What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 7*

The next mourning was the same routine. I almost missed the bus and climbed inside. Frank was already on and was towards the back.

I made my way and sat next to him. Without exchanging a word. I pulled my MP3 player out and started to listen to it.

I sunked low in my set and Frank kept looking down at me. Then would look away when I made a move.

He sighed and looked out the window. I sat up and kept looking at my MP3 player the whole time to school. It was a very awkward moment.

When the bus turned the corner and parked. We got off and walked to first block together. We set across from each other. He hasn’t said a word all mourning. I couldn’t help but wonder why.

The rest of the day went on like this. Until towards the end of Gym.

“Hey?”

I looked up from my notebook and towards him.

“What are you doing after school?”; He asked.

“Nothing…why?”

“Because...I was wondering if you would maybe like to hang out?”

“Sure.” I said, slightly smiling.

“Cool, we could watch that movie you were talking about. If you want?”

“Yeah, sure.”

He smiled and the bell rung to go home. We got on the bus and talked about really nothing at all on the way to my house.

When we got to my bus stop. We both got off and he followed me up the driveway to the house.