Sequel: Gone

Move

Truth

Image
I got up from the floor and moved away from Riley. He looked at me as if I was lethal. My face was stuck in shock.

"What is it?" He asked. I shook my head slowly. My eyes stayed widely open. "Alyssa, are you okay? Why do you keep getting these migraines?"

I just stared at him. "It's your brother."

He looked at me as if I was a ghost. "Alyssa, you haven't even met my brother."

I backed up against the wall. Something was happening to me and Riley. Edward was included in it somehow. I didn't know why and I didn't know how. I looked at the door. It was still open.

My hand flung up and move swiftly, closing the door. Riley turned towards the door. "Jesus, Alyssa. Do, you have to do that in here?" I just kept my face the same way. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"Your brother," I said, "has something to do with this. With me."

Riley frowned. "Alyssa, I have faith in my brother. You haven't even met him and you are accusing him of something so terrible and you don't even know what it is."

I kept staring at him. He became harsh. "I don't even know how my brother would be involved with this. He isn't like us, Alyssa. What do you not understand?"

I fought back. "How do you know that we are the only ones? There could be more! There could be hundreds! Thousands! You don't know, Riley! You don't know anything about us!"

Riley shrugged. "Fine." He walked towards the door and left me. I slumped down against the wall. I began sobbing.

Why didn't he believe me? I thought he would understand. He's like me. We didn't know anything about what or who we were. I thought about it. It would be easier if we weren't the only ones. We wouldn't have to share it just between ourselves. We could share with others like us. Possibly others with different powers.

Ann came barging through the door. She came over to the desk and set something down on it. Ann noticed I was crying and came over to me.

"What's wrong?" Ann asked.

"Nothing." I said wiping my tears.

"Okay, I know there isn't anything wrong. Tell me."

I shrugged. "I can't."

She nodded. "Alright, well if it helps, you've received a letter from someone." Ann got up and walked out of the room.

I pulled myself together and stood up. The silver envelope sat on my desk. I've never seen anything that looked like it before. It was almost sparkling. I didn't know if that I just saw it or not but, it was neat.

I picked it up and opened it. In the envelope was a letter that looked normal. There was nothing on the front of it so, I flipped it over to the back. There was a very short message on it.

"If you want to know more about your kind, go to the alley tonight."

That's all it said. There was no signature and there was no telling of who's writing it was. I've never seen it before. I sighed. Was I supposed to go meet a stranger that knew about me or was I supposed to not talk to anyone about it?

I got up from the chair still holding the letter. The clock ticked and I realized it was almost 7:30. I must have been out for a while. Riley probably lied to keep me calm. Now, I wasn't calm and neither was he. I was certain he wouldn't talk to me for a while.

My feet moved me out of my office and all the way to the back alley. What was it about this alley? Why did everyone seem to want to meet in it?

I searched around looking for anyone. My senses spun me around. A man walked out from behind a building's wall. I couldn't see his face. He was wearing a jacket with a hood on it. The hood was over his head. I looked up at the sky and felt the rain come down on my face. I was only in a t-shirt and jeans.

"Are you the man that sent the letter?" I asked him.

He walked forward to me and stopped within five feet. He pulled his hood down. "Yes, I am."

He revealed his face. The mystery man had black hair and stubble on his chin. His eyes were big and they looked almost black.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

He smirked. His smile reminded me of Riley. "I think you know who I am Ms. Greenwood."

I opened my mouth. "Why do you know about me?"

"The question you want answered is in your mind."

I thought for a moment. I almost instantly figured out who he was. It was Edward. "Edward?"

Edward's smile grew. "I'm just like you, Alyssa." I positioned my body in a fighting position. I clenched my fists. "Not, just like you. But, I can move things with my mind and turn into anyone I want."

His skin seemed to be moving. In a second I was staring at me. Edward had transformed into me. The Edward me smiled.

"I know about you and my brother, Alyssa. I also know that you have been thinking about me. I don't like that." The Edward me said as he turned back into himself.

"What do you want?" I asked frustrated and shocked.

"I just wanted to tell you there are more of us. And," He hesitated. "you and my brother are the most powerful of us. But, if it weren't for you two, I would be the most powerful and dangerous." I gasped.

"Trust me, I didn't ask for these powers."

"Yes, but, unfortunately I am the one that gave them to you."

I stared at him wide-eyed. "What?"

"Don't you remember silly girl. The day you got shot. When you healed yourself after you were thrown from a truck." He said.

I looked down at the ground. "You were the man that shot me."

He nodded. "You see," He walked closer to me, "our type can only truly have our powers when we do something to activate the abilities. You for instance. You can heal now. You always had it in you but, you had to make it work."

"If you didn't shoot me, I'd still be normal." I said looking at him with an evil glare.

He shrugged. "You wouldn't be normal, Alyssa. You would still have the powers inside you."

"How did you get your powers, Edward?" I said without truly wanting to know.

He chuckled. "I entered a play once, in high school. I got the role and I turned into the character I played. Now, I can turn into anyone I want. But, when you activate one power, you activate them all."

I sighed and tightened my fists. I was so angry at him. I hated him. "There are others though?"

He nodded. "Just remember, Alyssa. You are the most powerful. There's a company that knows about us. Top secret. They want to find you and my brother and kill you. Then, they'll find all of us and kill all of us. Frankly, I don't care. I can hide wherever I want. The rest of you can suffer."

"You did this to me!" I said as I began to charge at him with my iron fists.