Sequel: Gone

Move

Finished

Image
I drove away from the construction site before any of them could get to me. I got back on the highway. I looked back at my three friends. As soon as I would get them out, they would wake up and I could get back to Riley. Riley's plan wasn't exactly what I wanted to do. He wanted me to get out of there before I could see anything. I didn't know what I would see. If I stayed Riley and I could have killed all of them.

The car sped up faster as I pushed harder on the pedal. I stared straight ahead passing every car that got in my way. I had to get to my own car, put my friends in it, and park it somewhere so that no one could find it.

I stared blankly at the road. I turned visible realizing I was still invisible. No wonder people would take a second glance at me.

My car came into view and I drove up to it. I got out of the car and went to the back to get my friends out. I pulled Diane out first. I flipped her over my shoulder and put her in my car. I did the same first with Bria and then with Ann.

I left Edward's car parked on the side of the road. I hopped into my own car and drove down the highway onto the road to the beach. No one was there so, I parked my car on the shore. I got out and checked to make sure my friends were still unconscious. They were. It would be easier if they didn't wake up and start to ask questions.

I walked off of the beach and ran. I ran faster than I ever have before. My feet pushed me faster than anything on Earth. I was moving just as Edward said. Fast. I looked around me and noticed I was already close to the construction site.

My feet barely touched the ground. I clenched my fists. I was going to kill Edward if Riley hadn't. He made me this. I was going to make him pay.

I entered the site and plowed through people. They flew over my head. I heard snapping bones as I ran through them. They hit me as if I was an iron wall. I ran all the way to the end of the people and flung myself at Edward. I gave a loud roar from deep inside of my chest.

My fist plummeted down on his face. I hit him repetitively without stopping. My jaw was tight. I didn't even realize the pain coming from my knuckles. I thought of fire and I blew the fire from my fingertips onto his face. He grabbed his face and moaned in agony.

I thought of electricity and clasped my hands together. The anger in me rushed through my body and shot out of my hands as lightning bolts. I watched Edward's body cripple in pain. The bolt ran through his entire body and he seemed to glow. I forced more volts into his body and he let out a wailing scream. I've never heard anything like it.

My hands fell to my sides. I watched him as blood came pouring out of his mouth. His hair was standing straight up and it was burnt black. I gasped for air. Edward's body fell to the ground. His eyes looked up at me.

"Life...has...it's...ways." He mumbled. I looked up from his as he gave his last breath. It really was his last breath.

My body twisted around remembering the hundreds of people behind me. I looked at them with an evil glare in my eyes. They all backed up. Some of them ran away. I shot a bolt of lightning at a group of them and they all ran away. The group I shot at fell to the ground.

I searched for Riley. "Riley!" I yelled.

The people disappeared and I was left alone with bodies laying on the ground. My eyes darted back and forth for him. I remembered his sweet aroma and began searching for it. I followed the scent behind a construction pole and found his body laying there. I rushed over to him.

"Riley." I said shaking his limp body. "Riley! Get up!" Tears started flowing my from my eyes. Each of them dropped on him. "Riley." His head was bent in an awkward position. His arm had a huge gash in it.

I stared at him. The tears stopped. This was my fault. I left him. This was his idea though.

Riley's arm twitched and I stared down at him with excitement. He began coughing. His beautiful brown eyes opened and he looked up at me with concern.

"It's all over." I said with a smirk. He leaned up and hugged me. Riley's breath still smelled good even though he was covered in blood. I looked at my arm as we held each other and it too had a huge gash.

"Is he..." Riley began. I nodded. He smiled. "I'm so sorry."

I frowned. "Why are you sorry?"

He frowned too. "I'm sorry that I fell unconscious and you thought I was dead. It's like the usual action story." I smiled. Riley smiled too.

I stood up. His hand grabbed for mine and I helped him up. Riley brushed his black shirt off. I noticed I still had the body armor on. The guns were still in the holsters.

"You didn't take your shirt off I see." I said.

"That's because I didn't sweat." He said.

I looked back at him. "That's because I did all of the work, right?" I said with a grin. He looked up at me. He shrugged.

"I flew you here." He said. I smiled.

"Yes, but, I blew fire, shot electric bolts, saved my friends, turned us invisible, ran all the way here to save you, and killed the enemy." I said still with a smile. Riley laughed. I laughed too.

Riley came up next to me and walked by my side. We began walking around all of the bodies. I knew where Riley was leading us. He wanted to see his brother.

We came up to his body before we left the site. Edward's eyes were still open. Riley stood over him and frowned.

"He was right you know. About two things." Riley said without looking at me.

I stayed my distance from the body. It made me feel guilty. "What two things?" I asked.

"Life does have it ways." He said. Riley turned to me. "And that you do move faster than anything." I smiled a little.

"Moving isn't exactly my talent." I said.

He opened his mouth in disgust. "You can move things with your mind and you can run faster than anyone."

"Anything." I corrected. He smiled. I looked up at the sunrise. Fighting in the dark felt normal but, at four in the morning I was really tired.

Riley looked at his brother and then turned to me. "Ready to go home?"

I shrugged. "As long as you'll be there to protect me."

He walked over to me with a grin on his face. "Forever and ever." He frowned. "Although I don't think you'll need it." I smiled. Riley's wonderful grin spread across his face.

Riley picked me up and held me in his arms. "We have to go get Ann, Diane, and Bria still." I said remembering.

He smiled. "I'll go get them. But, first," He said crouching down, "I'm going to bring you home to sleep." Riley jumped into the air and we flew over the city that was being lit by the rising sun.