Sequel: Worth Waiting For

It's A Roller Coaster Ride We're On

Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!

Joe Jonas Gets Frisky

The middle Jonai, Joe, was seen in an elevator last night with lovely brunette photographer Melissa Douglas. Melissa just so happens to be the photographer of the Jonai biography, which was written by her best friend Lauren Patterson. The two were touring with the Jonas’ for about 8 months to get information and photos for the book and it looks like Melissa and Joe became more than ’Just Friends’. I guess those purity rings are for show because the two left the elevator at 8:47 pm, in the middle of the books release party, and didn’t go back downstairs until around two hours later. Check out the snapshots from the elevators camera below.

“Care to explain?” Kevin Sr. asked the next morning. We were all gathered in his, Denise, and Frankie’s room for breakfast and this was Perez Hilton’s first post of the day. Now, it was floating around all of the celeb gossip sites as well as the TV shows.

Joe and I sat side by side on the couch. We didn’t look up. We had agreed last night that they would not find out that we had sex. I was about to say something when Denise spoke up.

“Kevin, sweetheart, they’re adults. They’re allowed to… make out if they want to.” She said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

“Really Dad, nothing happened. Honest.” Joe said.

“We really were just watching TV that whole time.” I added. Kevin Sr. sighed.

“Alright… I trust you.” He said.

Later that day, Lauren and I went back to work and the boys went on to start filming their second season of J.O.N.A.S. I had thoughts running through my mind constantly, I was so distracted. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? I thought, moving my hands to my stomach subconsciously. No… no… there’s only a small chance.

****

A month later, I woke up at 3 in the morning and bolted for the bathroom. I knelt in front of the toilet and started puking. When I was done I wiped my mouth and brushed my teeth. I looked up in the mirror, panting slightly.

“Oh no,” I whispered. I went back to bed and woke up with my alarm again at 6:30. Lauren was already in the kitchen, scrambling some eggs.

“Morning,” she said.

“Mm,” I mumbled, resting my head on my arms on the table top. She put some eggs and toast on a plate and set them in front of me.

“So, are you sick?” she asked.

“Sorry?” I asked, sitting up.

“I heard you in the bathroom at 3. It sounded like you were puking your guts out.”

“Yeah well, I must have had some bad shrimp last night or something.” I said shrugging my shoulders and picking up my fork. I picked at my eggs, I wasn’t really hungry.

“Bite your tongue.” She gasped. “I have made linguini with shrimp plenty of times before and neither of us has ever been sick.”

“Laur, chill, I… don’t know what’s wrong.” I said, putting down my fork and pushing away from the table. “I’m not hungry.”

“Bull,” she said standing up. “There’s something going on and you’re not telling me. I’m your best friend and I know something’s wrong. If this is something that affects you in anyway, or affects me, or any of the Jonas’ for that matter, you have to tell me. Now spill.”

I sighed and sat back down at the table across from her. I racked my brain for a few minutes to see if I could make something up. It wasn’t working. The only way was to tell her the truth.

“Laur,” I said quietly. “There’s a slight chance that I could possibly be… pregnant.” I whispered the last word. I looked up at her face and it was emotionless.

“What?”

“Last month, at the party, Joe and I had ordered Cokes. We went back to the dance floor and after awhile went to sit down again and finished our Cokes. I thought mine tasted funny but Joe and I just shrugged it off. Then he started getting ’frisky’ under the table and he dragged me to the elevator.”

“Hence the footage.” She said, realization hitting her.

“Yeah, and then we went to his room and we… had sex. Your phone call woke us up and we both had pounding headaches. It wasn’t good. He didn’t have a condom, why would he? And I don’t take birth control because I have no reason to so…”

“Oh my God,” she whispered.

“Yeah,” I agreed, nodding my head.

“Um, okay. We need to set up an appointment with the obstetrician for you. As soon as possible.” She said, standing up and looking for the phonebook. “Mm, okay.” She said, dialing. “Yes, hi. My name’s Lauren Patterson, I’m a patient of Dr. Lewis’. I need to make an appointment for my friend… Melissa Douglas. Yes… yes… alright. Thank you. Bye. You have an eleven o’clock appointment for this morning.” She said, turning to me.

“Weren’t you going to go to the Jonas’ and tell Kevin you want to move in together?” I asked.

“Yeah but that can wait. Right now, you’re the most important thing. Come on, let’s go get ready. Then you have to eat something.”

****

“Hi, we have an appointment with Dr. Lewis,” Lauren said when we entered the doctor’s office.

“She’s with a patient at the moment but will be done soon. I’ll call you when she’s ready. Name?”

“Melissa Douglas.” I said.

“Alright, have a seat.” The receptionist said, smiling at me. Lauren and I sat in the chairs and I was tapping my foot nervously.

“Hey, it’s alright.”

“But Laur, if it’s true… what will Joe say? What will his parents say? I can’t have Denise hating me! Oh God, what will my parents say? Things are finally getting good between us again. I don’t want to screw anything up. God!” I exclaimed, putting my head in my hands on the verge of tears.

“Hey, hey, hey, calm down.” She said, putting her arms around me and hugging me tight. “I’m here for you. Denise won’t hate you. No one is going to hate you. The only people that will be hated on will be those paparazzi assholes who did whatever they did to you and Joe.”

I’m leaving, never to come back again. You found somebody who does it better than he can…

“Hello? Kev, now’s not really a good time.” She said into the phone. “Because Mel isn’t feeling well and I want to make sure she’s okay. No, it’s not serious. No he doesn’t have to come… Kevin… No… give him the phone.” She said sighing. “Joe… no she’s fine. Yes… yes I’m sure. Once…. Eight hours ago. Yeah… yes she ate. Really… just stay there. Okay. Give me Kevin again please.” She looked at me and rolled her eyes and I couldn’t help but giggle. “Hi, Kevin I can’t. I know I told you we’d meet but… really? How important? Kev I don’t know…” she said glancing at me. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. “Alright, yes I’m on my way. Yeah, I love you too. I will. Bye… He says he hopes you feel better and Joe was on the verge of freaking out.”

