Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Fifteen.

"Where are we going?" Zack mumbled, shining the light at the walls of the tunnel, looking for markings or something. At least that's what I assumed. I squeezed his hand gently, not knowing what I was supposed to say or do, so that seemed logical. His thumb began rubbing circles against my hand.

"We'll get out of here," he told me. I guess he thought I was afraid. To be honest, the only thing I was afraid of was getting caught once we got out. I wanted to tell Zack that we should just stay in here, but I didn't think he'd really go for it.

"That's not what I'm worried about," I sighed, "I'm worried about what's going to happen when we get out." Zack stopped, turning to hug me and squeezing me tightly. A little too tightly, but after a wheeze, he loosened up.

"Wendy, I promise you that we're going to be okay," he told me. "We'll get out of here and then..."

"And then what?" I questioned. It wasn't really to him. It just needed to be said. It wasn't like we could go to the police. That wouldn't work, I'm sure Jayden had people there. We weren't safe anywhere. Neither were the rest of All Time Low.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, burying my face into his chest. "So sorry."

"Why?" he asked. "We're going to be okay, Wendy. Don't apologize, we're going to be fine." I groaned.

"No, Zack!" I exclaimed, pushing myself away from him, pointing my flashlight at him. He winced, putting his arm in front of his eyes so I wouldn't blind him.

"What are we going to do next, Zack?" I snapped, "Tell me! Because I really don't know! We can't go to the cops! Jayden's people are there! He's going to keep following us!" I ran my hands through my hair, "We're screwed, Zack!" I pointed out. "We're all going to die!" I turned off my flashlight, slowly backing myself against the wall and sitting down. "We're absolutely one hundred and ten percent fucked." There was nothing but silence for a while before Zack spoke again.

"Wendy?" he muttered.

"Yeah?"

"Wh-what are we supposed to do now?" he asked. I shook my head, even though he couldn't see it.

"I don't know, Zack," I sighed, trying to think. "I can..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say. "I have an idea," I muttered finally. "You're not going to like it, but it's all we have right now, Zack."

"Wendy," he said warningly.

"No, Zack," I sighed, "Just listen to me. Whatever's the end of this tunnel, it's not going to be good. You need to leave me either way and-" I started, and then he cut me off.

"What?! No!" he shouted over me, his voice echoing against every wall in the narrow tunnel.

"Zack!" I shouted back, "You need to find the guys and get out of here. I'm going to try to get home and I'll make sure to let you know I'm okay. If need be, I'll come back with people. You'll be protected, I'll be protected and once this is over we can..." I trailed off, biting my lip. His light flicked back on and he pointed it next to me so I was lit up but not blinded.

"We can...hang out, and stuff," he finished. I nodded. He sighed, turning the light in each direction of the tunnel before back at me.

"You sure about this, Wendy?" I nodded.

"Positive," I said quietly. I stood up, holding my hand out to him, "Trust me?" He grabbed my hand, shining the light in front of us.

"Don't die," he told me.

"I really don't plan on it," I chuckled, tugging him down the tunnel. I didn't plan on it, but that didn't mean it wasn't going to happen. Who knew what was on the other side of this tunnel? We'd find out soon enough though.

"How are you going to get home?" I shrugged.

"Your guess is about as good as mine, but I'll figure it out. I always do," I sighed. "Don't worry about me. Just worry about you and the guys. I promise I'll be fine. I always have before, haven't I?" Granted, he didn't know the half of it but he didn't need to know. Last thing I needed to do was worry him more.

"Wendy?"

"Yeah?"

"What is Jayden looking for anyway?" he asked. I groaned, shutting my eyes. That was the last thing I needed to be asked.

"It's a long story," I told him.

"We clearly have time," he asked, nodding at the seemingly never ending tunnel. "So, talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Writing this again! Sorry it's not exciting, but it's a start back into this.