Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Unfaithful

"She just has been frustrating me more and more as each day goes on," his emerald eyes look down at his hands, the fingers intertwined with each other.

"She's growing more and more suspicious. Not on your half sweetheart," he grabs your hand to reassure your worried face. "She has to know by now I haven't been-"

He clears his throat for almost five minutes. He looks nervous, his hand against yours is becoming sweaty. You've never seen him like this. His eyes are fixed at the floor, he can't even bear to look at you. Then, in a faint small voice he mutters the ending to his sentence.

"Unfaithful."

Your heart sinks. Is he ashamed of you? Does he regret this all now? You're having a child with this man and he's still uptight at admitting he's been with another woman besides his wife? You release your hand from him and look at the floor as he begins to look at you. You feel his hand, less sweaty now, touch the bottom of your chin and move it so you were both looking into each others eyes.

You begin wondering about you child. Will she have your hazel eyes or his green? Will she have a wonderful musical ability or sing beautiful like her father? Will she like to go shopping with you? Will she get along with her half brothers, Joe and Jake? Will she even be able to know they are her half siblings?

"Roxana," he softly says. He must be worried his frantic wife upstairs may hear, and you were worried too. "You are the best thing that has happened to me. You've shown me a new way of life. You've made me not so stressed out about things, I'm happier now. And that's what Adie is seeing."

He always has this power. Like he can sense what you are feeling and reassure you to prove you mean more to him than his wife. Though it makes you feel selfish and horrible, you like knowing you mean more to him than Adrienne ever will.

"She's seeing my new upbeat spirit," he continues. "She's been asking ever since I found out we were having a baby where this attitude came from."

Your heart skips a beat. He said we. Not just that you were having a child. He makes it known that you aren't along in this situation. He makes it known that is with you through thick and thin. He makes it known he never wants to leave, that he means forever. He just makes you think he's falling in love with you more and more every day you see those beautiful green eyes.

You place a hand on his cheek. He smiles as you smile back to him. Neither of you speak one word. No noises are said, no motions are made. All you two do is stare into each other's eyes.

"Roxana Phillips," he softly speaks, "I am so lucky to have saw you at that bar that night. If I never saw you then, I don't think I could eve be as happy as I am today."

You feel your cheeks getting hot again. He remembered the night you two met.

You stare deep into his eyes, drowning in an emerald pool. You tell him how you are the best thing that has ever happened to him. How he's opened your eyes and shown yourself what love really is. How he is the only person you can truly believe care about your feelings. How he makes you feel beautiful no matter what you look like.

How he is your everything and couldn't imagine your life without him.

He cups your face in his roughly calloused hands. He's smiling, and soft wrinkles of slight aging form in the corners of his beautiful eyes.

"I've been waiting to hear that my entire life," he breathes.

He locks you into a kiss, and it feels as though fireworks were everywhere around you. He was perfect in every way possible. You knew you didn't want to be with anyone else but him. You two were mean to be. You were meant to meet him that night. You were meant to get mesmerized by his brilliant green eyes. You were meant to have this child with him.

You were soul mates.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!