Never The Same

I've Got No Place to Go.

“Jessie!” Ayden exclaimed, running to the girl walking beside Max, hugging her. “If you ever do that again, I’ll hurt you,” Ayden scolded, pointing her forefinger into Jessica’s nose. “I’ll hurt you really bad.”

“Better listen to her,” Ivee smiled. “She’s fucking crazy!” everyone laughed, nodding, even Ayden.

“I’ll listen, and, Ayden, I promise I’ll never do that again,” Jessie smiled, holding her hand up, thrusting her pinkie out. “Pinkie promise?”

Everyone stood stunned except Ayden. “You really were destined to be my best friend!” Ayden returned her smile, intertwining her pinkie with Jessie’s.

“Why is that?”

“No one else does pinkie swears!”

“Are you serious?” Jessica shot a playful glare to everyone in the room. “Well, that’s just ridiculous.”

“No! What’s ridiculous is the fact that you still do this,” Ronnie laughed, standing behind the microphone in the middle of the room, as everyone else began to set up, Ayden going to sit on Craig’s lap.

“You’re just jealous, it’s that simple,” Jessica huffed, sitting on the floor in front of the couch placed in the basement.

“Yeah, sure, whatever you say, Ducky,” Max winked, plucking quietly at his bass.

“Pfft,” she scoffed. “He can’t admit when a woman is right,” Jessica giggled to Ayden, causing Max to playfully glare in her direction. “Don’t look at me like that,” Jessie smiled, sticking her tongue out, Max rolled his eyes; even though other thoughts were drifting through his mind.

“Any requests?” Ronnie asked, breaking Max out of his dirty daydream.

“I know, I know!” Max yelled, jumping up down.

“Yes?”

“Jessie wants to hear There’s No Sympathy for the Dead!” Max grinned.

Jessica laughed, rolling her eyes, but nonetheless nodded her head. “It’s my favorite,” she grinned, holding her hands up, almost parallel with her shoulders, shrugging them.

“Okay, then we’ll start with that,” Ronnie grinned, waiting for the music to start so he could sing.

· · ·

“You had braces! I know you did,” Bryan said, placing the black straw that came out of his beverage into his mouth.

“And I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just not saying you’re right,” Jessica winked, copying Monte’s actions, she was drinking, yes, but she made a promise to herself to not get drunk.

“How do you know she wore braces?” Ayden asked, her arm slipping around Jessie’s waist, pulling her close and out of Max’s grasp. “Get your own, bitch,” she growled playfully.

“I’ll just go get Craig!” Max raised his hand to eyebrow level, and sighed dramatically, pausing, and then running to Craig jumping his lap. “I got my own, bitch!” everyone laughed.

“Look at how straight her teeth are!” Bryan shrieked. “How can you not tell she had braces!”

“Dude, you just sounded like a girl,” Ronnie chuckled, picking at his nails casually.

“Shut up!” scowled Bryan, glaring in Ronnie’s direction, leaving Ayden and Jessica laughing as they were the only ones listening.

“Hey, just stating facts!” Ronnie held up his hands in defense, Bryan rolled his eyes and walked to sit across from Max and Craig who were fighting over the remote. “Fucking idiots,” they heard him mumble.

The only ones that were in the house were Bryan, Ronnie, Max, Craig, Ayden, and Jessica, the others were outside in Ivee and Robert’s pool, trying to cool down from the intense heat that struck the Las Vegas area.

“Give me the fucking remote, I’m the youngest out of the two of us, I deserve it,” Craig whined, slapping at Max’s arm pitifully, whole still having a tight hold on the remote.

“Well, I’m the oldest, I’ve had to put up with you lot, I deserve it,” Max replied, copying Craig’s actions, Ayden intervened.

“You know what I say, I’ve had to deal with all of you the longest, I deserve the remote,” Ayden smiled, grabbing the remote out of the immature boys hands and then fell on the couch, clicking through the channels. The faces that stood still on Craig and Max’s faces made Jessica, Bryan, and Ronnie bust out in laughter.

“You’re lucky I am not a woman hitter and that I love you, otherwise, baby, you’d be black and blue,” Craig finally spoke, pulling Ayden onto his lap, letting her cuddle into him.