‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

What If I Don't Want To Kill Him?

He had destroyed her. He had reduced her to the hating creature that she is now. All because of him she was dead and unfeeling inside. Marcus scowled as he walked to Defence Against the Dark Arts. Throughout Potions she had not smiled once. She had not laughed. Only talked when spoken to. He had reduced her to nothing.

All because she hates me. The thought ate at him as he shoved the other students out of his way. She was beautiful and perfect before I touched her.

Marcus slammed the door and slumped down in his seat. Professor Reece jumped and glanced around. “Oh, hello Marcus,” he spoke hastily before turning back to the essays he was marking. Marcus was making everyone nervous these days. It was as if he were a dangerous volcano set to erupt any moment.

Marcus glared at the desk infront of him as the other students filed in. No-one filled the empty spot beside Marcus. He pushed his books over to the other side of the desk and rested his head on his folded arms.

Professor Reece started to talk to the class about the lesson that day. But Marcus paid no attention. Anne. He whispered the voice over and over in his mind. Then a cold hard voice crept into his mind, Harry Potter, It sneered and laughed cruelly.

Marcus shuddered and pushed himself away from his desk. He grabbed his books and stalked from the room. The class fell silent as they watched him go, but no-one made any move to stop him. They were all too scared.

Marcus stalked into the Slytherin common room ignoring the few seventh years that were in there working and ran up the stairs to his room. The students below stared at each other with their eyebrows raised, wondering what his problem was.

He threw his bag down onto the floor and pulled out the stone. He placed it on the floor and cast the Muffliato spell. Bellatrix did not appear this time, only Voldemort. He stood there, waiting for Marcus to say something.

They stood, staring each other down, refusing to speak.

“Killed her yet?” Voldemort broke the silence with his cold voice.

Marcus clenched his fists and hissed. “Yes, she is all but dead thanks to you.”

“All but dead?” Voldemort asked condescendingly. “Why, don’t you have what it takes to kill someone Marcus?” he laughed and sneered at his son. Marcus growled and his nails punctured the palms of his hands. “If you do not kill her Marcus, then you will never realise your destiny. She has to be killed so that you can destroy Harry.”

Marcus turned away form Voldemort, “What if I don’t want to kill him?” he asked in a quiet voice, almost to himself.

“Oh you will Marcus. You will kill the filthy half-blood. You will because I command it.” Voldemort spoke and moved so that he stood infront of Marcus.

Marcus scowled at Voldemort and picked up the stone. His father snarled angrily as he was sucked back into nonexistence. Marcus sat on his bed. What if I don’t want to kill him? No, he wanted to kill Harry Potter. He did not want to kill Anne. But if his father kept up at him like this then his will could crumble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes yes, I know MArcus is being stupid. But never fear, next chapter will hopefully be better.
Oh, and Marcus kind of stood up to his father in this one. Well, sort-of :S