Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

A Made Up Sorry

It’s a week before Christmas and it wasn’t too long before our last show, before we had to get on the plane back to Hawaii.

“Love,” Joe called out as I had just finished wrapping only a part of his gift.

“Babe,” I replied and he entered the bunk area.

“Is that my gift?” His smile grew.

“It’s nice to see you too,” I joked smiling.

“I’m kidding. How are you?” He asked after kissing my cheek and sitting down before me.

“Tired, but I finished all my wrapping,” I shrugged. My bed had gone from empty to being
filled with boxes wrapped with snowman and Santa wrapping paper.

“You putting these things below the tree?” He wondered.

I nodded. Jay had bought a fake little tree for the bus and we all decided to have our Christmas here.

“Want to go out tonight?” He asked and I was a little caught off guard.

“What?” I know we’re going out and couples do go out on dates it’s just that we never have time.

“I know, shocking. We’ll be at a stop soon and well I thought it might be good for a romantic evening for the two of us,” He shot me his hopeful smile.

“Hmm, I don’t know. I’m pretty busy,” I smirked. Yet, he just pulled me into a kiss and it turned into a make out session. I played with a lock of his hair and he pushed aside the gifts that separated us before putting his hands on my waist. Before I knew it my back was touching the floor.

Our lips were in sync and it was just pure love. He let out a small moan at one point and I totally just wanted to go on, but we couldn’t. I pulled away slowly, our breathing both heavy.

He smirked and slumped to my side, both hands on my side still.

“You two do know we have beds if you want to sleep right?” Jay’s voice was heard but I had
no intention to look at him.

“Yup,” I replied.

It was silent and all you could hear was footsteps fading and Jay mumbling, “Wierdos.”
I smiled and turned to look at Joe, whose eyes were closed. I kissed his cheek and tried to get up, but I was locked under his arms.

“Joe,” I whined quietly.

“Love,” he said in one piece with a smirk. I pouted but he was unable to see.

“You won’t get your gift if you don’t let me go,” I said hoping this would set me free.

“You mean I’d get to hold you in my arms forever. I’ll take it,” He laughed quietly.

I sighed and closed my own eyes relaxing after a long day of work. Soon enough a pair of lips found my neck and I kept my eyes closed. It was intoxicating and I wanted to kiss back, but I wouldn’t. I did open my eyes though and decided to take control. I moved and Joe stopped confused and I just smirked pushing him down to the floor.

I started from behind his neck and made my way around. At one point he had let out a soft moan and I laughed on the inside, deciding to stay on that one spot for a while.

“Kris,” He pulled away, “I uh…KEVIN!” he yelled and then ran toward the bathroom. This left
me face to face with Kevin.

“He went to the bathroom,” my tone came out as a question more than a statement.

Kevin’s eyebrows furrowed together, but then became undone with a small smirk on his
face. I had assumed that he knew what was going on and I waited for him to continue.

“Kris, you make Joe,” he paused I guess searching for a word, “happy.”

I scratched the top of my head and he laughed a bit, “Don’t think so innocently.”

I had understood what had happened. I had given Joe an erection. I felt myself smiling, but I
didn’t know if I should be happy or sad. I mean I was kind of happy I was able to make this happen. Unfortunately, I had to make it happen with a Jonas Brother.

The bus had stopped and immediately Joe dashed out as if I were planning to kill him. I
wasn’t, I promise.

Kevin helped me up and I sighed, “Just let him take a shower first.”

I nodded and we both made our way out of the bus.

Danielle and I were sharing a room once again. She decided to go to Starbucks with Kevin, which made me alone here. I decided to go and hang out with my brothers.

The door was open and typical yelling was heard. They were playing video games.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR!” I heard Chris yell.

“Yes it is,” Andrew replied

“Guys what are you doing?” I asked leaning on the wall.

“Watching Zoey 101,” Jay replied as if he was the only guy in the room. I laughed nodding,
leaving the room. I walked a bit more down the hall and heard guitar playing and the door cracked.

