Status: temporary hiatus.

Bam Margera's Responsibility

Coming Clean

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited. Waited for any predicament I had to endure when meeting these people I’ve never met. I readjusted my hand bag on my shoulder for the fifth time that minute. My fingers began tapping incessantly. There was a bit of a cool breeze around the forest. And no sun shone this morning. Quite odd, I thought. Since the temperature around me was indeed a tad chilly. I pulled out the elastic that held my hair in place and slipped it on my bare wrist. I combed my fingers through getting rid of any bumps or knots in my straightened hair.

After a few minutes, I began to wonder whether anyone heard the doorbell. I was about to open the zipper of my hand bag and pull out my cell phone, when a lock was heard on the other side of the large entrance. The grand door unlocked and exposed a man around his mid twenties with a red goatee and curly long hair. His sapphire eyes glued to mine and he seemed to look peculiarly puzzled by my presence.
“Hello?” he said, unsurely staring at me and rolled his eyes down to gaze at my teenage body. His stare made me feel very uncomfortable even though I recognized him in a heartbeat.
“Hi,” I said quietly. I didn’t want them to think of me as of a crazed fan here for pictures and autographs. In fact I was here for something far more significant. A smile crept on my pink full lips and looked at him sweetly, “I’m Chloe James.” I added and waved shyly.

Ryan’s POV

Water sank down my throat subsequently after I gulped the Aspirin. I rubbed my bulky fingers on my forehead hoping that would decrease my headache. Novak sat at the kitchen table flipping pages of the recent Playboy magazine. Swallowing every ounce of water in the glass, I set it in the sink.
The doorbell rang and echoed through the empty house. Curiously, I fully turned my direction to the door and stared in wonder at whom it could be.
Novak stared at me like I had ADD. “Dude, did you hear the bell?” he dumbly asked. Silently, I nodded and tried to ignore the paining headache. “Well, go get the door.” Novak ordered me like I was an infant.
“You get it,” I snapped. I really was in no mood to be around him now, at a time where my head felt it was about to split into two.
“Can’t you see I’m busy?!” he retorted pointing to the magazine.

Rolling my eyes, I plodded to the door. Opening it, I saw a teenage girl who looked she was about to reach into her hand bag. She looked up at me with her hair around her face and lined eyes. “Hello?” Forgetting any manners I had left, my eyes wandered to her body. She was stunning, even if her clothes were rather casual.
“Hi, I’m Chloe James.” She smiled cutely.
“Um, Ryan Dunn.” Lifting my hand, I wait for her to shake it. She shook it looking somewhat nervous.
“Uh, can I help you?” I asked cocking my head to the side.
She blinked a few times, “I, uh, need to talk to Bam Margera. Is he here?”
Looking at her suspiciously, I suspected she was perhaps a fanatical fan of his. “Yeah, he is. Are you a fan or something?”
“Actually, I am. But I desperately need to speak to him. It is rather important to me,” she paused, “and him too.”
She started tearing up, and I genuinely felt empathetic towards her. “Okay, come in.” I said as I opened the door wider to her to enter.

Chloe's POV

I didn’t know why my eyes were tearing up. Maybe it was because this was all real, and I was going to face it unaccompanied. As Ryan held the door open, I walked into the large house. He closed the door behind me and the icy wind was quickly eliminated once I felt how warm it was within the house. Ryan turned to me looking at me awkwardly.
He gulped, “Are you hungry?” I smiled to him, because he allowed me to do what I came here for.
“No, thank you. I’m good.”
“Uh, come sit down.” He offered and waved his hand for me to follow. I followed while clutching my hand bag in my right hand onto my shoulder.

He led me to the beautiful kitchen. I found another person I recalled from the show as well. His name was Brandon Novak. He was seated with his legs across the kitchen table, while he read a magazine.
He must’ve not seen me enter behind Ryan, because he asked him, “Who was it, Dunn?” while reading the magazine. Taking a closer look at the magazine, I noticed it was Playboy. And he probably wasn’t reading, but gazing at the pictures.
“Why don’t you take a look, Novak?” Ryan snapped at him. Novak finally lifted his head and his eyes met mine.
His eyes grew at the sight. “Well, hello beautiful.”
I knew he wouldn’t attempt to do anything, since I was so much youthful. “Hello.” I replied timidly.
“Have a seat.” He said rather politely, gesturing to the chair across him. Silently I sat, and Ryan sat next to Novak across of me as well. Ryan blankly stared at me and Novak smiled, clearly enjoying my presence.

