Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

A true gentlemen

Jay's POV

I can't believe I'm actually going to risk my butt.

"Hey Jonas!" I shouted in the hallway seeing him walking toward the door he turned,"I hear you have a thing for my sister,"

"Uh," He forgot who I was.

"Kristen is my sister," I added,"And you like her,"

"Yes, does she hate me?" he asked.

"No, for some odd reason she really likes you. My brothers hate you," I concluded.

"Is that why I'm not taking her tonight?"

"Yes and Kathleen too, Kris thinks you'll like her more," I knew my sister.

"I barely like her now," I smiled.

"Then you'll be okay with skipping your date," I got serious.

"Definately,"

"Good, so you'll be at the Hyatt in a black tux no later than 6:50," I said.

"I thought Kristen's brothers hated me?" He looked confused.

"They do, but something tells me your different. Tonight is the chance to prove that to my bros." I shook my head.

"Thanks," he said sincerely and started to turn.

"Hey, if you're not there don't come to school or go to her house again," He nodded and then walked out.

Now to get pounded, I called the easier one, Chris.

"Sup," He answered.

"Hey Joe is going to be Kristen's escort tonight," I said calmly.

"WHAT!" He shouted.

"Look Kristen wants him to go, so I told him. She has no idea though,"

"Dude, Drew is going to kill you," He probably was. Andrew was the oldest.

"Only if it doesn't work out," Optimism is key.

"You better hope it does. I got to go, see ya then, " He hung up. I called Kristen next.

"Hello," She answered.

"Hey, Bryan said to meet him there at 7:00 k,"

"Whatever, bye," Her voice was flat, I knew she hated Bryan.

Joes POV
"Why are you so dressed up?" Kevin asked.

"I'm escorting Kristen to her father's dinner," I answered fixing my tie.

"I thought Kathleen asked you out?" He crossed his arms standing behind me in the mirror.

"Yeah, but I really like Kristen," I responded.

"FINALLY! Good decisions rubbed off on you," He smiled then walked to his room.

I got to the hotel at 6:50 waiting anxiously on the staircase. I then saw Jay and his brothers come in.

"What is he doing here," One asked when he saw me.

"He is going to escort Kristen," Jay inbetween us.

"No," He shot.

"Why not?" Chris asked.

"because she doesn't need to date another celebrity," he answered.

"Look Kristen is smiling like she use to, do you really want to ruin that by hooking her up with Bryan?" Jay asked.

He didn't look at me, but sighed in defeat,"Fine, but Jonas, you hurt her, no bodyguardw will ever be able to save you," He glared and then walked away. I gulped now a bit scared.

"Don't worry about him," He said standing next to me, "Now Kris will be here in a few. Bryan has the wrong hotel, he shouldn't be coming. This is for my sister," He gave me a rose,"and please don't kill me or yourself," he said then followed the other people in the direction they were going.

I waited a few more minutes, thinking of what to say or what to do, or how to act in there in front of all these people. I guess a gentlemen would be the right way to act. Then I saw her.

She came in:
Image

beautiful

She did a double take when she came in and just stared at me.

"Joe," she whispered.

I smiled."Good evening Ms. Jacobs, I will be your escort tonight," I bowed.

She smiled,"Where's Bryan?"

"He got into some car trouble, asked me to come tonight," I said.

"You know I don't even care what's going on," She shrugged.

"Good, for you my dear," I handed her the rose.

"Thank you," We linked arms and started to walk over to the dinner room. It was filled with adults.

"So any teenagers?" I mumbled to her. She giggled.

"Yeah right, the people my age here are all guys. The girls are ages 3 or under," She answered waving at random people.

"So I'm competing with a bunch of rich dudes?" I asked looking around.

"Yeah, but I enjoy you more,"She said as she lead me to the table where her brothers were sitting.

"Boys, this is Joe Jonas. Joe this is Christopher Gerald, Jaython Skit, and Andrew James," She introduced me and I shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you," I said politely, and then pulled out her chair.

"Thanks," she smiled and sat down.

