Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

Austin's house.

As we pulled up to the house I once called my home, it got silent. I hated how this made me feel, especially with Robert here. I felt sad that Austin was a vegetable, but standing next to Rob, it didn’t feel all that bad. It was just eerie walking into this house. I took out my key and shoved it into the lock. Before I could get it open though, Frank, our neighbor called from the lawn.

“Hey guys, it’s about time you two came back. It’s been awful lonely.” he smiled. I turned around.

“Oh hey Frankie!” I greeted as he came up to the porch.

“Where’s Austin?” he asked, obviously confused by the situation. I couldn’t blame him. He walked up to Rob and stuck his hand out. I loved Frank, he was such a good neighbor; such a great man.

“Uh, Frank, this is a friend of mine named Robert. Rob, this is my neighbor, Frank.” I introduced.

“How do you do?” Rob asked, firmly shaking his hand.

“I’m great, and yourself?”

“I’m fantastic, thank you.” Rob answered. Frank looked around confused, “Where is Austin?” he asked.

“He’s at Memorial Hospital.”

“What?” he asked in shock, “Why?”

“He was hit off the road the other day just before the wedding. He’s in acoma and they aren’t sure if he’s gong to come out of it.” I said calmly.

“Oh, sweetie I’m so sorry for your loss.” he said, hugging me, “He’s a good guy. I have faith that he’ll come around.”

“Thanks Frankie.” I said, giving him a hug.

“So, are you avoiding me or what? I haven’t seen your pretty little face around here for a while.”

I laughed. Frank was a great guy. After Austin insisted on my moving in with him, Frank and his wife came around a lot and bake us cookies or help me with the yard work.

“I would never avoid you. It’s this house I’m avoiding. You see, I didn’t know Austin was hurt until today. On Thursday I thought he just didn’t bother showing up. I haven’t been here since then.” I explained.

“Have you got a place to stay?” he asked, eyeing Robert.

“Yeah.” I smiled, “Kendra, Lorri and Jess are letting me crash at their house.”

He nodded, “Ok, good, but you’re always welcome with Gretchen and I.” he smiled.

“Thank you so much.” I said.

“Any time, Brooke, you know that.” he said, walking away. I turned and unlocked the door.

“Are you okay, Rob? You’re really quiet.” I asked, walking through the hallway. He walked silently behind me, looking very thoughtful. As we continued to walk, both of our eyes met on a picture of Austin and I. It was taken back when we were seventeen. School was canceled for the entire week due to snow, so Austin came to my house and made me play in the snow with him. After I threw a snowball at him, he chased me down the street, into a field of untouched snow. Of course I tripped and fell and he came crashing down on top of me. That was the picture; our moment of connection.

I snapped out of my flashback and into reality. Rob was intently staring at it.

Awkward

I opened my mouth to say something, but Rob started before me.

“Nice place.”

“Uh, thanks.” I said, not knowing what else to say, “So, uh, I’m going upstairs to get some of my things. You’re welcome to stay down here or come up with me.

“Do you want me to come up with you?” he asked. I sat there thinking about it.

“I’ll be right down.” I said, jogging up the stairs. With each step, more anxiety came. By the top I was crying hysterically.

“Rob!” I called, my voice cracking. I sat down on the stairs and put my head on my knees. I heard Rob run up the stairs.

“Brooke!” he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around what he could, “Shh, it’s okay. Stop crying.” he whispered. For some reason, I couldn’t. The tears only came faster. All of a sudden I was heaved into the air. Rob was carrying me to my bedroom, and I couldn’t stop crying. He sat on the bed with me on his lap like a little ball. A moment passed and I heard a humming noise. It took me a minute to realize what it was. Rob was humming to me. Soon his mumbles became words.

the same old you
Head on fast, but it came on easy
Now I won't be gone for long, at least I'm going [home]
[I'm here for you], now you know what you lost
Now you are the thieves that you pardoned
Search for need, it'll never come
Now you have fallen
There's more for their own now
Sometimes I need a focus, I need a reason
So, so long

Stray dog
You're only
Joker no, joker no more

Oh to each their own
When you can call on your mind
It's a crime to hold back the tears sometime
And, wasted wasted, all before
You forget what you came here for
And, you need to see the signs
And, you need to stop wasting time
And, start to save that stolen
Story that you heard before.
And I waited for you, but you're long gone

Stray dog
You're only, only a stray,
Joker no, joker no more
Yeah, stray dog
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. I've been busy.. cough cough