Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

Sorry?

Gerard's POV

Once she left, I slammed my fist on the table. This was all just total bull. And I hated it. I'm usually a nice guy, but Sydri, she just pisses me off. I sighed, letting what just happened sink in.

And trust me, it sank in. Nicole would never like me back, I am judging Sydri, the only reason I hate her is because of Nicola but Sydri was judging me, too. But all her accusations were right. Mine were probably all wrong.

I sighed again. This totally sucks. I got up and decided to just go back to the cafeteria. I hoped Mr. Warlock wouldn't see me, but Sydri probably already told him what happened, and I'll get in more trouble for making her upset... again.

I walked in the cafeteria and nobody noticed me, so I sat down next to Frank. He nodded and smiled, as did everyone else except Mikey who, of course, wasn't sitting with us. Or, me, more like it. He was sitting with Sydri, and she didn't seem so upset. But maybe that's because she was with Mikey. The better Way.

"So...," Frank said, making as all look at him. "You and Sydri. Y'all don't seem to be the best of friends." Everyone nodded in agreement and I sighed.

"Yes, okay? I know," I muttered. I glanced back at her and she was smiling at Mikey.

"Well, why?" Frank pressed.

I groaned. "I don't know! I just don't like her!"

"So that gives you the right to hit her?" Frank kept questioning, obviously on her side.

"No!"

"Then why did--" he began, but I sighed angrily, telling him to shut the fuck up.

"I don't know why, okay? Just... stop."

Frank licked his lips but stopped. I glanced back at Sydri, who was looking at me, too. Her eyes held amusement, but sorrow at the same time. She must've known that Frank was obviously on her side. Just like everyone else.

--

After lunch, Sydri was at her locker putting things up and getting things out. I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder, causing her to turn around and roll her eyes. I kept from rolling mine, too.

"Listen, Sydri," I began, but it didn't seem like she was listening. "Okay, I'd feel a lot better if you actually look at me." She reluctantly turned around.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." Not really. "Let's just start over. We don't have to be friends, but we don't have to hate each other." I raised my eyebrows, but she turned around and shrugged.

"I'll think about it."

"What? This isn't something someone should think about! It's a yes or no question!" I tried to stay calm, but that didn't seem to be working out very well.

She turned to face me again and looked me in the eyes. I had an intake of breath. She had beautiful emerald green eyes. "I'll think about it," she repeated.

I shrugged, not able to look away from her eyes. "Fine," I replied.

She blinked, turned, and walked away just as the two minute warning bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short one, but I have major writers' block... >.<
But, I am on chapter twenty! This is now the farthest I've ever been on a fanfiction. XD No joke, right there.
Comment?
Subscribe?
Pwetty pwease? *bats eyelashes* XD