Status: Hey, guys, I'm sorry for the delay. Please read my journal: "Thank God for Mibba" to find out what happened. :/

Sacred Secret

Innocent?

“I already told you I was sleeping,” he replied.

I got angrier. I felt as if he was hiding the truth. “This letter was sent last Tuesday at 11:00pm. The date of this picture where you appear holding a person by the neck it’s at 10:24pm. It is a coincidence? I think not!”

“How the hell did that happen?” he whispered to himself looking at the picture.

“Don’t play dumb, Spyres.”

“I’m not playing dumb,” he said seriously. “Ms… Angeline?"

“Black, Angeline Black,” I said looking at Mr. Spyres seriously in the eye.

“Ang, I don’t think you should give this guy extra information. Remember he’s dangerous,” Robert said.

I didn’t even think that he was dangerous. Well I mean he obviously was very dangerous since he has killed seventeen people, but he looked as if he really didn’t do any type of murdering. He looked like an innocent man. But yet again, they all look innocent at first. They pretend to be nice and when you least expect it…they strike.

“Do you want me to take him back to the observation room or do you want to keep talking to him?” Bob asked.

“You can all go. I want to talk to him for a little while,” I said while taking the file from Mr. Spyres’ lap and placing it in my desk. Then I sat on my desk and crossed my legs, waiting for everyone to leave the room.

Mr. Spyres looked very calm, but I was a nervous wreck. Unfortunately, Mr. Spyres noticed.

“Are you nervous?” he asked. “Trust me, I won’t hurt you.”

“How are you so sure about that, Mr. Spyres?”

“Please, call me Kenneth.”

“Sorry, but I don’t like socializing with criminals.”

“God, how in the world are you guys going to understand?” he questioned. He looked exhausted. “I am not a freaking criminal. I don’t even know what the hell you guys are talking about. I swear! I don’t remember sending you guys any letters.”

He was serious. This time I didn’t think he was telling the truth, I knew he was innocent so, I picked up the phone and called Robert.

“Yes? Did he escape? Did he do something to you? Are you ok? Did you—”

“Robert!” I yelled. “That not what I called you for. He did not escape. He’s still tied up, so he could have not done anything to me. And no, I’m not ok.”

“Why? Why not? What happened? What the hell di--”

“Stop freaking out!” I yelled into the phone again. “Now look, that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about. I…I… I want to close this case,” I whispered.

“What? Angeline, why do you want to close this case? He’s a total crimi—”

“He’s not the guy,” I interrupted him.

“What do you mean like he’s not the guy?”

“Robert,” I said calmly. “I know a criminal when I see one. He’s not the guy,” I said looking at Kenneth as he was looking at me too.

“Before you close the case, put him in a five-day observation, please. I don’t feel convinced just yet.”

“Ok” Was all I could reply.

But before I could hang up, Robert stopped me by saying my name.

“Yes?”

“Sometimes I think you’re too much of a good person to work on this job,” he said laughing.

“I sometimes think so too,” I whispered. “We’ll start now with the observation. Tell the guard to take Mr. Spyres to the room.”

“Am I free?” Mr. Spyres asked jokingly.

“You wish. You’re going to be observed by me, so don’t take this as a joke. I’m here to do my job.” I raised an eyebrow at him.

He gave a huge sigh and then leaned back in the chair.