Status: temporary hiatus.

Bam Margera's Responsibility

Compassion

“Chloe,” Novak whined from beside me.
“What?” I ask absentmindedly, chipping my purple nails even further.
“Change the channel,” he bleated again.
“Where’s the remote?”
“Over there, under the cushion,” he pointed to an armchair adjacent to the couch we were seated on.
“Alright, go get it then.” I responded, not looking up from my nails.
“It’s too far away!” he moaned, throwing his head back dramatically.
“No, it’s not. If you want it that bad, then you can get it yourself.” I finalized.
“Will you get it for me?” he asked, using his baby voice.
“Ugh!” I groaned looking up. Rapidly, I retrieved the remote and settled the channel on Fuse, then placed the controller under my thigh.
“I never said I wanted Fuse! Gimme the remote so I can change!” he yelled.
“Nope,” I blankly replied, fuming him even more.

“Chloe!!” I heard a beckon that sounded from the backyard. Jerking my head upwards, I sat up straightening my top over my shorts.

Leaving the couch, I audibly heard Novak shout triumphantly. I slid open the door to the backyard and found the remaining crew seated in a somewhat circle, some openly laughing hysterically on the grass. Approaching them, I spotted Bam with a bottle of Jaeger between his fingers. I fancied Jaeger and other forms of alcohol, though I would never tell Bam that. Though, drinking was fun and good, I would never overdo it. Mother always taught me to control my needs.

“Clo! Why don’t ya join us?” Dico shouted, apparently very smashed.
I took a seat beside Ville, who wasn’t drinking as enthusiastically as the others.
“Hey love,” he said, his green eyes gleaming in the cloudless day.
“Hey Ville,” I smiled softly, eyeing his choice of drinks. Jack Daniels, another favorite.
“Someone looks mighty sexy at 3 in the afternoon,” Raab sang, making me switch gazes to his lanky figure swaying into the yard.
“Of course I do,” I replied smirking.
“Here, here,” he chorused, downing his beverage.
I chuckled, watching Ville, Rake, Ryan, Dico, Raab and Bam raise their drinks.
“Yo, Clo!” my head whipped to the voice observing a bottle hurtling in my direction and just in time, I had caught it noticing it was a Jack Daniels.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Bam stood hurried to smack Dico beside him. “How could you give her JD, she’s only 16!” he scolded and ran to me, his face an inch away.
“Why don’t I get you something else?” he asked with a half smile.
“Um, do you have Freez?” I asked handing him the icy JD.
“Only on strawberry,” he took the JD.
“Alright,” I grinned as he chuckled and retrieved my Freez, tossing the bottle over to me.
I successfully caught it and twisted the cap, taking a sip from the cold substance.

“Thanks,” I half nodded smiling.
“You’re welcome.” He grinned.
“Aw, what a beautiful father-daughter moment!” Novak exclaimed, walking in.

“500 channels and there’s nothing good on!” I whined still flipping through channels.
“What was that?” Bam smirked walking into the TV room.
“You’ve got 500 channels and there’s nothing worth watching.”
“Just flip on MTV and watch my show.” He smiled proudly like he solved a difficult problem.
“Why would I want to do that?” I cocked an eyebrow.
“Burn!” Novak couldn’t help himself from shouting.
Ignoring Novak’s comment, Bam reprimanded. “Why wouldn’t you wanna do that?”
“I don’t feel like watching one of your shows right now,” I stated.
“And why the hell not? Don’t you like my shows?” he asked. I partially thought he was serious.
”It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that I’d rather watch something else.” I explained pointedly.
He collapsed on the couch beside me and had a serious expression. “First of all, young lady, you will put on MTV, you will watch my show, and you will stop answering me back!” he said in a strict fatherly tone.
“Holy shit, you just resembled Phil then!” Ville commented his eyes wide with impression then cackled with laughter with Novak who assumingly agreed.
I snorted and continued to switch channels until a familiar movie caught my eye. I settled on The Devil Wears Prada.

Suddenly, someone snatched the controller from my hand and switched the TV off.
“Hey! I was watching that!”
“I think it’d be best if we didn’t watch TV.” Bam said, raising his eyebrows for emphasis.
“And why not?” I retorted, crossing my arms.
“I think it’d be better if we all talked.” He grinned suggestively.
“About what?” I whined.
“About you,” Novak confirmed.
“What about me?”
“Why don’t you enlighten us with stories?” Ville advised.
“About…?” I cocked an eyebrow.
“Well, tell us about school.” Bam added.
“School’s over.” I crossed my arms and smirked.
“Well,” he said in an impatient tone. “Why don’t you tell us about your band?”
“What about it?”
“Will you stop asking questions?” Novak snapped.
“Why don’t you guys tell me what you wanna hear?”
“Do you have a boyfriend?” Bam inquired as Novak and Ville listened in, obviously finding this an appropriate question.
“What, are you going to pry into my personal life?” I smirked, noticing his protectiveness.
“No, I’m just asking.” Bam stated innocently.
“Right,” I rolled my eyes. “No, I don’t have one.”
“She’s lying!” Novak belted. Ville’s head whipped to my direction.
“Are you?”
“No, I really don’t have a boyfriend.” I assured.
“Oh my God! Bam, can you honestly believe that?!” he yelled to Bam, who had his eyebrows contorted and confused by Novak’s outburst. “I mean, come on! Look at her! She’s so fucking hot! If I was a teenager, I’d fucking bang her! Would you actually believe she doesn’t have a boyfriend?! That’s bullshit. I mean, Ville, we’re men and we think she’s a fucking goddess. Imagine what those hormonal driven teenage dudes would be thinking!”
My jaw dropped and soon on my face, there was a sick and horrified expression.
Bam instinctively chucked his shoe on Novak’s face, knocking over his bottle holding beer to spill over the carpeted floor.
“You’d bang me?!” I asked, shocked.
“Fuck yeah!” he rapidly nodded.
“WHAT?!” Bam howled.
“I mean, I wouldn’t now.” He said slowly, intimidated by Bam’s fuming expression. “But if I was a teenager, I would.” He finished off in a whisper.
“Shutup, you fuckwit! Don’t fucking talk about my daughter like that!” he bellowed. Although, I felt a wave of gratitude from Bam, however I did feel like he was taking Novak’s comment more seriously than I thought.
“Relax, dude! Take as a compliment, Clo.” He grinned at me.
Sarcastically, I lifted my eyebrows but let a humorous smile form on my lips. After all, I was amused by this whole argument.