These two men are yet to know my business here. And when they do, I will get to know them individually. I contemplated on telling who I really was to them: their best friend’s daughter. I would get a chance to tell Bam face to face. But right now, they had to know.
“Hi, I’m Chloe James.” I started out by introducing myself.
“Brandon Novak.” The man said with his hand extended. I reached out to shake it, but he grasped it and brought it to his lips. Kissing it softly, he smiled proudly. I sighed, and decided now would be a superior time to inform them about it all. I looked down at the table for a moment, and then lifted my head.

“The reason I’m here is because I have something awfully important to tell Bam Margera.”
“What is it?” questioned Ryan.
“He and I are… related.” I finished my sentence dumbly not knowing how to say it completely.
“Related how?” Ryan asked again, while Novak listened intently.
“I’m his… his daughter.”
Ryan remained immobile and silent, and Novak looked like he was holding in some laughter.
“It’s the truth.” I said, hoping they would understand.
Novak initiated to chuckle and Ryan looked skeptical.
“Do you seriously think we’re gonna believe that?” he asked doubtful.
At this point, I was going to have to change the subject. After all, I did expect this reaction. “Do you know anyone by the name of Ashley James?” I asked the two of them.
Novak abruptly stopped chuckling and looked at me suspiciously. “Ashley James?” he posed making sure he had heard right.
“Yes.”
“Yeah, I know an Ashley James.”
“She’s my mother.”
“What?” he asked disbelievingly and started laughing again.
My face however never changed emotion. Anyone could tell by the look in my eye that I was dead serious, as I folded my arms over my chest.
Novak silenced and gaped at me dead at the eye. “You can’t be. How old are you?”
“16.”
“And how old is your mom?”
“30.”
“Oh, really? And how old was she when she had you?” A simple equation, really.
“14,” I answered quietly. My sudden mood changed from impatient to somber. I wanted to get this over with and I wanted them all to believe what I had to say, I was in no mood to argue with anyone or be posed by 20 questions.
“Are you serious?” Novak asked, his voice softening.
“Does it look like I’m kidding? Because this is no joke, I wouldn’t make this up.” My tolerance was becoming scarce at this moment.

“Alright, let’s say that we believe you,” Ryan cut in.
“What are you here for?” Novak interrupted.
“I’m here to finally meet Bam, my dad, whom I’ve never met. God, I didn’t even know I had a father up until a few days ago!” My breathing quickened.
I plainly couldn’t hold it in any longer, all the frustration and aggravation. I suddenly felt an urge to cry. Yes, crying helped me. But I decided against it. These guys have just made an acquaintance with me. I would be crying soon, predictably by the end of it all.

Irritated, I set my purse on the table and stood from my place. Pacing around the kitchen, I didn’t know the two men were staring at me, actually considering what I’ve informed them.
I was panting heavily as if I’ve been running a mile. Not one of these men whom lived in this household knew what I felt. They simply looked at me, as if I was a little over exaggerating girl. I despised this behavior, because my own mother did not treat me this way. She’s always treated me as if I was a lot older, in fact as if I was an adult just like her. In school, all teachers knew I was mature. I always was. But then, that wasn’t Novak and Ryan’s mistake if they didn’t know that.

“I-I’m sorry.” I apologized feeling there was no reason I had overreacted. They didn’t know me, and if I was in their position, I would’ve been just as confused. My voice quivered and I was certain they took notice. I felt shameful, because I ruined my first impression and my fingers trembled as they tapped against each other.

“You don’t have to apologize. If anyone has to, it’s us. And we’re sorry.” Ryan said with a lower and softer tone.
I looked at him with remorse. He was being nice to me, and he just met me. I mentally smiled as I felt he knew what I’ve been through these few days. “No, I do. I shouldn’t have raised my voice and,” my head began spinning and all I wanted to do is burst out crying, but a whimper came out of my mouth as I was attempted the best I could to hold it in, “I’m sorry but I just wanna break down right now.”

