Heartaches Grow a Little Bit Stronger

I'm Not Mad ... Just Upset

Feeling Kyle shift his position, I moaned softly and then bit my lip, preventing any more sounds from escaping my mouth as wave after wave of pleasure washed over me. All the while, I felt Kyle's lips traveling anywhere from my cheek to my bare chest, kissing me gently as he continued his motions, bringing him closer to his own climax. Within a matter of minutes, I felt Kyle's grip on my hips tighten, and his motions sped up a little before a quiet gasp escaped his own lips.

Muttering a few incoherent words under his breath as he came down off his orgasm, he held my body close to his, not wanting to let me go any time soon. Silently, I ran my hands over his back that was a little sticky from the sweat that had collected on his skin, and then sighed softly.

"That was fun." Kyle mumbled against my neck.

"As much fun as can be had on small, uncomfortable loveseat." I added quietly.

Kyle laughed softly and then sat up a little to give me a loving kiss. When he had enough of the kiss, he broke the kiss, and then carefully pulled away from my body. A small moan escaped my lips at the sensation of him sliding out of me, which caused a satisfied smirk to pull across Kyle's lips.

He leaned over, kissing my cheek quickly. "I love you." He mumbled before he straightened himself up, and gathered his clothes from the floor.

"Love you too." I whispered softly as I watched him.

Letting my eyes scan over his slim, naked figure, I couldn't help but smile to myself when I thought about how I would finally be able to call him mine within a few hours time. Kyle pulled on his boxers, then his pants, before he turned around locking his gaze with mine as if he felt my watching him.

"You should get dressed," he whispered, "I think someone else is up already."

My eyes widening slightly, I quickly sat up and gathered my clothes, pulling them on as fast as I could. Running my fingers through my hair to straighten it out some, I got up and joined Kyle, who was now completely dressed. Kissing me one last time, Kyle sighed softly and then opened the door, letting me out of the backroom first before he followed.

Slowly, I crept to the front of the bus and then peaked into the front lounge only to see Caleb sitting at the small table, eating a bowl of cereal. Spotting me, he gave me a little smile and then waved me over, inviting me to have breakfast with him. Quickly glancing over my shoulder, I saw that Kyle had either disappeared into his bunk, or the bathroom, so I decided to accept Caleb's invitation.

"Good morning." I greeted him as I sat down.

He studied me with his brown eyes momentarily before he replied, "morning."

I grabbed a clean bowl and poured some Lucky Charms into it.

"Another hour and we'll be home." Caleb told me as I poured some milk into my bowl.

"Yeah?" I grinned.

Caleb chewed what food he had in his mouth, and nodded his head.

"I'm happy to be home." I admitted. "Tour was fun, but I miss home."

"Kyle's going to talk to Madison today?" Caleb asked in a soft whisper.

"Yes." I mumbled. "He's going to tell her today." I took a chance and glanced up at Caleb, to find him with his eyes focused on his cereal in front of him. As I continued to watch him, he sighed quietly and then looked up to meet my gaze.

"That's good." He whispered with a soft smile that had to have been forced. "You two can finally be together."

Before I had a chance to reply, Caleb finished the rest of his cereal in one bite, and then got up, putting his bowl in the sink before he disappeared to the back of the bus. Staring at the spot he had been sitting at seconds before, I felt wave of guilt wash over me. Eating the rest of my cereal in silence, I got up and brought it to the sink. After I washed my bowl and Caleb's bowl, I went and sat down on the couch with just my book to keep me company.

One by one, I was joined by the rest of the guys, all of whom were expressing their excitement about finally going home. The last person to join us was Kyle; Caleb didn't even bother to come back out to the front, but rather remained in the back of the bus.

Time passed quickly enough, and before I knew it, Kyle was helping me and Tomas pack our things into my apartment. While Tomas disappeared into the spare room to put his things away, Kyle followed me into my room. As soon as he set my things on my bed, he wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly as he gave me yet another loving kiss.

When he pulled away, he ran his fingers through my hair and gave me a cute smile. "Today," he told me, "I'm going to come back over and I'm going to ask you to be my girlfriend." He insisted. He paused for a few seconds to bring my hands up, and kiss the back of them both before he added, "and you'd better say yes."

I laughed softly and then wrapped my arms around his middle, giving him another hug before I pulled away.

"Hurry back, Burns." I smiled. "Don't keep me waiting up for you."

"I'll come back as soon as I can." He grinned.

Squeezing my hands tightly, he flashed me another smile and then let go of me, disappearing from my room and into the hallway. Sitting down on my bed, I listened as the front door closed, indicating that Kyle had left, and smiled to myself. After tonight, Kyle and I wouldn't have to keep our relationship a secret any longer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Taking a deep breath, I let it out slowly and reached up, knocking on the door of Madison's apartment. After a few seconds, I heard footsteps approaching from the other side, and then my soon to be ex-fiancé's face came into view. I opened up my mouth to say the dreaded words 'we need to talk' but I stopped myself short when I saw the scared expression already on her face.