Later

“I love your room.” I commented, my stomach against the mattress.
“Yeah? It’s a mess.” Ville chuckled.
“Indeed,” I observed a pile of forgotten clothes at the corner of the room. “But it reflects you, I guess.”

He grinned and attempted to clean. He grabbed a pair of dress shoes and placed at the bottom of the closet. While he continued, I took this as an opportunity to gaze around. There was a desk against the plum wall. Papers were crammed over the table. Some were written on and crunched and others had verses of songs and were neatly over each other apart from the others that were rejected.

Turning my head, I noticed some framed pictures above the headboard. Some were of Bam and Ville, and others were of Ville and the rest of the band. Also, there was an IPod with white earphones wrapped around it and beside it was a large cellphone. I lifted myself off the mattress and crossed my feet as I sat at the right edge of the double bed. I inspected the phone, holding the silver device in my palm.

“Is this your phone?” I asked a Ville who was chucking the pile of shirts from the floor into drawers.
“Oh yeah,” he replied, glancing for a second then returning to his task.
“I love it. Looks like a pager,” I added as I unlocked it, a screen popping into view. “Oh, you’ve got two messages.” I said, catching his attention and extended my arm for him to grab it.
“I do?” he murmured to himself, taking the phone from me. He sat beside me and opened them. As he read them, I took notice of the loud laughter that belonged to Raab from downstairs, causing me to smile to myself.
I propped my chin in my palm to find Ville sighing and locking his cell.
“They’re from Jonna.”
“Oh yeah?” I smiled at the mention of his fiancée.
“Yeah, telling me she misses me and asking when I’m going back to Finland.” He smiled to me.
“Aww.” I smiled back, warmly. “You miss her?”
He heavily sighed. “To be honest, I came to Westchester so I can get away from her for a while.”
“Oh,” I muttered, looking away and regretting my question. Ville, however, caught my glance.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why?” he posed, grinning.
“Well, it’s not really my business.” I said politely.
“Yes it is. We’re friends now.” He emphasized, nudging my arm jokingly.
“Oh, we are?” I asked sarcastically.
“Mhm,” he nodded. “Well, I’m having doubts.” He explained simply.
“For what?”
“Well, for marrying her, I guess. She’s so eager and can’t wait for it, but I’m dreading it. I feel like it’s all a big mistake.”
“Have you been recently having doubts or have you been feeling this way for a while?”
“Well, I’m not gonna lie. It’s been quite a while.”
“Have you tried talking to her about it?”
“Once and that didn’t go too well.”
“What happened?”
“About two months ago, she was stressing me out, wanting me to set a date. But at that time, I had an excuse that I’ve been working a lot with the band and Seppo. I was done with work for a month but I kept on going with the lie, because I didn’t want her to pressure me again. So, she’s been calling people and before I came here to Westchester, she asked me if she can pick the date herself but I told her that that wasn’t a good idea and that I didn’t know what Seppo had in store for me when I got back to Finland. Right now, she keeps texting me and calling, every time asking me when I’ll be back. And till now, I haven’t given her a precise answer. And basically, I know I’m running away from this. But I don’t want to face her…” he said in a whisper.
“But you know you’re gonna have to sometime, right?” I asked, considerately.
“Yeah, I know.” Suddenly, his frown lifted. “Just so you know, you, Linde and Bam are the only people I’ve told about this.”
“Oh, what an honor.” I smirked, placing a hand to my chest dramatically.
“It is.” He agreed, chuckling. “Thank you.” he added with a sincere smile.
“For what?” I asked, puzzled.
“For making me feel better, for being here, for understanding and not judging, for simply being a wonderful, gorgeous and compassionate person to vent on.” He explained.
“You’re welcome.” I said, turning my stare to the wall facing me, my cheeks a faint pink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter, a secret will be revealed and probably will be out in the next couple of days.
Thanks to all those who commented and are supporting me throughout this story. :)
I'm glad people are enjoying as much as I'm having fun writing it.

xoxo