Even my own words sounded foolish, but this was far too devastating for me.
Novak ushered his chair closer to mine and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “It’s okay.” He cooed repeating the same words to me. Ryan smiled at his sensitivity.

An audible door opened and slammed came from upstairs. Someone must’ve woken up. Soon enough, footsteps trudged on the stairs and the figure turned to face the open kitchen and the scene that held it. “Who is this?” I heard from behind me. My back was facing him, so I turned in my chair with Novak’s arm still sagging on my shoulder.

Oh. My. God. It seemed like I was looking into a mirror. The same eyes as mine stared back at me with such intensity. There he is: The man whom I’ve belonged to since I was born. He didn’t know it, but I was always his. Despite his boxer shorts and old T-shirt, he still looked handsome. It came as recognition, as to how much I looked like him.

Almost a minute passed, and the boys at the table and I remained unspoken. Bam’s eyes searched ours for another time trying to figure out what had happened.
“Didn’t anyone hear me?” he asked impatiently. He took a few steps toward the table and looked at me dead in the eye. I recoiled slightly; the last thing I wanted was to be yelled at by him, even before he knew who I really was.

Bam's POV

“Didn’t anyone hear me?” My own voice was a bother to his aching head. I needed some Advil fast.

Who is this girl? What was she doing in my house? My questions weren’t answered, and my tolerance was somewhat decreasing. Taking a few steps forward, the girl cringed slightly from me. Dumbfounded by her actions, I raised an eyebrow. Any strange girl would squeal at my sight. She also looked to be frightened as I approached her. Why did I seem so intimidating to her? So I decided to lower my tone and be polite, which was weird since I was no morning person and the hangover was hurting more by the second.

“Hello.” I greeted her softly, removing the intensifying glare.

Chloe's POV

“Hi.” I responded still astounded by his presence.
“Do you mind introducing yourself?” he asked, indomitable to know who I am.
“I’m Chloe J-James.”
“Yeah, hi. I’m Bam Margera.”
“Right,” I replied slowly. Suddenly, I felt there wasn’t enough air in that kitchen and I desperately needed to step outside. “Um, can you excuse me for a while, I just need some air.”
“Are you alright?” A voice came from behind me.
Turning around in my seat, I locked eyes with Ryan. “Yes, I’m fine. I just need a minute.” I smiled, feeling content that he cared.
I reached over to my shoulder and took a hold of Novak palm and lifted his arm and placed it back to him as if it were something he’d given me. Smiling nervously at them all as I stood, I passed through Bam and walked to the front door and unbolted it. Once outside and out of earshot, I searched my purse to find that one device used for talking between long distances.

My mom’s number was on speed dial. I felt a need to talk to her; I needed to know how she wanted me to break the news to him. I’ll admit I was pretty damn panicky to tell Bam just one teensy information that will change his life… and possibly ruin it. Hearing the dial tone ringing in my ear, after a nerve wracking minute, she finally chose to pick up.
“Hello?”
“Mom?” It felt so good to hear her voice.
“Chloe?! Are you okay?”
“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.”
“Well, what is it?”
“I just met Novak, Ryan, and recently Bam.”
“Good, then. So what’s the problem?”
“Mom, I’m really nervous about telling Bam. And I’m pretty sure he’s not going to believe me!”
“Yes, he will. And if not, he will when he meets me again.”
“Fine, but what will I do when he doesn’t believe me?”
I heard some shuffling of paper on the other side. “I don’t know, Clo. Look, I’m meeting some clients in a minute, so I have to go.” She said hurriedly.
“Are you serious? You’re not going to help me?!” I interjected my voice rising.
“Chloe, I’m busy. Good luck!”
“I can’t believe you!” I yelled into the receiver of the cell phone, but mother had already hung up.
“Thank you so much! I grumbled, angrily shaking my head to the phone, knowing I wouldn't be getting a reply.

Packing the cell phone back safely into my purse, my fingers beat fanatically against one another. What am I going to do now? I paced the driveway in hopes of getting an idea to how I can get the conversation started. Already, I felt it was a long day when it was almost noon.

