be picking her up on the way,” Danielle said.

“Oki dokie,”

“I can’t wait ‘til one of you marries my brothers,” Nick said randomly.

“Why?” I wondered.

“Because it’s nice to get a girl’s advice at times instead of theirs or my mom’s,” He shrugged.

I heard the boys coming down and decided to play a joke on them, “Why would we ever want to marry your brothers?” I shot the two a look and the surprisingly caught on.

“Yeah, they’re not fun or anything!”

“Hey we’re fun!” Joe rebutted.

“And I’d want to marry us,” Kevin added.

“Well we’re going off and marrying your brother,” Danielle said.

“Oh yeah,” Nick put his arms around both of our shoulders.

“We just lost our girlfriends to our little brother. That only happens to Frankie,”

“Well bro’s just say that Nick J is off the chain,” Nick said.

“Eew. Rhymes? That was so last year. Let’s blow these lame people and find some famous brothers and marry them,” Danielle proposed standing up.

“Yes let’s go,” I agreed and we exited.

In about five minutes, we returned back into the living room laughing, “You should have seen your face,”

Yet, Joe didn’t say anything. He just had a sad and mad look on his face.

“Joe? It was a joke,”

“Why would you joke about our relationship?”

“Are you serious, Joe I’m sorry,” I started apologizing but he wouldn’t give in, “Joey I’m sorry,”

After Danielle and I were almost in tears, the two started to laugh, “You should see your face. PWND!”

“Are you serious?” Danielle turned to me.

“This means war,”

“Oh babe we’d so win,” Joe answered, “Right Kevin?”

“Yeah right Kevin,” Danielle asked.

“Uhm, I don’t think that was what we mea-“

“See Kevin agrees,” Joe beamed.

“Well then you two can have fun with each other, but Danielle and I are going out for lunch. Nick would you like to come?”

“Yeah,” He smiled and we rushed out of the house with Kevin and Joe calling after us.

Pushing on the gas pedal, we sped off down the street, “Hey Nick you don’t mind if I reschedule your date right? I kind of went the wrong way,”

“No worries. Gives me time to get ready,”

“So what do you two want to eat?” I asked as we stopped at the light.

“Let’s go to Carmen’s,” Danielle suggested.

“What is that?”

“Mexican,”

“I’m down,” Nick said.

“Let’s go to Carmen’s,” I said while the light turned green.

“Kevin’s calling,”

“Don’t answer it. We’re winning this battle,”

Throughout our lunch, we heard ringtones and beeps go off until we finally decided to turn it off. Then, Nick’s started to ring.

“It’s Kevin again,” said Nick who gave us looks of if he should answer it or not.

“Let Kevin off the hook, he wasn’t agreeing with Joe,” I said.

“What about the war?”

“The war is with Joe and I, you and Kev can’t stand being without each other,” I laughed at her.

“Okay, I’ll put him on speaker,” Nick said touching the button on his phone, “You’re on
speaker,”

“Hey. DANIELLE I’M SORRY. JOE’S A BUTTHEAD! I DIDN’T MEAN ANY OF THAT,” He shouted.

“We forgive you!” we said together.

“But only you,” I added.

“Oh, ha! They love me not you,” we heard him tease Joe in the background then fighting over the phone.

“Kris. I’m sorry! I’m a big butthead but I’m your butthead,” I looked at Daniey and we just tried to contain our laughs.

“Sorry Joe, Kristen’s not here at the moment,” Nick said.

“Nick! Where is she?”

“I think she’s flirting with the waiter,” He made up.

“I think he’s giving her his number,” Danielle added.

“Guys! That’s not funny,”

“Uh, we can’t really hear you there’s a bit of static,” Nick crumpled of the plastic straw
wrap, “Talk to you later,”

“Awe Kristen, he’s dying,” Danielle laughed.

“No he’ll be fine,”

“Kris, he was horrible those days when you were in the hospital. He’s probably dying,” Nick
shrugged.

“Why make me feel guilty?” I asked, “Let’s go home,”

“I second that motion,” Nick said as we exited the building.

As we entered the house, no one was downstairs so I was guessing Kevin and Joe were in their rooms.

“Hey I’ll see you in a few, I want to change into sweats,” We went our separate ways as I left toward my room.