“Wow… and I haven’t even told him I’m pregnant yet. I wonder what will happen.” I said, resting my head against the wall.

“If you’re pregnant.” She said. “Can you take a cab home?”

“Yeah I’ll be fine.” I said.

“Okay. Don’t worry… it will all turn out okay.” She said, leaning over and kissing my forehead. She smoothed my hair back and smiled. “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye…”

****

Lauren’s POV

“Okay, I’m here,” I said into the phone. “How far away from the hot dog stand are you?”

“I’m to the right when you’re facing the ocean. By the pier.” Kevin answered.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.” I said hanging up. What is so important? I wondered… he sounded so serious.

“Hey,” he said, smiling at me once I was in hearing range. He walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He had a whole picnic set up for us.

“Kevin, what is this?” I asked, smiling.

“It’s a picnic.”

“Well I know it’s a picnic, but why?”

“Because I wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh well honey that’s nice but you don’t have to set up a cute little picnic to talk to me.” I said, sitting down on the blanket.

“Yes I do.” He said, joining me. “Lauren, what do you think of everything?”

“Everything what?”

“Everything, everything.”

“Oh well. Everything is great. I’m so glad Mel and I got assigned to you and your brothers. Your family is awesome. Frankie is so adorable and Joe’s just a big goofball but Mel loves him and I’m happy for them and I’m so glad Nick’s happy now and the band…. They’re so great and…”

“Laur will you marry me?” he asked suddenly, smiling brightly at me.

“Sorry?” I asked, blinking and staring at him.

“Lauren Catherine Patterson, I love you with every fiber of my being. Will you marry me?”

****

“Melissa Douglas?” the receptionist called. I stood up and walked over to her desk. “Dr. Lewis is ready now. Follow me.”

I followed her down the hallway… third door on the right. She instructed me to lie on the examination table. While I waited for the doctor to come in I looked around the room. Pictures of pregnant women with their hands on their stomachs, their husbands standing behind them…. Pictures of smiling babies playing with toys… Can I really do this? Can Joe really do this?

“Hello Miss Douglas, I’m Dr. Lewis,” the blonde woman said as she entered the room. She smiled at me as she looked at a chart. “So, you think you may be pregnant?”

“Yes. I woke up this morning at 3 and threw up and I have reason to believe it was morning sickness.” I said.

“When did the sexual intercourse occur?”

“A little over a month ago.” I said.

“Okay, well it’s possible it may have been morning sickness. Have you missed a period?” she asked and I thought…

“Actually… yes. I was supposed to get it a week and a half ago.” I said, almost on the verge of panic now.

“Okay well, I can draw blood and check your hormone levels, or… you can pee on a stick.” She said simply.

“Stick please. I don’t do well with needles.”

“Okay,” she said, laughing. She opened one of the drawers and pulled out a box. “The bathroom is right across the hall. Bring it in here when you’re done and I’ll wait for the result with you. This is the most accurate one we have.” She said.

****

Twenty minutes later I left the doctor’s office. I called Joe while I waited for a taxi. We had made plans yesterday to hang out so I wanted to know if he just wanted to come to the apartment.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” he answered on the first ring. I laughed slightly.

“I’m fine, really. Do you still want to come over?” I asked as I climbed into the taxi.

“Yeah, if you’re feeling up to it.”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Okay, just let me shower. I’ll be there in like… twenty five minutes.”

“Okay, I’ll see you then.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.” I said, hanging up. So… cab ride takes 10 minutes… that gives me fifteen minutes of mental prep…

I was pacing in the living room the entire time I waited for Joe. Why am I nervous? I looked up when the doorbell rang and let out a big gust of air as I walked over to open it.

“Hey!” he exclaimed, walking in and hugging me tightly. “Can I kiss you or are you contagious?”

“I’m fine, you can kiss me.” I said, smiling slightly. He leaned down and touched his lips to mine.

“So, what do you want to do?”

“Um… I need to talk to you first.”

“Lyss… what’s going on?” he asked looking at me over the kitchen counter. His eyebrows furrowed together as he scrutinized my expression.

“I have news…” I said.

“Good or bad?” he asked, walking back into the living room.

“Um… that depends.” I said with a shaky laugh.

“Okay… should I sit?”

“Yes, sit. Sitting’s good.” I said, gesturing to the couch.

“Okay… shoot.”

“Joe… I’m… pregnant.” I said, not looking him in the eyes. He was silent. I finally got the courage to look at him and his eyes were set straight ahead and his breath came faster and sharper and his face was losing color. Neither of us spoke… then the phone rang. I let the machine get it…

Hey it’s Lauren… and Melissa! We’re not here right now. Make it short, make it sweet and we’ll get back to you… maybe.

“Melissa Douglas, get your ass over to the Jonas house right now. And bring Joe with you; Frankie said he left for there about fifteen minutes ago. If you’re not in the apartment right now I sound like an idiot and I’m rambling to no one so I’ll call your cell too. Hurry!”

Some may say I need to be afraid… of losing everything…

“Hello?” I answered. Joe was looking at me now. Our eyes never broke contact. “Yeah we’re still at the apartment… yeah just give me five minutes and then we’ll leave. Okay. Bye.” I said, and then I hung up the phone. “Joe…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh
My
God!

Okay so.... Melissa's pregnant? For reals? What do you think??

How do you think Joe will react?

Did Lauren say "Yes"???

So many questions that need answers! Find out in the sequel!

C/R/S

~Steph <3