About 10 minutes after walking back and forth and not coming up with anything, I came to a decision to plainly go with the flow and I’ll probably wing it on the spot. I began walking back to the porch feeling a sense of optimism and pride. I just hoped that Ryan and Novak didn’t babble to Bam about me. I rang the doorbell anxiously and waited for the person on the other side to let me enter. And that person was Ryan.
“Get enough air?” he joked.
“Yeah, I guess.” I smiled.
“Made a good phone call?”
“How do you know that?” I asked confused.
“I watched you grumbling on the phone from the window.”
“You did?” I smirked with fake suspicion.
“Uhuh.”

He grinned and nodded his head indoors gesturing for me to come in. Once back inside, a bunch of jabbers filled my ears, different voices complaining and laughing. Recognition hit me and I turned to Ryan who closed the door. “What’s that noise?” It sounded more of a demand and my eyes grew wide waiting for his response.
“Oh, that’s the rest of the crew.”
“They’re awake?” I gasped.
“Yeah, they woke their asses up when you were getting some fresh air.”

Oh shit, now I have to meet and face all of them. The optimism slowly sank down to my stomach. But I realized now was no time to chicken out, I had to face them. I knew I would sooner or later, but I didn’t think it would be this soon. And now, I have to tell Bam the news in front of everyone else. Nevertheless, I took a deep breath and mentally chanted ‘Everything will be alright.’

“Hey, Ryan?” I called for him as I rested my hand on his shoulder. My voice was barely a murmur but audible enough.
“Yeah?” he whispered.
“Did you or Novak tell Bam?” I asked.
“No, we thought you’d wanna do that yourself.”
“Yeah.” I nodded.
He laid his hand on my shoulder, about to escort me to the living room where all the chatter was coming from. But, before that, I yanked him by his shirt to face me again.
Once we were at the same eye level, I smiled. “Thank you for believing me. I hope Bam and the others will as well.” I said reassuringly.
“First of all, you don’t have to thank me. I believed you after you mentioned your mom’s name. And Novak told me she was friends with him in high school, and then I understood where you got your eyes from,” he smiled, “and second, they will believe it, even if they doubt you, Novak and I are on your side and we’ll defend you if things don’t go too well.”
“Thank you.” Those were the only words fit to show Ryan how much I appreciated what him and Novak were doing for me, especially when they’ve just met me earlier that morning.

Making our way to the living room, all the chatter stopped as fourteen eyes burned into me. I licked my lips nervously and bit down on my bottom lip as my eyes met every one else’s subsequently. There was an uncomfortable silence around the room. But, thankfully, Bam decided to break it.

“So, did you get your much need air?” he smirked that famous smirk of his. I was confused by his emphasis on ‘air’. Was he mocking me?
“Yeah, I did.” It didn’t occur to me just how famous these people were. I was a fan of Bam’s show but I was never one to have a heart attack when meeting a celebrity or such. He turned his head to everyone and had the same smirk plastered on his face.
“Everyone, this is Chloe James.” He announced.
Everybody greeted with a few hello’s and hey’s.
“Do I have to introduce everyone else to you?” he asked in a bored tone.
“No, that won’t be necessary.” I told Bam, turning to the others, I said, “Nice to meet you all.” A chorus of ‘same’ and ‘you too’ echoed in the large living room, the television was turned on but muted.

“So, why are you really here?” Bam asked, but it sounded more like an accusation. I was being accused by my father, but that wasn’t his fault because he doesn’t know it yet. He was putting me on the spot, in front of everyone else waiting for an explanation.
“I have something to tell you. Now, I’m not gonna give a long speech or anything, so I’ll just come right out and say it to your face.” I stated in one breath.
“Alright, I’m listening.” He said casually cross legged in his sweats.
I took a deep breath. “You don’t know this but… you have a child.” I choked.
“A child?” he asked after a moment, skeptical, obviously thinking I was inventing this.
“Yes, a daughter.” I gulped. I was about to take a huge leap of faith.
“A daughter?” I knew any second he was about to burst laughing at my poor attempts to convince him of a lie.
“Yes.” I confirmed, hoping he would be mature about this, this one thing that mattered to me most; the acceptance Bam would offer me.
“Who?” He asked while his eyebrows got higher.
“Me.” I said in a low voice.
“Really?” He inquired, somewhat playing along to my ‘lie’.
“Yeah, really.”

