Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

No more questioning

I’m sitting in a room made up of only big white walls and in the halls they’re people looking through they know exactly

We sat in the back of the bus, rehearsing one of our new songs for the next concert. The Jonas’ were on their bus, and that included Joe. Danielle was sleeping in her bunk, tired from staying up all night from texting Kevin.

My group and I sat on the couches, having a genuine band moment.

“I can’t believe this tour is almost done,” Chris sighed.

“I know, feels like just yesterday we stepped on and did our first show,” Jay added.

“Guys whatever happens after this tour, you’ll always be my older brothers,” I faked a sniffle
then started to laugh.

“So are you and Joe staying together after the tour?” Andrew asked.

“Well yeah. They’re moving actually so at least I don’t have to worry about the distance,” I shrugged.

“I thought you applied for Berklee,” Chris inquired.

“Yeah I actually wanted to tell you guys that I got in,” I said quietly but then got a response of loud congrats and tight hugs.

“We’re so proud of you,” Andrew said.

I smiled back weakly nodding.

“You are going to take it right?” Chris asked.

I shrugged making the boys groan before she answered, “Guys come one! We’re making an album, I can’t be doing that when I’m all the way out there in Berklee. I mean we already have a good thing here.”

“Sophie that’s true, but think about how much knowledge you can learn over there about this
stuff,” Jay added.

“Does Joe know?” Andrew wondered.

I shook my head, “I haven’t gotten around to getting his opinion.”

“I think you should tell him soon,” Chris instructed.

“I will but when the time is right you know. Everything’s going great right now,”

“Okay,” They agreed, “As long as you do it soon though,”

I nodded and stared out through the window behind us to see the Jonas bus.
It was dark outside already and this offer had made my stomach twist whenever I thought about it. It was hard to imagine if Joe would be mad or proud. Yet, I really didn’t want to leave him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and it was no other than Joe.

Hey love – Joe

I smiled and responded back hello.

What you up to? –Joe

Just thinking about things –Kris

Oooh like what? – Joe


I laughed at his curiosity

Just random topics –Kris

I really wasn’t in a place to tell him about college right now. I didn’t even know if I was going yet or not. I mean we had resolved the issue about distance when Joe said they were moving, but now I really don’t want to be the reason we’re apart.

Hmm k. Can I come over? We’ll be at a pit stop in like 10 minutes –Joe
S
ure. I think you have to bring your brothers too –Kris

Pshh no! I’m old enough to cross the street by myself! –Joe

Maybe you should bring Nick and Kev. Lol. –Kris

Yeah. Be over in a few. Love you –Joe

Love you too –Kris


I took out the paper under my bunk, my acceptance letter that is anyway. This letter, it was always my future since sophomore year. I had planned and joined all the clubs and organizations I had too just for my application letter. And I had gotten in. But, I’m living a dream right now and who knows where this could lead to!

“Hey guys,” Joe’s voice played throughout the bus and I shuffled trying to hide the letter once again.

“Kris,” He said and I jumped a bit dropping the paper on the floor.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“What is that?” He questioned.

“What are you talking about?”

He pointed to the floor where the paper was and I panicked inside my head. I picked the paper up, “Oh just some sheet music,”

“With a bunch of words on it?” He could see through the paper.

“Yeah, it’s the one for the chords and stuff,”

“Kris, you can tell me the truth,” He stepped closer talking in a soft voice with a smile.

I gulped and looked down at the paper that caused my life conflict, “No. I don’t think you can
handle the truth. I-I don’t think I can even handle the truth.”

He sat down on my bunk, pulling me with him, “Please tell me,”

“Here,” I handed him the paper.

With a confused look he took it from me and he started to scan the paper. I never could read
Joe’s expressions, but at one point I knew he was sad. He was holding it back, but he was sad.

He put the paper down slowly, slightly on his leg, and opened his mouth. Nothing came out of it though and after taking a breath he spoke, “College,” He bit his lip, “That’s great.”

“Great?”I was confused by this saying.