Kristen's POV
What in the world was going on! Joe looked amazing, and he was being such a, such a gentlemen. He was different from the guy I had met earlier, the one that goofed around way too much. My brothers were being nice to him. Now it was time for the real test.

"Hello Kristen," My fathers voice rang from behind as all of us stood up.

"Hi dad," I hugged and kissed his cheek, "You remember the boys and Joseph,"

"Yes,hello" He said shaking Joe's hand.

"Hello sir," He replied.

"You guys know how it works," My dad looked at my brothers,"Make yourself at home Joseph," My dad said and left.

"What did he mean 'know how it works'?" Joe asked.

"The teenagers, well us anyways, we always leave early," Chris explained and Joe's head nodded.

The first course came out, Canneloni's. What I expected was Joe to dive right into it. Instead, he took out his napkin and cut it with the butterknife and fork. Second course was a light salad. Third was the filet mignon, with lobster, veggies, and mash potatoes.

"Whats wrong?" He asked when I didn't eat the food.

"Nothing, it's just a lot," I said and my brothers laughed.

"She never eats the full meal," Jay said, and Joe joined them laughing.

"You guys are mean!" I pouted.

"We're sorry," Joe said seriously.

"No you're not," I laughed and ate my meal.

Last but not least, dessert. I told the lady no thanks and she took it away.

"Did you seriously just say no to a chocolate brownie with ice cream?" Joe looked amazed.

"Oh dude, she never hasn't eatin these in three months. We've bribed her to but she won't," Chris shook his head.

"Nothing sweet," I said simply and took a deep sigh.

Then Joe pushed his plate toward me and crossed his arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"If you're not going to eat any, I won't either," He smiled.

"You know you want that brownie," I knew he had to cave in.

"Yeah, but I'm okay," He replied.

It was just right infront of me,"Kris eat it!" Jay whispered.

"Come on, you ate ice cream yesterday," Joe said.

The boys gasped,"You cheated!" Chris pointed.

I sighed in defeat,"Fine, whatever,"
I took my spoon and dipped it into the ice cream and shoved it in my mouth. They laughed when I sighed in relief.

"So Kris this week is busy huh?" Andrew said.

"Uh I guess," I said.

"Why?" Joe asked.

"We have play rehearsal all day tomorrow," I replied.

"Then we have a gig tomorrow night also," Jay added excited.

"Gig?" Joe was bewildered.

"Yeah, Kris didn't tell you we have our own band?" Andrew eyed me, oh no. I forgot to tell him, but eventually I was.

"No, so what's this band called?" He asked.

"JACK's Lullaby," Jay said,"I'm on guitar, Chris is the drummer, Andrew is our Bass player, and Kristen our lead singer,"

"So that's what I heard earlier today?" He asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Cool," He replied.

"Guys," Andrew said looking at his watch,"It's time,"

"Time for what?" Joe asked looking at all of us get up.

"To leave," I said and waved at my father telling him we were leaving. He nodded, "Let's go,"

We all headed out the door, Joe looking panicky,"We're not going to kill you," I whispered.

He laughed hesitantly, in panick now. We got outside.

"Who's house we chillin at?" I asked.

"Why don't we go to yours, since you do have a guest," Jay suggested.

"Okay, Joe how'd you get here?" I asked him.

"Kevin," He replied.

"I'll take him. You got extra clothes?" I looked at my bros.

"Got it," Chris had just come from Jay's car.

"Thanks, see you guy's there," I handed Joe the clothes and we got inside my car.

"So what are we doing exactly?" He sat in the passenger's side.

"Hanging out. Call your brothers," I said and he took out his phone.

I called Danielle.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey you want to come over and hang out?" I asked.

"What I Like About You is on though," She whined.

"Kevin's coming," I said and then her voice was different.

"OH I will be there in a few!" She said and hung up.

"My bros are coming," Joe put down his phone also.

"Good, thanks for coming tonight Joe," I smiled.

"No problem," He answered.

We got to my house,and apparently we were the last one's there. We got inside and everyone was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"You can change in the bathroom," I said and he walked away.

I sighed at the sight of my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOOOOOO
comments are appreciated.
I'm trying to figure out how to put Nick's love interest in there.
I'll update soon!