After a moment of silence, he erupted with laughter. I knew he would laugh. But he was the only one laughing; the others were either confused or acted like this scene was not something new. Maybe they’ve heard the same story by some other girls. But unlike those girls, what I had to say was true and I would do whatever I can to make them believe it. By now, I wished my mom was here, if she was, he wouldn’t have had anything to laugh about.

Soon, my temper would be the better of me and I would end up saying deep truthful emotional thoughts or feelings. Why? Because that’s what happens every time, I either get mad and get out of the house or let the emotions out and bawl. But I rarely get a temper, usually I can hold it. When I do get one, I tend to say too much deep information that I soon will regret. Today just might be one of those days.

“Why are you laughing?” I knew the answer, but I wanted to see if he had the nerve to say it. But this is Bam Margera we’re referring to.
“At you. Seriously, do you think I’m a moron who’ll believe what any random girl will tell me?!”
I huffed and scoffed at his remark.
“I am not just a random girl! I’m much more than that to you, I should be! And yeah, I do think you’re a moron because I don’t deserve to be insulted. You are my father, and you’re treating me like shit for no valuable reason, and you’re not helping how I’m feeling right now!”

Bam looked at me horrified, part of him was flabbergasted and the other was angry. For a moment, it didn’t occur to me there were other people in the room. I took this as a cue to go on. And go on I did, I released every burden from inside me, I was letting go of every feeling I felt for him at that moment. My only hope was by the end of this, he would love me like any father would and accept me into his heart. My eyes clouded with tears, but I refused for them to let out just yet.

I made a turn in the conversation just like I did with Novak.
“Do you remember Ashley? Ashley James? You know, your high school ex?” I asked with fury in my eyes, tears were threatening to come out.
“What does she have to do with any of this?” he asked, shaking his head. Obviously, he didn’t notice the similar family names.
“She has everything to do with this!”
“What? How?” he snapped.
“I’m her daughter!”

He silenced looking me up and down, then his facial expression changed to incredulity. But then, someone else chose to intervene in the conversation, my step mother.
“Hi, I’m Missy.” She introduced standing up.
My gaze turned to her as she approached me. She smiled and stuck out her hand. “It’s really… great to meet you.” At least, she's being nice.
“Pleasure.” I replied quietly while a small smile appeared on my face.
“So you’re really Ashley’s kid? God, I haven’t seen Ash since high school.” I smiled in gratitude. “So, how has she been? Are two living here in Westchester? If she is …”
“Missy, now’s not the time for that.” Bam snapped.
Missy glanced at him and sighed, resuming her previous spot beside Dico on the couch. Bam turned to look at me, shifting his seating position to fully face me.

His stare was making me highly awkward just standing before him. I didn’t stare back, my eyes lifted to the ceiling, gazing at the beautiful colors, walls, furniture and the huge heartagram behind the dining room table.

I felt my legs numb and start to hurt. “May I sit down?” I asked politely.
Bam grunted and sprinted to the living seizing a chair and placed it in front of me where it half faced everyone in the living room.
“Yeah, sit. Be comfortable.” He again snapped.
Hesitantly, I sat setting my purse in my lap and looked at him uneasily. He grunted again and sat down in his arm chair in the same position. Staring like he was before, he gaped intently at me, and this time I looked back, but didn’t stare. Soon, my impatience voiced out. “What’s your problem?”
His eyes squinted at the sight of me, it seemed like he was disgusted with what he saw. He sighed loudly. “How can you be Ashley’s real daughter?”
“What do you mean?” I furrowed my eyebrows.
“How old are you?” he continued talking scornfully. And deeply, it hurt; the way he looked at me like he was of higher class, the way his voice sounded rude when he directed questions at me.
“16.”
“And how old is your mom?”
“30.” I answered similarly when Novak posed me.
After a moment, he spoke again. “So, she was 14 when she had you?” I nodded glumly.
“Do you mind explaining?” he raised his voice.
“What is there to explain? You slept with my mother on one drunken night and got her pregnant, while she was only 14!” I stood from my place in dismay and walked away from the chair, when my purse fell on the floor.
“Fucking great!” Bam shouted, standing from his place.

