Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

When in silence, push someone

It was finally time for us to leave home and get back to our regular routine of millions of screaming fans and long naps on moving buses. But we couldn't leave without a party...

"Kristen, there are so many people!" Joe said entering the kitchen.

"I think they all want to see you and your brothers. Not too many famous people pass through Hawaii," I smirked.

"Maybe so, or maybe it was the fact that you finally showed everyone this wicked house of yours,"

"KRISTEN I LOVE YOU!!!!" Nick shouted happily, spinning me around in a circle.

"Woah there buddy get your own girlfriend," Joe joked.

"Don't worry I will soon have one. Erica and I are going on a date," He beamed.

"Finally I was wondering when you were going to stop being a loner," Joe was really joking today.

"Joe stop it," I scolded before looking at Nick, "When are you guys going out?"

"Well when we come back,"

"That's good but you're okay if things do happen while we're gone right?"

"Yeah, as long as there is nothing going on when I get back," he smiled and left to the backyard.

"I thought he'd never leave," Joe wrapped his arms around my waist and started to nibble on my ear.

“Babe,” I said and he replied with a grunt, “We have guests outside,”

“Your point is?” He whispered.

I turned around and kissed him on his lips leaving him smiling like his goofball self, “Put this on the table,” I gave him a bowl of chips and some dip.

“You’re so lucky I love you,” He said exiting the room as I just laughed.

“Shut girl, Shut your lips do the Hellen Keller and talk with your hips,” Andrew sung.

“You’re happy,”

“I know,” He smiled, “I’m out of a horrific relationship and single so ready to mingle,”

“Well go then! There are so many girls out there, I don’t think I can smell my own perfume,” I joked.

“Speaking of people, I heard someone is bringing Shay,” He said hesitantly.

“Oh? Who might that be?”

“Kathleen,” and at that moment I froze dropping the bowl in my hand. Cursing as I picked it up I looked at him, “Why and how is she coming?”

“I think just to show off that she has a ‘famous’ friend or what not and how—I don’t really know. I think someone spilled and so….yeah,”
“Well that’s fine then,”

“You’re okay right,”

“Yeah just as long as they don’t ruin it because Joe and I are happy finally,” I sat on the counter.

“Does Joe get mad easily?” Andrew asked.

“I don’t think so, sometimes. He’s pretty stubborn, why?”

“Because he has a look on his face that screams anger and he’s coming right now,”

“KRISTEN!”

“Joe,” I said calmly.

“How could you?” His voice raged.

“How could I what?” I asked innocently.

“Don’t act all innocent, this isn’t one of those games anymore. Kristen how you could invite him,” He pointed out the window.

“Invite who?” I mumbled looking through to see a smiling Shay and Kristen groaned, “Joe I didn’t—“

“Hey doll, I’m so glad you called,” Shay came inside hugging me.

Joe furiously left to the backyard.

“Shay what are you doing?” I pushed him off of me.

“I’m here to win you back,” He smirked.

“Win me back? That’ll happen what frogs fly and a pig can make a cake,” I ran off to follow Joe. Yet, by the time I saw him to tell him what had happened he was kissing Kathlene.

“Joe?” I asked to make sure wasn’t seeing things.

“What” He asked as though I had ruined his fun and was annoying him.

“How could you kiss…..her,” I asked more disturbed than ever before and so furious that if he didn’t give me the greatest response I just might slap him.

“Well how could you invite him?” He fought back.

“Maybe if you weren’t such a stubborn teenager you’d know that I didn’t invite him. She did and she wasn’t even invited, more of she crashed this party and maybe if you would have listened to me earlier you might have understood that,” My voice was the only one heard now and the party had stopped while everyone was watching us.

“Oh wow, look Shay just fell,” Kevin made up.

“No I didn’t?” Shay said.

“Hey Nick look over there,” Andrew said.

As Nick was turned he ‘accidently’ pushed him into the pool and played it off as an accident, “Oops, my bad,” With that the party went back to normal except for the tension in my body, the fallen and shocked look on Joe’s face, and Kathleen’s stupid giggle.

“I’m done,” I said running into the house.

“Kristen,” He called after, “Kris where are you going,”

“Far away from you,” I yelled as I had now entered my room slamming and locking it.

“Kris open the door,” The knob was being twisted and turned.

“Go away!” I sat in the middle of the room.

“I’m not going away Kristen. Just talk to me please,” Yet, I had nothing to say and I heard
him groan and a sudden thump. Whenever I thought of thumps and Joe together it wasn’t ever good, but I couldn’t give in right now.

After another minute I heard another thump, “Joe stop it,”

Unfortunately he knows that if I think your being hurt I’ll tell you to stop, so he continued until I couldn’t take it anymore and turned the knob furiously to see Joe standing there smirk on his face. I tried to close the door but his damn foot was in the way. I had two options step on his foot and shut the door or listen.

