Status: Finished but comments are turned off still and photobucket fails so all the pictures are gone.

The Way They Were

The Meeting

Adaeze's POV

“Its nice to have you back Ms. Wooten” my teacher, Mr. Johnson said to Angelica.

“Its nice to be back Mr. Johnson.” Angelica smiled and gave him her late slip.

“You may take your seat,” he said gesturing toward the empty seat next to me.

“Be careful, there might be cob webs,” I whispered to her before she sat down.

“Has it really been that long?” she asked.

“I dunno, but it sure did feel like it, we missed you girl.” I smiled, while someone was poking me on my side. I turned to see who it was. “WHAT?!” I whisper / screamed at Kayla.

“Tell Angelica I said hi!” she said waving at Angelica.

“Do I look like a messenger!?!” I asked her.

Mr. Johnson cleared his throat. “I’m sure my class rules haven’t changed since YOU were last here Miss Yvonne, have they?” he said using my first name. I HATE it when people use my first name.

“No Mr. Johnson.” I said suppressing my anger deep within and putting on one of the biggest, fakest smiles that I could.

45 Minutes Later

“I can’t wait until the school year is over, I swear on the last day what I’m gonna do to that man… he better not piss me off the last week of school” I said to Kayla and Angelica while we were walking towards our lockers.

“I know he’s always getting on our cases but when Jessica talks or anybody from her little crew he just acts like he doesn’t hear it!” Kayla said twisting her locks.

“That’s because she’s his niece, and you know her dad, his brother, it’s a family thing.” I said slamming my locker shut.

“But he doesn’t treat Jesse like that, he’ll send him to the principals office in a heartbeat.” Kayla said grabbing her Algebra book.

“That’s because he and Jesse got into a long time ago in the 6th grade and plus he never did like Jesse because his mom used to be with him until she left him for his brother, which is Jesse’s dad.” Angelica said closing her locker.

“And how do you know all of this?” I asked her. She leaves for a year and comes back a genius, really? I think not.

“Well I have gone to school with him since the 2nd grade…” she said raising one of her eye brows.

“And?” Kayla said as if reading my mind.

“Which means we’ve been friends for 9 years” she said.

“Oh, okay well anyways, Adaeze can you come with me to the bathroom?” Kayla asked.

“Sure,” I said while we walked away. Once we were in the bathroom Kayla started bugging out.

“When did she just become so close to us anyway? I mean who invited her into our conversation?” Kayla yelled.

“Listen she just came back and she doesn’t know what happened while she was gone and we should keep it that way okay?” I whisper/ yelled because someone was in the stall.

Then the toilet flushed and someone walked out. “Oh now you guys don’t want me to hear your conversations? I thought we were BFF’s?!” Danani fake cried, walking over to the sink.

“No I just thought you were someone else,” I said.

“So, are you guys talking about Angelica?” she asked grabbing a paper towel.

“Yah, she just pissed me off!” Kayla yelled.

“Word around the school is that she pissed Vivien off too.” Danani said staring at herself in the mirror.

“Yeah I heard she came to her house once she got back and gave her a black eye,” I said getting into gossip mode.

“Really cause I heard that she gave her a black rose.” Kayla said, her eyes wide.

“Black rose?” I asked looking at her like she was on crack.

“Don’t those mean like death or something?” Danani asked smearing on some lip gloss.

“Oh, yeah I heard about that.” I said when someone walked in the bathroom door.

“Heard about what?” Asia asked walking in.

“She said she heard about Viv-” Kayla started but I covered her mouth before she could say more.

“What about Vivien?” Asia asked with that gossip smirk.

“Nothing!” I answered too quickly.

“If it was nothing you would not have covered her mouth” Asia said looking at me then Kayla then back at me. I thought she was stupid!!

“All they were talking about was that they heard that Vivien gave up hot fries. Is it true?” Danani covered up for us. I shot her a thankful glare. She nodded her head.

“Vivien giving up hot fries? Never.” Asia said and walked out. I let Kayla’s mouth go.

“Eeeww! You drooled on me!” I yelled while washing my hands.

“I cant help it, it was the braces,” she said slurping spit.

“I’m so glad they took off my braces early” Danani said picking something out of her teeth. “How come you didn’t let me tell Asia?” Kayla asked looking at me in the mirror.

“Because Asia’s best friends with Vivien and Angelica and she’s become such a ditz, so she’d go tell Angelica that we were talking about her. And I really don’t feel like dealing with her right now.” I said walking towards the door.

“Well I suggest you keep your little friend here quiet,” Danani said looking at Kayla, “Because I’m not covering up for you again,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Adaeze is pronounced Uh-dez-aye and Danani is Duh-nah-knee