“Bam,” Novak warned, “it was that year in 8th grade, where she didn’t come to school and said she was getting home schooled.” He reminded.
“What the fuck?!” Bam yelled out in frustration again.
“Well, how do you think I feel?! Sixteen years of my life, I didn’t even know anything about my father. I had no clue if he was alive! I thought I didn’t have one! And I found out about this only two days ago, okay?! You’re not the only who’s frustrated about this!”
“Don’t yell at me like I’m the teenager here!”
“And don’t speak to me like I’m the dirt under your shoe!”
“Shut up, you cunt! It’s enough I’m dealing with your ass now!”

His words stung me like a metal rod hitting my stomach. My expression turned into one of pure incredulity. Is that what he thought of me?
“What d-did you call me?” My voice shook and I felt week, but at that moment, it didn’t matter if I didn’t look strong enough.
“A cunt. What, you don’t know what a cunt means? I swear, when I was your age I knew every cuss word invented.”
“I know what a cunt means.” I snarled, and then I frowned, “I just can’t believe you called me one.”
“Look, I can call you whatever I want! So if I think you’re a cunt then I’m sure as hell gonna call you one.”

I licked my lips and looked to the floor. But I quickly lifted it to meet everyone’s gaze. Suddenly, I felt embarrassed that my dad named me that hurtful word, that I felt rejected. These people didn’t know me, and they were most probably on Bam’s side. I stood alone and wanted nothing more to fall to the floor and sob. Ryan shot daggers at the back of Bam’s head, and Novak looked very concerned at me.

Tears rimmed the back of my eyes, and I used all my strength to push them back. I didn’t want Bam to see how much his words harmed me. I swiftly bent and picked up my purse digging my hand through and pulled out my cell phone. Hitting speed dial, I keenly waited for Mom to answer.

“Chloe?”
“Mom, come and pick me up right this instant!”
“What happened?” her voice soon became concerned.
“Bam doesn’t fucking believe me, and I wanna go home now!” A lump formed in my throat and I was holding back a whimper.
“Honey, I’m already on my way there. But listen, when I get there, I’ll straighten things out with Bam.”
“No! Pick me up and we’ll both go back home! Okay?!” I knew she wouldn’t listen to me and talk to him either way.
“Okay, honey. Calm down…” I could hear the desperation in her voice.
“Just hurry.” I quickly said and hung up and slipped the phone out of my hand as it hit the floor with a small thud.

My eyes fogged and my hand slapped my mouth, though a sob still managed to get out. I stood there whimpering and sobbing to myself, with my hand covering up my face. The cell rang and I gasped loudly as Girl I Know by Avenged Sevenfold boomed. I bended and whimpered on the floor, looking at the small screen it was mother but I didn’t answer and sobbed again on the floor, my body shaking as I hyperventilated.

“Bam, what the fuck is wrong with you?” Ryan screeched.
“Why the hell did you talk to your child like that?!” Missy bellowed.
“She’s your fucking daughter!” A voice recognized as Ville’s cried out.

Others were yelling obstinacies at Bam, but I ignored all the loud shouting and sobbed even louder. The phone stopped ringing but Bam’s tone shot from the entire ruckus happening around me. I stopped crying and still whimpered slightly. After a long minute, I sniffed and moved to sit against a wall, no one noticed as shouts exploded in the room. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them burying my head.

A soft palm stroked my forearm gently. Lifting my head, I met a pair of clear brown eyes that I knew so well. She pulled me into a tight warm hug as I wept on her shoulder. She caressed my back and kissed my cheek. “I love you, mom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama drama drama...

Let me tell you, this chapter was 9 pages long on Word, and I tried to find as much time as I could to write it while I was supposed to be studying for my midterms.
Now, updates are gonna be pretty slow in the upcoming week due to my exams, though I'll try to write as much as I could only because I've been liking the feedback I've been getting about this story.

Thanks to all those that commented already and subscribed. (:
I'd sure do love more comments though; I never get tired of them!

xoxo