Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Sleepover at a guy mall

My friends are the goofiest people in the world.

"Who's winning?" I asked seeing Jay and Kevin playing guitar hero:world tour.

They didn't respond, too busy in their game. I sat down next to Andrew.

"So what do you think about Joe?" I asked quietly.

"He's aiight," He replied.

"You like him," I poked his side.

"Never said that Kris," He looked at me.

"Fine," I turned my attention to the television,"You know you do though," I mumbled. All of a sudden something was covering my eyes.

"Guess who," They said.

"Johnny Cash," I replied and then the hands came off. I saw Joe looked shocked.

"What you said guess," I laughed. He rolled his eyes and jumped on the couch. Kevin and Jay finished and Kevin won.

"I want to play!" I yelped getting up.

"Sure I can use another victim," He replied.

"I don't know man, Kristen is pretty good," Chris commented.

"Thank you," I replied and the game started. The song Parabola on expert.

In the middle of the song.

"What the heck!" Kevin was struggling.

"Do you want quit?" I asked.

"NO!" He replied.

"COME ON KEVIN!" Danielle cheered.

The song was now over and I had won, "Sorry Kev,"

"It's okay. I'll beat you one day though, be ready for a re-match," He sat next to Daniey on the couch.

"So when do I get to hear this band play?" Joe asked me.

"Never," I replied.

He pouted,"How about tomorrow at open mic," Andrew suggested.

I glared at him,"Yeah,"

"Okay, that sounds cool," Joe smiled.

"I'm going to bed," Jay said and headed upstairs.

"Does he live here?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, they all have a room," I pointed out.

"And your father doesn't mind," Kevin asked.

"Nah, it was his suggestion. He doesn't like any of us driving at night," Andrew said getting up.

"Yeah Uncle Rick is cool like that," Chris said.

"You guys want to watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure," They cheered,"What are we watching?"

"Uh choose one," I said and pointed to the dvd stand.

"What about Iron Man?" Kevin suggested.

"Sure," I said and he popped it in, "I'm going to make some popcorn," I went inside the kitchen and Joe followed me.

"Yes Mr. Jonas?" I looked at him.

"Just wanted to know if you needed any help," He smiled.

"Not really," I laughed.

"So why don't you want me to see you guys tomorrow," He asked as I put the popcorn inside of the microwave.

"Because I can't sing," I looked at him.

"Yeah right, if you're the lead role and in a band you must be an excellent singer. I can say that too since I've heard you sing already," He crossed his arms.

"Fine, but if we suck don't laugh," The sound of popcorn popping filled the room and he nodded then left.

Joe's POV
I went back into the living room to find everyone ready for the movie.

"Kevin can I talk to you," I asked and he followed me out to the hallway.

"Watsup bro?" He asked.

"I like Kristen," I admitted.

"NO!" He gasped sarcastically, "What's your point?"

"I want her to go on tour with us," I said.

"Joe tour doesn't start until May, it's only April," He told me.

"I know, that's why it's perfect. They've graduated and their band is really good," I pleaded.

"I don't know Joe. It's not up to us," I knew that.

"Okay, what if somebody comes out here to hear them tomorrow?" I asked.

"You want me to call dad don't you," He knew this very well. I nodded.

"Fine, but that's only because I still want to see Danielle," He sighed then walked out. The smell of popcorn filled my nose.

"Where'd you guys go," Kristen asked.

"On an adventure,"I sat down next to her and the movie started.

Tony Stark: I just want you to reach in, and you're just gonna gently lift the wire out.
Virginia 'Pepper' Potts: Is it safe?
Tony Stark: Yeah, it should be fine. It's like Operation. You just don't let it touch the socket wall or it goes "beep."
Virginia 'Pepper' Potts: What do you mean, "Operation"?
Tony Stark: It's just a game, never mind.

By this part of the movie everyone was basically asleep, except for Kristen who was watching the movie.

"Kris," I said quietly.

Her head moved in the dark,"Yeah,"

"If I were to ask you to go on tour with us, would you?" I asked.

It was silent except for the movie,"I guess. I mean my Summer's are pretty lame, might as well do something productive. Then again, I don't think that would happen,"

Little did she know. "Joe are you going to my play Friday night?"

"Hm, only if you want me to," We couldn't see each other in the darkness

"Yeah, I mean it could be good. We could go get ice cream or something after," I could feel that she had moved to face me.

"Okay then. I'll come," I responded.

"Okay," It was then again quiet,"Joe, I know this might sound wierd, but will you sing me to sleep?"

I chuckled softly,"Sure," I could feel something on my shoulder and I put my arm around it, "Comfy?"

"Mhm," she responded.