“You still love me,” He taunted with a smile.

“So why do I want to murder that foot of yours and slam this door on your face,” My threat didn’t make anything change.

“I’m sorry and I know that you’re probably sick of hearing it but I am. After all this time you’re the best thing I’ve ever had and I really don’t want to lose you to those bastards who aren’t damn worthy of you. But I’m being a hypocrite now because neither do I,” He started to ramble on to himself just like he always would when he was nervous.

I was listening to him, but I was no longer near the door, yet I sat in the middle of the room as I did before I caved in.

“Do you think I should paint my room a different color,” I just said looking at the walls.

“What?” and I knew what he was thinking. How I could bring something up when he was in
a serious conversation. I do forgive him, but he just kept talking and talking so I just let my mind wonder.

“Maybe foam or forest green,”

“Yeah sure but---“ I had to cut him off before he got into that subject again.

“I forgive you Joe. I always have and always will. Kathlene invited Shay to get both of us to turn against each other,” We both stared blankly at the wall.

“I’m sorry I kissed her, you know it didn’t mean anything to me right?”

“Yes it better not have,” I laughed a bit.

“Kris, let’s promise each other something,” He said.

“What is that?”

“I’ll promise to kind of trust your ex-boyfriends if you promise you won’t be mad at me if I do
freak out once in a while,”

I laughed a bit to his compromise, “That sounds like a good deal,”

“Oh another good idea, go Joe go Joe,” He started to dance a little bit.

“Hey lovebirds, “Kevin knocked on my door, “There are people still downstairs,”

“Did they leave?” I asked.

“Yes yes, after getting out of the pool Shay started to curse and almost got into a fight with
your brothers and Nick but then Rob kicked him out and Daniey accused Kathlene of stealing silverware so they kicked her out too,” The smile on Kevin’s face when he talked about his girlfriend was proud and I just laughed standing up.

“I think there are hugs to be given out,”

“Starting with me!” Kevin said excitedly.

“What did you do?” Joe asked.

“If I didn’t start that whole Shay thing you two would still be out there and it would be
awkward and hey your ex and your enemy got soaked,” With that Joe and I both gave Kevin a hug.

“See the oldest brother always gets the most love,”

“Yes older brother,” Joe patted him on the back before we all made our way downstairs.

“Oh there you are, I was going to call the police on you two,”

“I love you too Danielle,” I responded sarcastically.

“Don’t try to suck up now! You better go out there and host your party,” I rolled my eyes as
she pushed me out the door.

“Hey Kris, play us a song!” One of my friends yelled.

“A song,” I replied, “What kind of song?”

“A love song,” Another cheered.

“Hmm, a love song. Well, I have one on the top of my head, but I was suppose to sing about a week and a half from now,” I shrugged smiling.

“Oh come on we all want to hear it,” That voice was so Joe’s.

“Really,” I laughed as Andrew handed me a guitar, “Now it’s been a while since I’ve played guitar so please Kevin don’t make fun of me,”

“I promise,” He shouted back.

“Okay let’s start,” I said as I sat on the stool.

On a Monday, I am waiting
Tuesday, I am fading
And by Wednesday, I can't sleep
Then the phone rings, I hear you
And the darkness is a clear view
Cuz you've come to rescue me

Fall... With you, I fall so fast
I can hardly catch my breath, I hope it lasts

[Chorus:]
Ohhhhh
It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
Ohhhhh
It's as if you know me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me

I am moody, messy
I get restless, and it's senseless
How you never seem to care

When I'm angry, you listen
Make me happy it's your mission
And you won't stop til I'm there

Fall... Sometimes I fall so fast
When I hit that bottom
Crash, you're all I have

[Chorus:]
Ohhhhh
It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
Ohhhhh
It's as if you known me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me

How do you know everything I'm about to say?
Am I that obvious?
And if it's written on my face...
I hope it never goes away... yeah

On a Monday, I am waiting
And by Tuesday, I am fading into your arms...
So I can breathe

[Chorus:]
Ohhhhh
It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
Ohhhhh
It's as if you've know me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
Ohhhhh
I love how you can tell
Ohhhhh
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me...


With that the crowd clapped and I was blinded with smiles. When walking through the crowd to get back to Joe, high fives and pats on my shoulders were given until I got my favorite person.

He made me nervous, like from the first day we spent together, as he frowned. Yet, that frown only lasted as a minute went by and the frown was now a smile.

“I love you,” He mouthed.

Rolling my eyes, I went over to hug him whispering, “I love you too,”

“Let’s party!” And it was party of the year, the place to be that day. It felt good to be home, but it was time to get back on the road so we could please everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Pieces of Me" -Ashlee Simpson

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER
-I need to finish the another chapter for the other story
-which is currently at seven pages right now
COMMENTS
-Gina