"Kyle, I was just trying to get a hold of you." She whispered as she flung her arms around me.

"Madison," I mumbled as I pushed her away slightly to look at her, "what's wrong?"

"My auntie is sick." She cried softly, "I need you to go with me to San Antonio to see her."

"Shh," I cooed, "what happened? Is it pneumonia? Is it an infection? What is it?"

"She got sent to the hospital and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia." Madison whispered.

Knowing that walking pneumonia was a hell of a lot more serious than just pneumonia, I nodded my head slowly and then reached up, wiping away her tears. Having a mental battle with myself, I swore internally, knowing that I couldn't possibly break up with Madison today, not when her aunt's health was at serious risk. Madison was close with her aunt, and I know that at that moment she was scared to death of losing her. I had to wait until her aunt was in the clear before I broke up with Madison.

"Alright," I mumbled, "I didn't unpack anything yet, so I'm ready to go." I said. "Do you have your things together already?"

Madison sniffed slightly and then shook her head. "I didn't know what time you would get here." She whispered.

"Okay," I said gently, rubbing her back for comfort, "get your things together; I have a couple of things I have to take care of before we leave. Everything will be alright, Madison." Of course I was speaking just of her aunt; there was no way Madison would suspect that things between us were about to end.

Madison nodded her head as she wiped some more tears away. I made a move to turn away, but she caught my hand in hers, pulling me back to her. "Can I get a kiss before you go?" She whispered. "I haven't seen you for two months."

Gazing down at her, I knew that I wouldn't be able to kiss her like she wanted me to, so instead I leaned over and kissed her cheek quickly. I pulled out of her grasp and away from her before she had a chance to stop me, and was on my way back to Alyssa's house within a minute. The whole ride to her place, I uttered loud swear words, upset with myself. I had promised Alyssa that as soon as we got home I would break up with Alyssa.

Alyssa was expecting that the next time we saw each other it would be when I was asking her to be my girlfriend. But no, that wasn't the case. I was still upset with myself by the time I pulled into the parking lot of Alyssa's apartment complex, but I did my best to toss aside my self frustrations and made my way to her apartment.

When I got to her door, I took a few seconds to stand outside and clear my anger before I reached up and knocked on the door. I frowned at the door mat while trying to think of an explanation for Alyssa, but didn't have enough time. The door soon opened, and Alyssa stood before me, staring up at me in surprise.

"Oh, hey Kyle." She said, her surprised expression breaking out into a happy smile. "I didn't expect you back until tonight."

Giving her a soft, apologetic smile, I reached up and ran my fingers through her hair before resting my hand on her cheek. Almost instantly, the fresh memory of us and the sexual acts we had performed just that morning ran through my mind. I licked my lips and then swallowed slightly before I opened my mouth to speak.

"Madison needs me to go to San Antonio with her." I mumbled. "Her aunt is sick with walking pneumonia and Madison wants me there."

Alyssa's smile never faltered, but the light shining in her bright eyes went out as she stared up at me. "Oh," she said offhandedly, "how long with you guys be over there?"

I shrugged my shoulders, and then sighed heavily. "As soon as we get word that her aunt will be okay, I'll talk to her, Alyssa. I swear."

Alyssa nodded her head and then pulled away from my touch. "You'd better get going then." She whispered. "You have a drive ahead of you."

"Alyssa, I'm sorry." I whispered, reaching out to her again but she backed away. "Alyssa, please don't be mad at me, sweetheart."

"I'm not mad, Kyle." She mumbled as the smile finally disappeared from her face. She sniffed slightly, and I felt my heart drop when I saw the unmistakable glint of tears forming in her eyes. "I'm just upset." She whispered. "I've been waiting all summer for this day to come, and when it finally does you have to run off and take care of her for a little while longer."

"I'm sorry." I repeated. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

Alyssa nodded her head in understanding before she stepped back into her apartment. "Go Kyle," she whispered, "go make sure Madison's aunt will be alright." She made a move to shut the door, but I held a hand up, preventing it from closing in my face. Sighing quietly, I pushed it back open and leaned over, kissing Alyssa's lips.

"I love you." I mumbled as I pulled away.

"I love you too, Kyle." She whispered before she closed the door softly.

Taking a deep breath, I let it out slowly and ran a hand tiredly across my face. Sometimes I wished that I had just a little less heart; because if that were the case, I'd have broken up with Madison a long time ago, and instead of driving off to San Antonio with her today, I would be spending the day with Alyssa.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's the drug that I need, tell me why should I leave? She's no angel but she's saving me

Rawr

<333