Making Friends With Bacardi

Chapter Two.

Image

"Yeah, they would be the ones to do that to a poor little girl." I heard a voice say behind me. A male voice. One that I didn't recognize.

I was opening up boxes and sorting out shirts. Jack must have been the one to throw all the shirts in these boxes like this. He was always the messy one. He never cared how things looked.

"Yeah." I agreed, still sorting out the shirts. "You gotta love them though."

The male knelt down next to me on the ground and started to help me. I moved my straight brown hair out of my brown eyes and finally got a look at him.

Even kneeling down, he looked really tall. He had a slim and slender body and bleach blond hair that went in every direction.

"Hey, you're from-" I started to say.

"Forever The Sickest Kids." He finished for me.

"Yeah, the-"

"Drummer." He laughed and stood up. This kid was gorgeous. His laugh was adorable and his smile was so inviting.

I stood up too and extended my hand out to him. He took it and I shook it politely as I said "My names Kayleigh."

"Kyle." He smiled back at me. "Do you know if our tents will always be next to each others?"

"I have no idea." I said to him. "They just shoved these boxes in my hands and showed me where to bake in the sun all day."

Kyle laughed and played with his hair a little. "So you need help, right?"

"Please?" I said. "I've never done this before."

He looked down at all the shirts I was sorting out. "Jack?"

"Jack." I said, laughing.

"Dude, this is a mess. Somethings wrong with that kid. I bet Alex told him to get the merch together and he just threw as many shirts as he could in here without folding them. I bet he even sat on top of all of them to make them fit." Kyle said, helping me sort out and fold the wrinkled shirts.

Yeah. It was that bad.

"Hey Kyle, have you seen Kent anywhere?" Another male voice said. This time I looked up right when I heard it. A red headed, short boy was in the next tent over looking over at us.

"Uh, no Caleb. I haven't seen him since we got off the bus this morning."

Caleb. The guitarist in Forever The Sickest kids. He came over to the tent and started to help us. "Caleb." he told me with a sly smile.

I smiled back at him and said "Kayleigh."

Caleb and Kyle helped me sort out all the shirts and put them up on the rack with all the prices and sizes. When we were finished I thanked them and then they had to go.

"See you later?" Kyle asked me.

"Yeah." I said, smiling.

As they walked away, I saw Jack running towards me as fast as he could. He had a huge crazy smile on his face and he was drenched in sweat. He always tackles me to the ground when he's done playing shows. He just loves to pin me down to the ground and wipe his sweat all over me. And since I was behind a table with a bunch of merch on it I thought I was safe. But boy, was I wrong.

He jumped over the table without moving one thing that was on it. I guess that was one of the benefits of having long monkey legs. And before I knew it, I was down on the ground pinned under Jack. "Oh Kayleigh." Jack moaned with his face buried in my neck.

I learned not to fight back over these years. I could never get out of Jacks strong grip. But I never got used to his sweat. It got worse and worse every time. I just knew to keep my mouth shut tightly and close my eyes. "Awh, come on!" Jack whined. "It's not fun when you don't scream and try to get out from under me!"

Just as Jack was about to get up, someone else jumped on top of us. "Second!" They screamed.

Alex peaked out from behind Jack and greeted me. "Hey baby." He said, then winked at me.

"What is this?! A race or something?" I said. I could barely breathe. And no one answered my question.

Rian and Zack came running over to us as the two boys were getting off of me. "I feel sorry for the girls you have sex with." I told Jack. "Their beds are probably soaked with your sweat five minutes in and their legs probably have rug burn from your monkey legs."

Jack put his hand on his chest and grabbed his shirt where his heart is while giving me a pouty face. "That hurt. That really hurt."

I just smiled back at him and he turned his back to me. Alex laughed and said "You got help, didn't you?" as he looked around.

"Yeah. Kyle and Caleb." I said.

"How long did it take?"

"The whole time you guys were playing. Who shoved all those shirts in those boxes like that?"

"Jack, of course." Alex said.

"That's what I thought..." I said.

"So, How much money have you made?" Rian came over and asked.

"Zero. Not one person came by. Good job." I told him while patting him on the shoulder.

"Not one person?!" Zack chimed in.

"Well she was setting up the whole time because you idiots didn't help her!" Alex said.

I looked over and noticed Jack backing up with wide eyes as if a huge fight involved with punches being thrown everywhere was about to break out. I couldn't help but laugh. "Well hey, maybe since you guys are here people will show up." I said.

"Yeah. But I'm not gonna be here." Alex said. "I'm gonna go get food from the bus. What do you guys want?"

Everyone shouted out what they wanted all at once. But somehow Alex heard all of them because he nodded and asked for me to come with him.

The blast of cold air that hit our faces when Alex opened the bus door was super refreshing. "Ah, AC."Alex said relieved.

When we got on the bus I sat on the couch and closed my eyes. Alex walked over to the fridge and handed me a cold bottle of water.

"Thanks." I said grabbing it from him. He sat on the couch next to me and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I said and laughed lightly.

"I forgot how pretty your hair looks in the summer time." He said.

I sat there wondering what to say. I didn't know if he was serious, or being sarcastic. If he was being serious; I've never had a moment like this with Alex. He never compliments me. He's the one that always makes sure I know how shitty I look when I wake up. And he's the one to tell me straight up if my perfume stinks. If he was being sarcastic; Normal Alex. And I would be sarcastic right back and say 'Thanks!'

"What's so pretty about it?" I finally asked.

"It turns golden brown." He winked at me. "Stay gold Pony Boy."

"Shut up." I laughed. "I thought you were being cute for once in your life." I said and walked over to the fridge. "Jack, What'd he want?"

"I don't know." He got up and looked in the fridge with me. "I wasn't listening to them shout at me like little kids at an ice cream truck. Just grab a little bit of everything."

Walking through the big crowds at Warped while holding a bunch of cans of spaghetti O's wasn't easy. I could have sworn I dropped about 5 cans.

"We should have just went through that catering line."

"Fuck that." Alex said quickly. "We'd still be in the back of the damn line."

"And how are they gonna even open these cans?" I said.

"Rian can use his teeth." Alex laughed.

"Yeah, cause that'll work perfectly. I feel like I'm feeding the homeless."

"You smell like the homeless." Alex smirked at me. Like I said, Alex was always the one to point out the obvious gross things about me.

"Look, I just took a shower in jacks sweat. You know? He always tackles me after shows. Always." I said as another can of spaghetti O's slipped from my arms. But I guess holding cans of spaghetti O's was easier than holding apples, oranges, and a few bananas. Perfect lunch right there.

We finally got to the merch table after getting a bunch of weird stares from people. Fans were surrounded around the table and Jack was steady taking pictures. Zack was selling shirts, and Rian was sitting on a cooler tapping his fingers to some song that was playing in his head.

Rian laughed at us the second he saw us. "You guys should have went through the catering line."

"Dude, if we went through the catering line then we would still be in the damn catering line." Alex said.

"Spaghetti O's?" Rian asked, ignoring Alex. "How the hell are we gonna open these?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Five subscribers but only two comments?
I'd love it if you would comment more.
And keep subscribing!

<3