“Yeah, you should uh go,” He nodded looking at the other bunks curtain.

“No,” I whispered.

“What?” He questioned.

“You don’t mean that,” I angrily whispered.

“I do,” He said hesitantly.

“Joe,” I said softly, “I want the truth,”

“I don’t want you to go okay, but I really don’t want to be the one who held you back from all
the things you could do,” He said holding my hands.

“But Joe, people go to that school to make it big! I’m on a tour bus with the Jonas Brothers! How much bigger can I get!” I laughed quietly.

“Kris please,” He said trying to be serious, “I just don’t want you to regret anything,”

I looked down at our hands, him rubbing my thumb softly, “It’ll work out okay.”

He wrapped me in a hug, “Maybe we could do that online college thing,”

“We?” I pulled away.

“I could get into college too!” He replied shocked.

“I never said you couldn’t but I think you’re a bit too preoccupied with this Jonas Brothers thing,” I laughed leaning into him my head on his shoulder.

“I’d leave all of it to be with you,” He said softly and quite serious might I add.

“No. I would never let that happen,” in the same tone I added.

“What if it’s my-” he started

“I don’t care about your so called choices when it comes to the Jonas Brothers,” I
grinned, “This is your dream and with your brothers. I’m just a tiny bit of it,”

He sighed definitely defeated, “You’re a big part of it,”

I didn’t say anything else, just smiled. I knew he was smiling too as we just sat there in our own happy silence.

“Hey lovebirds,” Chris came in as casually.

“Hi loner,” I replied getting a small chuckle out of Joe.

“Hey!” He retorted, “The Jonas’ didn’t have a sister. It wasn’t my fault. Think about it, we’d trade girls by now,”

“GUYS!” Kevin’s voice flooded the area.

“Kevin,” Joe faked his enthusiasm and I shifted my body so my back was against the wood.

“Look,” He said holding out a box.

“Yes Kevin, that box is really impressive,” I answered.

“Not that silly, what’s in the box,” he opened it up and a beautiful ring sparkled.

“Kevin, are you going to--” I stopped my sentence halfway just in case I wasn’t getting the
right message.

“I know what you’re thinking. No I’m not proposing, it’s a promise ring,” He shrugged letting me hold the red velvet box.

“Oh. Damn Kevin, if this is just a promise ring I wonder what the engagement rings going to look like,” I joked handing it back to him.

“You’re a little too ahead in my future there Kris. Do you think she’ll like it?” He asked in high
hopes.

“Yes any girl would like that,” I rolled my eyes smiling.

He laughed and nodded, “Okay. Just thought I’d show you two,” He said before leaving.

“I’m so glad they found each other,” I said looking at Joe who seemed to have a blank face.

“Are you saying you want things like that?” He said in a not so casual tone.

“Like what,” I was deeply confused.

“Like rings and such. I can get you that,” It seemed as if he was panicking and under pressure.

“Joe,” I said softly, “Are you okay?”

“Yes. I am just saying you should be spoiled like that,” His voice changed and it was as if he
was demanding that I take gifts.

“I don’t want those things. Just please calm down,” I pleaded.

His face softened, “Then what do you want?”

“Well it’s going to take a while for world peace,” I joked, “but I already have you. That’s it Joe,”

“But I’m not all cool like a ring or a necklace,” He replied.

“Joe I really think you’re becoming sick,” I felt his forehead, “I know you’re not cool like a ring or a necklace. You’re better.”

“Are you sure? I can --” I kissed him to make him shut up.

“You’re perfect,” I said simply, “You are all I want,”

He sighed probably defeated and lowered his head so his forehead was touching mine softly, “I just. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

I closed my eyes after the statement and tried to suppress my sigh. Everything was coming to a close soon and Joe and I were going to be strong with one another after, even if it meant hurting myself, “Then we’ll just live in the now. No more questions asked, just go,” I shrugged.

He nodded slowly and the sound of our breathing was heard.
♠ ♠ ♠
UGHH!!!!
I have a reason to end it but idk how!
they're too cute
help????