This Beat Is Sick

You know that Life and love is a Heavy heavy load.

Image

“Antonio!” I shouted, a man with black hair and white clothes ran over to me. “Yes Mary Jane?” He asked. “My drink is empty,” I said and handed him the glass. “I’ll be right back with another one,” Antonio said and ran off towards the bar. Kevin and I were living in Italy we bought a condo, and hired a staff. “Hey baby,” Kevin said and walked out by the pool. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and sat down next to me. “Hello lover,” I said and pulled him in for another kiss.

Kevin pulled away and sighed, it was time he told Mary Jane what they had to do. They had cut off all connection to everyone in the world for five months. “So, I talked to my mom…” Kevin said and looked anywhere but my eyes. “What did she say?” I asked. “I told her we’d fly out for a visit, she misses me.” Kevin said. I sighed, I was a changed woman, I did not want to be thrown back into all my past drama. “I promise it’ll only be for a couple of days, we’ll come straight home after. You don’t even have to talk to Joe!” Kevin said. “I’ll come, I don’t care if I see Joe or not. That’s not who I’m worried about,” I said and my mind traveled to my best friend, she probably hated me right now. “When do we have to be there?” I asked. Antonio walked over to me and handed me my drink. “Thanks,” I mumbled and took a sip, waiting for Kevin to answer. “Next Week.” Kevin said. “Fuck,” I mumbled. “Your family hates me, I don’t know if I’ll be welcome.” I said and finished off my drink. For the first time in my life I was nervous. “Babe, I love you, that’s all that matters. You’ve changed, they’ll just have to get used to you because you’re not going anywhere.” Kevin said and kissed my lips. “I’ll go start packing,” I said and got off the pool lounge chair.

I sighed and picked up my purse, I was not ready for this. These people were going to eat me alive. Kevin placed his hand on my shoulder and led me to baggage claim. We got our luggage and walked to the area where Kevin’s family was waiting for us. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. I know.

Comments and banners?

Read my new Nick J story.

I'm The King Of Catastrophes