Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Everyone's a little corny

“JOE!” I heard a voice scream .Kristen. I ran down the hallway to her room, she wasn’t there.

“Kris!” I yelled.

“Help me,” Her voice replied shaken and scarred.

“Where are you?”I panicked looking through the rooms.

“Don’t you know Joseph that she’s all mine,” A male shadow cast over her with a gun to her head.

“Let her go,”

“If she’s not mine, then she can be nobody’s,” With that he started to pull the trigger yet by the first sound of the shot,
I woke up.

I ran to her room which her door was closed, “KRISTEN!” I pounded on the door, “KRISTEN!”

“Joe,” She opened the door groggily, “What” But I cut her off with a hug, “What’s going on?”

“I had this horrible dream and I don’t ever want it to happen,” I said looking at her almost falling asleep, “I’m sorry for waking you,”

“Hmm,” She sort of woke up a bit, “No, uh are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?”

I laughed as she said these things with her eyes closed half of the time, “Babe, you’ll just go to sleep on me,”

She shrugged, “Then just come in and watch a movie. I don’t want to have to wake up to a crazy person pounding on my door again,”

“I’m not that crazy,”

“Sure you’re not. Movies are on the bottom shelf or you can order,” She sat on her bed and yawned, “Try to get some sleep though,”

“I think your IPod will do enough,” I said when finding no movies. Yet, as I turned around Kristen lay sleeping.

After turning on her IPod, I tucked her in kissed her forehead and went to lie on the floor. Just knowing she was in seeing distance assured me that the world was at peace.

“Joe,” she said softly, “Get up here,”

“But,”

“Get your ass up here Joe,” She stated simply.

“Okay,” I smiled getting up from the floor and on the spot she had created for me.

“I love this song,” She said quietly as Aerosmith’s ‘Don’t Want to Miss a Thing,’ came on.
And so I sang to her, until both of us were peacefully back to sleep.

When waking up, I found that my hand was no longer on a solid Kristen, but a soft pillow. Opening my eyes, I saw that Kristen was no longer near me.

“KRISTEN!” I yelled frantically, “KRISTEN” I kept shouting.

“What’s wrong?” She ran upstairs into the room.

“Where were you?” I asked.

“Downstairs Joe what’s going on? You’re starting to act like me and that’s not a good thing,”
She sat on the bed.

“I had this dream,” I explained, “And you were going to be shot and I couldn’t stop him,”

Her face, there was no expression. Her eyes looked down at the tile.

“Say something please,”

“I don’t know what to say,”

“Are you mad?”

“I’m not mad. Just freaked,”

“So am I,”

“But Joe I can’t be by your side twenty four seven,” she smiled.

“How about 22 seven,”

“Joe,” She laughed.

“I know I know. It’s just I can’t imagine this stuff. I want you with me forever,”

“Forever is a big word there Joseph,”

“That’s the way I want it to stay,” I whispered.

She nodded snuggling into me, “What are we doing today?”

“Nothing so far, why,” I asked.

“Well since you three need a place we could go house shopping and then maybe we could actually go on that date,”

“That sounds good. I’ll take care of the date and you can take care of the house,”

“What if it’s a pink house?”

“That’s cool, I think,”

“An Easter house it is then,” She smiled getting up but turned when I grabbed on her hand
pulling her into a kiss.

“You know what. You always plan the dates. So, you can look for your house while I get to plan this,”

“But planning dates are easier than shopping!”

“Then you’ll just have to learn,” She smirked, “I will see you around lunchtime,”

Later on

“Come on guys let’s go see houses,” A perky Danielle came downstairs.

“Let me tell Kristen bye,” I got up from the couch.

“She’s gone planning your date. Please exit through the front door and into Kevin’s car.
Thank you for choosing Danielle’s house tours,”

“Fine,”

KRISTENS POV

“Hey Jay,” I smiled as I entered his room.

“Hello,” He looked up from our Myspace page.

“Where’s your dad?”

“I think he’s in his office why?”

“I need to ask him a favor,” I said running downstairs to a wooden door.

“Uncle Jer,” I knocked on his door.

“Oh hello there Kristen, how may I help you?”

“Well, I’m planning this date and I was wondering,”

“If you could borrow the stadium?” He asked as I nodded.

“Of course, you are the second lady in my life to ask that question,”

“Who was the other,”

“My wife,” He smiled.

“That should be right! Haha,”

“Yes, okay well I’ll call them now and you can head down there whenever you want,”

“Thank you!” I hugged him and then quickly left. After saying a quick goodbye to Jay, I went down to the store to buy some items and over to the stadium to set everything up. Once everything was complete, I called Danielle.

“Where are you at?” I asked

“An open house on Marine Drive,”

“K, I need you to stay there. I’ll be there in a few to pick up Joe,” I said making a turn.

“Okie doki cousin, what are you guys doing?”

“I’m not telling you,” I laughed into the phone.

“PLEASE! He can’t hear us,” She begged.

