Trying to Stay Alive

At school

When i got to school no one picked on me. Well they did call me names but no one hit me at all. I was happy that i didnt run into Frankie or Mikey or Haley or Nikki. But i had Nikki and Mikey in my 3rd block class so even though i saw them i made sure they didnt see any of my bruises. I was doing really good until Mikey walked over to me and saw them.

"What the hell happened to you" he asked
"Oh i um... fell in my closet when i was getting clothes" i lied and Mikey touched my cheek and i winced.
"Damn Karla you really hurt yourslef"
"Yea i know i'm clumsy" and before he could say anything the bell rang and i ran out of the room adn went to my next block which was also the last block of the day. I walked in and Sat in the back and in walked Frankie and Haley. Haley sat next to me and Frankie sat a few rows up. He looked back at me and had a worried look on his face.

"So Haley hows the first day" i asked
"Oh its great but i dotn really know anyone but you" she said and i saw Frankie pass a paper back and it ended at Haley and she looked at it and looked to the direction it came from. She saw Frankie and he pointed to me. She passed it to me and i read it.

so why are there bruises on her face and you can tell me the truth.

i fell in my closet

right i know that thats now what a fall in a closet does unless it has knuckles

how can you see knuckle imprints?

im not blind tell me the truth

ok fine i hurt myself cause i hate my parents

are you sure

yep

ok but you know you can tell me anything right

well i do know

k well ill be here for you

thanks


"So is that your boyfriend" Haley asked
"No hes a freind from online and we just started hanging out"
"Oh he seems like he really likes you"
"I dont think so"
"Well hes hot i would go for him if i were you"
"Thanks but i cant have a boyfriend right now. My parents wouldn't approve of me dating anyways"
"Why are they in total control of your life?"
"Somewhat" i said and thankfully the bell rang again. Today was a half day so i was happy. I ran out of the room fast and ran to my locker. I threw my things in there and started to leave. I got out of the school but was stopped by Frankie and Mikey and Nikki.

"Sorry guys i cant hang out i have to go home i'll talk to ya later" i said and walked away from them. I'm only doing what my parents want so i dont get hurt. i'm sick of having bruises every other day.