Status: indefinite hiatus

Consciousness and Confidence

Chapter 16

As I walked into my house, I slammed the door shut behind me with as much might as I could muster. JayJay had spent the entire day asking me about Cale. And, although I tried to hint at her that I might like him, she wouldn't back off. It drove me insane.

Not to mention the fact that after school the two of them were flirting again like crazy. Right infront of my face too. What the fuck? I don't get ignored like this.

"Whoa there, little lady. What's with all the rucas?" I heard Jimmy ask, poking his head into the hallway just as I was about to climb the stairs.

"Nothing, leave me alone, Jim." I muttered, begining to walk up. I stopped when his hand caught my wrist.

He shook his head. "Now now. Tell you're favorite band member what's wrong."

I rolled my eyes as I attempted to release my arm from his grip, but he wouldn't give. "Jimmy!" I whined. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"Ah ha, so there is something!" he shouted, punching the air.

"Yeah, there is." I confessed. "Now, let me go. I don't feel much for talking." Again I wiggled my arm around in his grip, but his hand wouldn't unclench.

"It's always best to talk about it." he said in a knowing voice. It just made me frown at him.

"Since when have you been so philisophical?" I questioned. "Last I checked your brain only processed girls, beer, and music."

Apparently, I had said the magic words because Jimmy let go of my grip. I looked up at him to see that he had a hurt expression etched into his features. Guilt suddenly washed over me. "Oh, Jimmy. I didn't mean to snap like that. I'm just not in a good mood." Regret filled my voice.

He shrugged, trying to play it off. "I was only trying to make things better, Ry."

I nodded vigorously. "And I know that! I'm just... not in the mood to talk things out right now, okay?" I gave him a pleading look.

"Okay." he smiled.

"Good. When I do want to talk, I'm coming right to you." I insisted. For good measure, I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. Jimmy was always my favorite.

At that moment Zacky came walking through the door. He stopped short as I pulled myself out of the hug.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you two." He chuckled as he slowly walked back out. As he was retreating, he yelled "Jimmy you better get off Matt's sister! We have practice, remember?"

Oh God, now he's gone and done it. Cue the loud rumbling of stairs and the bewildered 'what!?' come from the basement. I just looked at Jimmy and we both just shrugged, knowing what exactly was going to happen next.

"Jimmy, I swear to God if you're anywhere near my little sister I'm cutting your ba-"

"Matthew!" Our mother screamed from the top of the stairs. Apparently, it had slipped his mind that she was home.

"Sorry Mom." he muttered. Impatiently, he waited till he saw her retreating back go into her room, before turning to the two of us. By this point, Johnny, Zacky, and Brian had gathered into the hallway with us.

"Oh, jeeze Zacky." I complained. "This is turning into something ridiculous."

Matt completely ignored me and went up to Jimmy, poking a finger into his chest. "Did you touch her?" he growled.

Please don't choose this moment to be a smart ass, Jimmy. "Of course." Too late.

"What!?" Matt bellowed, giving him a murderous glare. "You know that she is off limits! We've already had this discussion when Br-"

"He knows when!" Brian yelled, cutting my brother off. The look he gave him was very similar to the look Matt just gave Jimmy.

"Right." he huffed. "Well, you know Jimmy. You know my rule."

By this point I had enough. I love my brother to pieces, but sometimes he is a very annoying combination between stupidity and protective-ness. Within the past few month, it only seemed to intensify.

"Excuse fucking you, Matt." I began, stepping between my brother and Jimmy. "You jump to conclusions to easily. You also are ridiculously overprotective. Jimmy was hugging me. You're douche bag friend over there just wanted to push your buttons a little." I motioned towards Zacky who began to slowly back behind Brian. Brian merely grabbed his arm and kept him from sneaking away.

"You're so going to pay, Zacky." Matt muttered, backing away from Jimmy before turning to him. "Sorry about getting all upset. You know how I am. And by now, I should know that you wouldn't be like that with Ryyan."

Jimmy smiled. "No problem. We were just discussing Ryyan's terrible day."

"Thanks Jimmy." I muttered, not looking forward to my brother's nosey questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are appriciated greatly!
It took me so long to write this one :l