Humming a tune, I went over to the mirror to take off my earrings. I glanced down and glanced back up to see Joe. I gasped scared to death, “Joe. What are you doing in here,”

“I’m sorry Kristen,” He answered sitting on my bed, “You’ll always win cause I can’t live without you but you can live without me,”

“Joe, nobody won,” I was behind him now and kissed his neck, “I can’t live without you,” I whispered.

“I love you Kris,” He turned around and kissed me on the lips.

“Me too,” I said in between, “Did you eat lunch?”

“Not really,”

“Come on I’ll make you something,” I tugged on his hand dragging him downstairs, “What do you want?”

“Whatever you want to cook,”

“PB and J crunch it is then,” I smirked taking out the simple ingredients.

“Were you really flirting with the waiter?”

“No, your brother made that one up himself,”

“KRISTEN!” I heard the Andrew’s voice enter the living room.

“In the kitchen,” I replied.

“Oh hey,” He gave me a slight hug and then did a handshake thing with Joe.

“Where are your brothers?” I asked.

“Chris is with Janet and Jay is at this charity thing for his father,” He shrugged.

“How’s Lori?” Joe asked.

“I don’t know anymore. Since we’ve been back, she’s been all crazy and we get into fights every time we speak to one another,” He shrugged face in hands. Lori and Andrew are one of those off again on again type of relationships. Yet, I don’t like her. She thinks just cause she’s older she’s the boss.

“Awe, what do you two fight about?”

“Most of the time it’s about her space and everything. Aren’t couples supposed to be
together?”

“Yes, but I’ve heard this somewhere before,” Joe closed his eyes, I guess to think, “I know! KEVIN!” He yelled.

We heard a groin but footsteps followed, “Hey Andrew. Yes Joe?”

“Tell me didn’t you have a girlfriend who had crazy fights with you about space issues?” Joe asked.

“Hmm,” Kevin thought, “Yeah. Kassandra, she didn’t like me going over to her house and was always mad but then I found out she was cheating on me,”

“Cheating?” Andrew questioned.

“Yup, I saw them at this party,”

“So that’s how we’ll do it. We’ll have a party,” I simply said.

“ But she knows I’ll be there so she won’t bring him,”

“That is where you are wrong my brother. The excuse is, you are going on a business trip with your father,” I explained.

“What are we going to celebrate though?” Kevin asked.

“Just a gathering to see all of our friends, call her on my phone,”

“Hello?” Her voice answered.

“Hey Lori! It’s Kristen Jacobs, Andrew’s sister,”

“Oh hey,”

“Hey, well we’re having a gathering of friends that are coming just to hang out. Unfortunately, Andrew won’t be able to make it so feel free to bring someone else okay,”

“Yeah sure,” In the background there was a voice that was saying ‘Babe it’s your turn,’ and it was a man’s voice, “I will see you there! Bye,”

“Well we don’t need the party anymore,” Joe tried to brighten it up.

“Oh we’re having the party,” Andrew made final, “But I won’t be bringing Lori,”

“For some reason I don’t seem to like this plan but whatever. Kevin, when do we leave?”

“Uh I believe next week Friday. Did Daniey tell you she’s coming,”

“Yes. Where’s Nick I want to talk to him about the song,”

“Why don’t you talk to me?” Joe inquired.

“Or your band mates,” Andrew pressured.

“Because this song is for both bands,” I replied.

“You mean you’ve already begun the song?”

“Yeah the words were done when Nick was visiting me and Kevin helped me make a killer guitar duo solo thing,” I believe I made sense.

“So what happened to our band?”

“Jay and Chris are both playing drums, you are doing the duo with Kev, Nick and Joe are singing,”

“Where are you in all of this?”

“I had to make the damn song don’t you think that’s enough!”

“Kristen! I think I finished it,” Nick popped in, “Oh hey everyone,”

“I want to see,” Joe begged.

“No. Nick run away and lock your door,”

“Kristen!” Joe pouted.

“Your too cute when you do that,” I gave him the sandwich, “The answer is still no,”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a long time right
sorry
been wrapped up in school
tooooo muccch homewoork!
but after late nights I have come up with this chapter
hope you enjoyed it!

-Gina