More Than You Know

Chapter 5

I got up from the confines of Michael’s arms and stood up, massaging a cramp in my back no doubt obtained from “sleeping” on the middle of the poorly carpeted floor. I smiled inwardly to myself at the vision of Michael laying on the ground with a white sheet covering from his hips down and slipped my jeans on to go in the kitchen and cook breakfast.

“You really do prefer one night stands don’t you?” He mumbled sleepily through half closed eyes.

“What exactly do you mean by that?” I asked in a tone softer then originally intended as I watched him wrap the sheet carefully around his waist.

“Well,” He began pulling on some boxers and pants on underneath the sheet, “You said before that you don’t like relationships. Yet you let me come over to my house, seduced me on the floor of an empty bedroom in your apartment and now you're leaving.” He said barely concealing a half smile.

“For your information, I was going to cook breakfast. And then we have to go look at a house for you.” I said walking up behind him.

The close vincinity of our skin nearly touching, made me acutely aware of how soft his skin is, his hair. Visions from last night flooded my mind like a dam had been opened and I had to swallow before I did anything that we didn’t have time for at the moment. It would have to wait until later.

“For your information, Chef Beckett,” he said turning around to face me, “It’s illegal in whatever state we are in to cook with an extreme case of sex hair.” He said softly as he wrapped his arms around my waste and planted kisses along my collarbone.

“Well then what the hell are we gonna do? Go to McDonalds?” I asked sarcastically as I broke free to find a shirt.

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

We got dressed and drove the mile or so to the nearest McDonalds to get some breakfast.

standing in the line, Michael giggled nervously and stepped closer to my back, running his hands up his neck.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked turning around.

"I'll tell you later, just get up there and order the food, i'm gonna go sit down, and your holding up the line." He said nudging me toward the counter.

The girl at the register was a short,spritely girl who was obvioiusly working her first job and had just gotten hired working said job. I wont put too much description into her physical appearance because most likely, I will never see her again in the duration of our lives.

Michael never told me what he wanted. I realized as I stepped up to the register.

The girl's large brown eyes went from my face and stopped at my neck where she gawked awkwardly throughout my whole order so that I had to check more than once that she had my order correct down to the T, Whatever that means.

"Why didnt you tell me that hickies on my neck were the reason that you were laughing nervously? I think the girl at the counter just lost her innocence because she was staring at the man made bruises on my neck. What are you an octopus?" I asked setting the tray down in front of him while fiercly wishing the weather was really cold so that i would have an excuse to wear my turtle neck instead a v-neck.

"You didnt ask." He shrugged, taking a bite out of his hash-brown.

Amazing.

"So let me get this right, you just let me embarrass myself by ordering breakfast at McDonalds with huge hickies on my neck because i didnt ask?" I demanded more than asked as he chewed happily on his breakfast.

"Yeah, that sounds about right, stop overreacting, you're probably not even gonna see any of these people anymore."

I pouted inwardly, making a mental note that I was gonna have to find a way to match Mr.Michael Guy Chislett in wits or this was gonna be a long stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter had a pitiful amount of comments. And it was doing so well! Come on guys, dont get me all excited about a story and then just abandon me!!!
xoxo,
Emily