I knocked softly and opened the door slowly, just to see Nick’s curls pop up, “Hey Kris. Joe’s not here.”

I nodded, “Do you mind if I just hang out with you though. Everyone’s either gone or loud.”

“Sure,” He shrugged and went back to playing a random tune.

“Hey, so what was going on with Joe today,” He asked as I sat down on the other bed.

“Joe,” I paused feeling myself smile, “Had an accident.”

He laughed, “Ew.”

“Be nice and don’t mention it,” I stated. I’m glad Nick was mature and was able to
understand.

“Okay what happened though,”

I shrugged, “We were kissing and then he ran off into the bathroom.” Nick started laughing a
bit harder now.

“Hey you’re going to go through this one day,” I stood up for my boyfriend.

“Probably but I’m able to keep my personal life personal.”

“Where is Joe anyways?” I was propped up by my elbows looking around.

“I think he went to go and walk around in the lobby. So what did you get him for Christmas?”
He asked putting down the car.

“It’s more of a bunch of things but I don’t know if he’ll like it,” I criss-crossed on the bed.

“Okay well tell me,” He suggested.

“There’s an engraved guitar but he barely plays the ones we have so--,” I paused looking for
help.

“Joe really likes to play acoustic. He doesn’t really do play in front of people, but I’m pretty sure he’ll play in front of you and love it,” Nick smiled reassuringly.

“And then,” I started but he interrupted me.

“AND THEN, there’s more,”

“I told you a bunch of things,” I rolled my eyes and he nodded letting me finish, “There’s also a watch that’s engraved and tickets to see Switchfoot.”

“Kris how much is this costing?” Nick said setting his instrument down.

“Not so much,”

“I don’t think Joe would like you spending so much on him.” He shook his head.

“This is why we won’t tell Joe how much this is,” I made a point.

He sighed, “Whatever you say Kris.”

The door opened and in came Joe who paused when he saw me, “Hey.”

“Hi,” I replied and it wasn’t the quietness I was use to. It was very awkward.

“Okay, I’m going to leave,” Nick got up and walked over to the door, “See you two later.”

“I uhh guess I’ll go too,” I also got up and started to walk away.

“Kris,” He pulled on my hand, “Let’s talk.”

I nodded, “Can we do it over some coffee though.”

His smile reassured me that this wouldn’t be so awkward and he took my hand, starting down the hall. We had gone back inside the bus, making things a bit more private.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” He started as we sat down at our table with warm coffee.

“Yeah me too,” I added.

He looked at me with that blank expression once again, “Kris, I liked it though.”

I looked at him confused, “You liked it?”

His head started up and down, “I liked us.”

“I don’t understand.” I replied.

“I love you Kris and I don’t know but it’s like something happens when you’re near and I just want to hold you,” his voice quieted at the end.

I bit my lip, “Joe, we can’t let ourselves get caught up and do something stupid.”

His head dropped, “I know but it’s hard.”

“Then maybe we should stop this,” I suggested.

“Stop what?” he asked head totally at attention.

I paused, meeting his eyes knowing how hard this was going to be, “You and me.”

He shook his head, “No that shouldn’t even be an option.”

“Joe I love you and I love you enough to make sure your career isn’t in Jeopardy,” I explained looking away.

“If you love me you won’t do this,” his words were soft and fragile.

“It’s almost time for the tour to be over and maybe it’s the best for us,” I ignored whatever he said, “we can just be friends if you want.”

“Kris please don’t do this,” he was now at a whisper head hanging.

“Promise me you won’t take Kevin away from Daniey. They’re good for each other,” I looked off into space.

“Why won’t you listen to me! Kris, I love you.” His had moved his head, probably so I could see his eyes, but I couldn’t even register the damage that had already occurred.

“I’m sorry,” I stood, “I can’t say the same. After our last show next week I’ll be gone and out of your life.”

“Then go!” he yelled, “LEAVE ME!”

I bit my lip. The words stung, yet I had started the mess and I would end it. For the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so pretty short,
but we're coming to a close
but there will be a sequel.

SOOO
comments please