Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Five.

Another week passed and Jack was avoiding me at all costs since that little conversation in the parking lot; like I was cursed or something; not that I minded all that much. One less person to deal with and lie to.

The boys were making it so hard to keep a secret. They were nothing but sweet to me, and it made me sick I was going to hurt them. I already was. Jack was example A.

***

I had shared a bunk with Zack last night, meaning when I woke up this morning I was on the very inside of the bunk and I was blocked from view.

Out of all the boys, Zack was the most protective of me. Whenever he and I shared bunks, he sort of slept on top of me. Nothing could get to me without going through him first.

“Zack,” I groaned, poking him in the arm. “You have to move.” He groaned a little, peeking at me through a sleepy lid.

“Zack, come on,” I begged. He closed his eye, snuggling closer to me. I laughed a little bit, running my hand through his hair. He made a face, opening his eyes fully.

“Don’t do that,” he mumbled sleepily. I chuckled a little, giving him a tiny smile. I ran my hand through his hair again. His eyes narrowed a little, and he shook his head.

“Why?” he asked, giving me a look. I smirked a little, shrugging.

“Because you won’t move,” I told him. He laughed a little, running his hand up and down my arm.

“Maybe I don’t want to,” he said shortly. I laughed a little, rolling my eyes.

“Maybe I’ll move you,” I said. Without another word, before he could react at all, I pushed him so he rolled over and climbed over him and out of the bunk. I ripped the curtain back and stuck my tongue out at him. I pulled the curtain back in place and walked into the kitchenette.

“Hi Jack,” I greeted politely. He looked up from his computer and waved a little. I went for a box of cereal, and when I turned back to face the table, Jack was gone. I rolled my eyes, sitting down and started to pick the marshmallows out of the lucky charms. I stared down at one of the hourglass ones, sighing a little.

I sat crammed in a box, totally in the dark. I hated what I had to do to get what I wanted these days.

The box was slammed in something, and I bit my lip to stop myself from making a sound. The crate was opened, and I was dumped out. I fell to my knees, and was blinded by the white light.

“What’s your name?” a booming voice asked.

“Wendy,” I said quietly, not looking up.

“And why are you here Wendy?” the same voice asked. I shook a shaky breath.

“I want to live in America,” I replied.

“And why have you come to me?” the same voice asked.

“Because,” I drew another shaky breath. “I’ve heard you can help.”

“Look up at me,” the voice said. I looked up, squinting up at the figure in front of me. The man was largely built, with blonde hair and green eyes.

“She’s perfect,” another, slightly higher voice said from behind him. Another man stepped into the light. He looked like the son of the first man, only taller and slimmer.

“Fine,” the first man said. “I will get you to America. In exchange for your hand in marriage for my son, Jayden.” He motioned to the second boy. “So we have a deal?” I bit my lip before nodding and looking down at the ground again.


“Wendy?” Rian’s voice brought me back to reality. I looked from my hand of marshmallows to him.

“Are you okay?” he asked me. I nodded.

“Fine, just a little tired,” I told him, rubbing my face. I’m so screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter six is the big one! :D I just finished. It is...perfect.