Sequel: Gone

Move

Chances

Image
Riley made me pull my car over. I still wasn't entirely sure what he had planned. He sounded confident though.

I hoped out of the car and walked to Riley's side of the car. He got out.

"Okay look," He said. "can you turn invisible?"

I opened my mouth. "I don't know! I didn't even know I could shoot out fire and electricity!"

"Just try." Riley said encouragingly.

"How?" I asked.

He looked around to make sure no one could see us. We were on the highway though. Anybody who drove by could see us. Luckily, it was four in the morning.

"Just think about it. You think about fire when you use it right?" He said. I nodded. "Okay well, try it."

I stood there thinking about what I'd think about. It made me feel really awkward. Then, I got it. I started thinking about movies that had invisible people. I thought about the Fantastic Four and X-men.

"Alyssa." Riley said.

"What?" I said looking at him.

He opened his mouth. "I think you got it." I looked down at myself. I couldn't see anything.

"Sweet!" I said.

Riley went back to the car and grabbed something out of it. "Are you ready?" He said coming back from the car.

I nodded. "Yes." I said after realizing he couldn't see the nod. Riley came over to me and lifted me into his arms. At first he couldn't figure out where I was.

Riley crouched and jumped into the air. Within seconds, he disappeared too. "Do you still have the guns?" He asked.

"I have a few. But, why do we need them?" I asked. He didn't respond. "I can't see you, you know."

"Sorry," He said. The wind brushed against my cheek. I looked down. We were far away from my car. "But, we do need them just in case."

"Riley, I can shoot flame and electricity out of my hands. And I don't even know if that's all I can do." I said.

I felt him shift. "I meant for me."

"I'll protect you." I said with a smile. I knew he couldn't see it.

"Look down." Riley said seriously. I looked down to see where we were. We were above the construction site.

"Your fast." I said. He didn't say anything. I saw the car that held my friends. My senses told me that there were several men surrounding it. My friends were still out. I knew this because I couldn't hear their heartbeats rapidly beating.

"Do you know what to do?" Riley asked.

"Yes," I said, "I shoot fire at everyone I see as you fly me through the air. Then, I am assuming, you want to go after your brother. You know what that means, don't you?" I stated the plan.

"It means, when I leave you to go after Edward, I will be in plain sight." He said. We were high enough in the air so that no one could hear us. There were still a lot of them left.

"Riley?" I asked. "Why don't you have the powers I have?" This has been bothering me for a while.

He shifted his weight again. "Just because we are the strongest ones, it doesn't mean there can't be a stronger one out of us two."

I looked up at his invisible face. "So, I am the strongest out of everyone like us?"

"Yes." He said. "Are you ready?"

"Yes but, you might want to know something." I said. I scrunched my face even though he couldn't see it.

I felt his neck jerk to look at me even though I wasn't visible. "What?"

I shrugged. "There are about a hundred more of them inside of the construction site."

Riley's head moved again. "When Edward dies, they'll all leave. He's their leader. A mob is useless without the leader."

"But," I said, "won't they just be angrier?"

I heard him chuckle. "If they just get angrier, we have more of an advantage to kill them all. They'll either run away or fight us. If they fight us then we have the better chance so, we will win either way."

"Edward is the key then." I stated.

He moved his body horizontally. I was facing the ground. My stomach was facing down. I felt Riley's grip at my waist. "Ready?" He asked.

"Let's do this." I said.

Riley swooped down to the construction site. We hoovered there for a second. I snapped my fingers and fire came out. The people below looked up and saw the hoovering flame. They started jumping at us.

I blew the flame on my fingers and the fire went onto all of them. I kept blowing as the vicious people came jumping at us. They all kept jumping trying to find where it was coming from. The fire grew and spread from one person to another. There were people squirming on the ground trying to stop the flame.

Riley brought us down lower. I blew flame on more of them. I looked up and saw more of them coming out of the building that was under construction.

An icicle came flying at us and I instantly melted it with my flame. I started thinking about electricity. I shot a lightning bolt at a group of jumpers and they immediately fell to the ground.

Riley tightened his grip. I heard his voice in my head. "Here we go." He was inside my head. I stopped shooting at people and Riley went down to the ground. He set me down and he touched me with one finger tip.

We walked silently around all of the super people trying to find Edward. I brushed against a man with a beard. He must not have noticed because he didn't react. Riley wrapped his arm around my waist guiding me. We kept walking towards my car. The people around us kept looking up at the sky waiting for another bolt to come at them. That wasn't going to happen until we found Edward.

There were so many of them. All of them smelled terrible and the look on their faces were grimacing. The first reaction of meeting them as a person would probably be to think how scary they do look.

I spotted my car just a few people away. We walked towards it knowing Edward would be there. I also had a plan of my own.

We got out of the crowd of people and found Edward talking to a man next to the car. Riley pushed me forward, closer to Edward. He stopped me within ten feet of Edward. I felt his grip loosen and he once again held me with one finger. Riley's body brushed past mine and he let go of me.

Riley was visible again and he walked with a stride towards his brother. I stood there watching as Edward stopped talking to the man and turned to his brother. He had a crooked smile on his face. I watched with fear.

Riley stopped walking and stood in front of his brother. "How'd you get here, brother?" Edward said.

I moved away from them and went to the opposite side of the car. I crouched down to the ground and looked through the window at Riley. He was standing still as his brother was talking to him. I didn't want to listen.

Ann was next to the door that I was next to. I touched the car door and heard what was happening in there. There was a dart in each of their necks. Great, so they were tranquilized. I looked behind me. There was a tall man in a black suit staring forward at the many people who now were looking at their leader and Riley.

I wondered how I was going to get my friends out before I would be noticed. The door was locked and I had no idea what to do.

Riley came back into my head. I looked back at him through the window. "Alyssa, I know you are by the car. Try to put your hand through the door and unlock it. Then, I'll attack him and you go!" He wasn't moving his lips at all. That's how I knew it was in my head.

I started thinking about walking through walls. I thought about Peter Petrelli and D.L. Hawkins from HEROES. I inched my hand carefully towards the door. If this didn't work, it would make a noise.

My hand touched the door and I gently pushed. I felt my hand go through. I widened my eyes knowing no one would see me. I moved my arm up through the car door and touched the lock. I grasped it and slowly pulled it up. It unlocked.

I looked back at Riley through the window. An idea flashed through my mind. No one else was in the car. How was I supposed to get them out of here?

I pulled my arm out of the car door. I silently moved towards the front door. I thought more about walking through things. I pushed my arm through the front door. My body pushed me forward. I walked through the car and went to the drivers seat. The car was softly humming. It was already on.

My eyes turned towards Riley. I noticed his fists were clenched. His eyes drew to the car. He looked back at Edward. Riley's lips started moving. Then he charged. They both slammed into each other and I turned my head. Everyone around the car ran to Edward's side.

I turned the car in reverse and sped away from Riley and the hungry people around him.