Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Interval

He was driving a little furiously. His knuckles were white against the steering wheel. You asked him to slow down, because you felt like you were about to throw up.

He looked to you and weakly smiled, "I'm sorry, love. I'm not even paying attention that I have precious cargo in the car." He rubbed your head, then trailed down the front of your body and stopped at your stomach, indicating he meant you were the special "cargo".

The car immediately ceases speed and is going at a relaxing 30mph. You felt more at ease and could sink into the cool leather seats and take a nap...

You felt a pair of lips lightly kiss your forehead, softly calling out your name. You moves to your side, and the voice was still softly calling your name. You opened your eyes to see who was talking, and you saw those emerald eyes.

"Good afternoon, beautiful," he cooed, kissing your forehead again.

You stretched, and noticed you weren't on a leather chair. You were back in your bed. Was that whole thing a dream? Did you never really go to the doctor? Were you never told you werepregnant?

"Honey," he asked while placing his cool hand on your forehead, "are you okay? You seem tense. Do you need anything?"

You decide to ask him if it was all true, because waiting was going to get you no where. He looked concerned, and that still gave no hint if it was a dream of not.

"Roxy, are you feeling okay?"

You told him you felt fine, just the usual feeling of throwing up. "Do you not remember going to the doctor?"

You tell him you do, but you thought it was a dream. He looked confused whether or not to laugh at your confusion. He settled on smiling. "Well, you fell asleep on the car ride home while I was going to the drug store. When we got home, you looked so peaceful I couldn't bear to wake you. So, since your so tiny, I just carried you to your bed and made you a nice lunch since you're going to need the appetite."

He was so caring, and you never felt so pampered then when you were with him. Your stomach growled slightly, wanting food. He heard it and held his hand out to help you up. When he did so, you felt your stomach come up through your throat. You quickly grabbed a trashcan next to your bed and threw up, again. You ask him where the pregnancy tests were. His eyes weakly smiled, and he said he would go get them.

You listened to his footsteps on the hard wood floor as the left your room. You felt alone in that moment, even though you knew he was going to return in moments. You wondered why he was still here with you. He could leave right now and never come back if he wanted to. No one would ever know this was his child, not even the child. You could never ruin his career like that, and he would never tell anyone he had a child with someone else.

Your child would be alone without him in your lives.

Sure enough,though, he returned with three different boxes. "I got the three best ones I could find. I hope you have to pee," he chuckled.

You laughed as he helped you to the bathroom. You heart was racing at the suspense of this. You finally made it to the toilet and sat yourself down on the seat. You took all three tests out of the boxes and lined them up so you could get to them all quickly. Good thing you had to pee bad; it made the process fly by.

You looked at all three boxes, and they said to had to wait at least three minutes. And it was going to be the longest wait in your entire life.

You heard a faint knock at the door. "Rox, you okay babe?"

You told him you were and you'd be out in a few minutes. "Okay. Tré and Mike are on their way. They want to know the results too."

You froze. They both knew? You thought mike was the only one of the two that did. Too many people are finding out. What if Adrienne discovers everyone is at your house to find out if the man she loves is having a child with another woman-her friend?

It's only been a minute and a half and there was an audience waiting fro the results just like you were. In a minute and a half you could discover if you were carrying a child. In a minute and a half you could find out if you had so much explaining to do to so many people. In a minute and a half you could loose a friend. In a minute and a half you could gain a full time love, or a disappearing one.

In a minute and a half you life could change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all these great comments!