Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 1

I don’t know why I didn’t run. I had every reason too; the adrenaline running through my veins was making my legs shake. I wasn’t frozen in place with fear. No not fear

The body of the man made a heavy thud as he dropped to the ground. The dark figure looked down at the man that he had killed. He had saved my life, the man in the shadows. The robber had pulled me down an ally on a rather empty street. This man had stopped anything that might have happened.

He looked up at me; I caught a glimpse of his face as he looked me in eyes. His skin was pale white and smooth. His lips were red and full. Perfect. His eyes glowed grey and silver. I ran then. I turned the opposite direction and ran as fast as I could until I could go no further.

That was four years ago. That was the first time I have looked upon a super human. A man or sometimes women that the government made indestructible, as guardians for humans; I did know it at the time when I had looked upon my savior that night four years ago, but I knew now.
Super humans were dangerous we knew that now to. At first, we welcomed the protection from the dangers outside the walls, not knowing there would be a price behind it all. Of course, that there would even be a price. There always was though.
Disappearances, murders, things like that started happening and the government did nothing to stop it. In fact, they shushed it all up. Then we understood, the price.

Though it has been four years, our lives have become accustomed to these night guardians. The disappearances became a part of everyday life and we do go on with our lives…

~ ~ ~

“Good night Rory.” Beth said from behind the counter of the hospital as I checked myself out.
“Good night Beth.” I replied with a smile. I was doing an apprenticeship at the hospital while I went to med school. The hospital was really the only place I felt comfortable. Saving people, helping them get better…I loved it.

I walked out onto the street. It was raining lightly and I pulled my hood over my head and made my way down the sidewalk. Few were out this time of night, and it was cold. I pulled my fingerless gloves over my hands and crossed the street. A few cars passed and I looked up at the sky.
The two moons were hardly visible between the clouds. The green and blue shine they have reflected off the pools of water, giving the night an eerie glow. My apartment was just a few blocks from the school and hospital, so I didn’t have long to walk. Which meant less likely of a chance of getting into trouble.

I suddenly had the feeling of being watched so I spun on my toes to look behind me. There was no one. A few people were in the restaurants’ and a couple across the street were saying goodnight to someone as they shut a door and started walking together holding hands.

I shook the feeling from myself, hurried home, and locked the door behind me. I hung my coat and stuffed the gloves in the pockets and made myself a quick dinner, took a shower, and went to bed. I looked at my clock, one o’clock it read. I sighed and turned over and pulled the blankets up to my chin and fell asleep.

I woke startled by something and sat up in bed. I looked around but everything was silent and I ran my hand down my face and looked at the clock. Three in the morning, I had hardly even fallen asleep.

Something moved in the corner of my eye and I turned. A figure stood in the dark, I opened my mouth but he was faster and he threw his hand over my mouth tightly.

“SHH.” He hissed quietly, “I’m not here to hurt you. Do you promise not to scream if I let my hand down?” He asked quietly. I stood unmoving, shock, and fear. Who was this man?
I licked his hand, he took it from my mouth, and I smiled. What was I doing? This man could be here to kill me and I was licking his hand like a child? I must be going mad.

“I won’t scream if you leave now.” I told him just as quietly.

He let out a quiet sigh, “You must listen to me. They are coming for you, and they will kill you if they get a hold of you. You must leave immediately. Take only cash with you and never come back.” He said headed for the window, which I noticed was open now and he stepped out onto the fire escape, “They’ve found you, I’m sorry, please you must leave.” Then he was gone. I dressed quickly, grabbed my bag and reached for the lock on my door.

“What am I doing?” I asked myself. I was about to obey a man that came through my window and told me to leave my house. What a smart idea. I dropped my bag onto the ground, turned off the lights, went back to my room, and collapsed on my bed, fully dressed.

Then I heard the hallway floorboard squeak and I bolted upright in bed. There suddenly, were two dark figures in my room. I opened my mouth, but they grabbed my mouth with a cloth and I passed out with the smell of a strong chemical burning my nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again I'm only giving you chapter one until I finish posting the other story. SO make sure you read and choose your favorite one and comment/vote on the story you want me to continue!
_CORRI_