Hello Beautiful
How's it going?
I hear it's wonderful in California
I've been missing you its true
But tonight I'm gonna fly
Yea tonight I'm gonna fly
'cause I could comb across the world
See everything and never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes
Hello Beautiful
It's been a long time
Since my phone's rung
And you've been on that line
I've been missing you it's true
But tonight I'm gonna fly
Yea tonight I'm gonna fly
'cause I could comb across the world
See everything and never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes


"Kris?" I said softly, but there was no reply. I was taking everyone was asleep.

Kevin's POV
I woke up to find myself on the floor sleeping, Danielle on the couch above me, Joe and Kristen cuddled on the other couch, and Nick not there. I got up and found him in the kitchen with a stack of pancakes.

"Dude, how'd you get those?" I asked.

"Jenny made them, they're really good," He said then drank his juice.

"Did you see Joe and Kristen," I sat down and stole one of his pancakes.

"Yeah, took a picture of it too," My brother smiled at his accomplishment.

"Do you think it'll be cool if her and her band came on tour with us?" I asked him.

"Seriously! Yeah, that would be so fun!" He was now excited about it.

"First we need to call dad and get him to come out here and see them," I answered. He nodded and I called him putting him on speaker.

"Hello boys," He answered.

"Hey dad," We both replied.

"How's Hawaii?" he asked.

"Good. Dad there's this band we want you to come and see, maybe think about making them our opening," I said.

"Who likes the girl?" He asked. My father knew us well.

"Both Joe and I, but Joe's girl is in the band. Mine is an editor for a magazine. We're trying to find Nick a girlfriend," I looked at Nick who stuck his tongue out.

"Oh okay, I'll fly out today, call you when I get there," He said.

"K bye dad, love you," We said.

"love you too," He hung up and we gave each other a high five.

Kristen's POV
I had awoken to cheering, and to find myself ontop of Joe's chest under a blanket. I snuggled out and went to find where the noise was coming from. Nick and Kevin were in the kitchen.

"What are you two celebrating?" I leaned against the door frame.

"Nothing," Kevin replied,"So how was your sleep?"

I knew why he had asked,"Not even going to answer that," I said then went inside the pantry to find food.

"There are some pancakes on the stove," Nick pointed.

"Oh, today's thursday?" I asked looking at the stack.

"Yeah, why?" Kevin asked.

"Jenny makes pancakes on thursdays," I said and took one.

"Doesn't school start in like an hour?" Kevin asked.

"Huh? No I have free period first," I said, "and classes are frozen due to play practice,"

"Ooh, lucky!" Nick said.

"Yeah, I should go wake up everyone," I got up and left.

First victim Joe. I sat next to him and shook him.

"Joey wake up," I whispered.

"hmm," He moved a bit, but didn't wake up.

"Joe it's morning," I removed the blanket.

"AHH COLD!" He squinted.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"What time is it?" he asked looking around.

"Uh, my guess is 7:00, but we don't have to go in 'til 8:00," I put the blanket around me like a cape.

"Can I have the blanket back?" He asked tugging on it.

I shook my head and went over to Danielle, "DAN WAKE UP!"

"IM HERE, IM HERE," She got up panicked. Joe and I laughed.

I went upstairs to wake the boys in their room.

"LOSERS WAKE UP!" I pounded on their doors.

"Kris, do you really need to wake us up like that?" Chris asked.

"I could poor water all over you guys," I mentioned.

"Good morning," suddenly he was wide awake. I laughed and went picked out my clothes for today, showered, did everything I needed to then went downstairs. Nobody was even close to ready.

"Is there a store around here?" Kevin asked.

"Not really, why watsup?" I asked.

"Our hotel is like an hour away, and we can't wear these clothes again," He stated the obvious.

"Oh dude, we made Kristen a guy mall," Chris nodded knowing the closet he made would be useful.

"Guy mall?" The newcomers said together.

"Yeah, we once had the same problem as you, but now we don't because we have a guy mall," Jay smiled.

"Yeah, it's overloaded with axe body spray," Danielle commented and then went to change into clothes from the girl mall.

"So you guy's can pick out whatever," I said.

"Cool thanks," The three said and left upstairs.

"Hey you ready for tonight?" Chris asked.

"More or less, I just want to get rehearsal's over with!" He smiled and then left with everyone else.

It was now 8:25 and everyone was finished.

We went to school and found a very mad Paul, "Where have you guys been!"

"Partying," Joe mumbled so only I could hear.

"We tried to get here alone, it didn't work so we called Kristen," Kevin was good at covering things.

"Oh okay, well Kristen rehearsal starts in 20 so boys just make yourselves at home in the auditorium. Oh and Joe Kathleen is looking for you," Paul said then walked away.

"Do you have an invisible cloak?" Joe asked.

"Yes Joe, right along with my wand and owl," I looked at him.

"Really!" Oh gosh, I just looked at him with utter disbelief"I'm kidding,"

I shook my head,"Andrew, I'm leavin you in charge of these guys. I got to go, enjoy the show," I said and then made my way to hair and make-up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
Songs:
"Hello Beautiful," Jonas Brothers