“Red Sox, Yankees, Islanders,” was all I said before I hung up.

Finding the open house wasn’t that hard. Seeing about two dozen balloons welcome you
helps. Stopping in front of the house, I honked my horn and waited. In that time, I took a second to look over the house.

It was a two story house; there was a fence between it and the other two houses. The neighborhood was nice and seemed quite peaceful. It wasn’t too far away from my house either.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when the front door of the house opened to reveal a straight ironed head with a Beatle’s shirt and jeans. Unlocking the door, he hopped up on the passenger’s seat.

“Hello Beautiful,” He said pecking my lips.

“How was the house,” Asking as I turned the key.

“I don’t think it’s the house for us,” He shrugged.

“Awe I’m sorry,”

“It’s okay. I’m with you now. What are we doing?”

“Well I’m driving and you’re putting on this pretty blindfold,” I held up the pink unicorn
bandana.

“Are you serious?”

“So serious,” I smirked.

“Why can’t I just know though,” He pouted.

“I’ve told you before how that’s cute, but it doesn’t work Joe. Put the blindfold on before I
have to tackle you down,”

“Oh I’m so scared,” He replied but put on the blindfold anyways, “Can I have a hint?” Joe
asked.

“On what,”

“The place where we are going!”

“Diamonds,” was all I said and he began to stroke his chin with his hand which made me
giggle a bit.

“I know!” He announced and I admit I was scared a bit, “We’re going to the jewelry store so
you can buy me a ring,”

Holding back my laughter I responded with, “Yes you are totally right,” At that time though we had already come to the stadium and the car had stopped.

“Can I take the blindfold off now?” He asked.

“Nope, just don’t move okay,” I said running over to the passenger’s side. After kissing his
lips softly, I took his hands and led him into the stadium.

“This doesn’t smell like a store,” He smirked.

“Come on do you really think I’d bring you into a jewelry store,” I said as we started on the field.

“Why is it squishy,” I didn’t answer his question but took off his blindfold, “Woah,”

“So what do you think?”

“How’d you get this place?”

“I have my connections,”

“This whole place is for us,”

I nodded, “Unless you want to invite someone else,”

“Not at all,” He hugged me kissing my cheek, “This is amazing,”

“Good. So we are having lunch,” I led him over to my blue picnic basket.

“What are we having Ms. Jacobs?”

“Why hot dogs of course,” I smiled taking it out with condiments, “And Pepsi for you and diet for me,”

“ Yummy,” He replied taking a chunk out of his hotdog.

“It’s nice out today,” I commented.

“Definitely. What else are we doing?”

“You want more!” I laughed.

“Well is there,”

“Now I’m not going to tell you!”

“So there is more,” He smirked.

“Maybe. Maybe not,”

“Mysterious, okay. How was your day,”

“Pretty busy,” I shrugged, “I had to plan somebody’s date, but I finished one song today,”

“Which song,” Another bite was taken.

“Your song,” I smiled.

“When do I get to hear it?”

“When the album comes out,” I mocked his excitement.

“How about for our anniversary?”

“When is that Mr. Jonas?”

“Two weeks from now,” He beamed.

“I’m sorry I missed all our other anniversaries” I laughed wondering why he kept track of all
this.

“It’s okay, I think we had fun on those days,” he accompanied me.

“Then maybe I’ll sing it, just maybe,”

After that we ate our meal and goofed off. Its moments like these that I cherish the most. Yet, I don’t think I could or will ever forget Joe.

“Babe you okay?” He chuckled watching me space out.

“Hm, oh yeah, I’m fine. Are you ready to go?” I asked.

“Where”

“The moon,” I shrugged standing up.

“Moon? Don’t you think your fans will miss you,” He asked as I took his hand and we walked out.

“Mine will, but yours won’t,” I joked then kissed his cheek when he started to pout. I led him
over to Danielle’s green jeep that she let me borrow.

“Where’s your car?”

“Right here,” I said jumping in.

“I’m beginning to learn not to question you,” He smiled kissing my hand.

We drove to the sound of one of my band’s earlier songs called, “Better Together,” which Chris sung. By the end of our drive, we were on top of a hill looking over the whole city, which was pretty beautiful on a blue sunny day like today.

“So what are we doing here?” he asked.

“I don’t really have a reason,” I shrugged, “It’s just peaceful don’t you think,” I got out of the car and sat on the only bench that was there. He pulled me into his arms when he sat next to me.

“Yes it is,” Kissing my head he said, “Kristen what are you doing after the tour?”

“I’ve been thinking about going to college, but if this whole music thing starts to take off then I’m not so sure, but if you’re with me I don’t really care,” I shrugged.

“I thought I was supposed to be the corny one,” He laughed.

“You are,” I joined him, “But I have my moments,”

“I love you Kris,”

“I love you too Joe,”

And the two just sat there for an hour or so looking at the sun set over the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry haven't updated in a while
again homework excuse
this weekends a three day weekend
COMMENT

<3Gina