Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 2

I woke up with someone talking to me, “That’s right, wake up.” The deep voice told me. I looked up at him. He was dressed in a long black coat, his hair was cut short, and his eyes were blue. Pure blue that were so vibrant I thought they were fake
.
“Now little girl.” He touched my face but I pulled back. I was in a chair; my hands were tied behind me tightly. He chuckled and dropped the hand, “I want you to tell me where he is.” He said gently.
“I don’t know who you’re talking about.” I said honestly.
He growled frustrated, “The superhuman that visited you in your apartment and saved your life four years ago. We know he was there, now where did he go?”
“I-that was him?” I asked surprised. The same man that saved me four years ago, a super human, had been in my room last night.
“Hurry up Jack. The suns down.” The other man in the shadows spoke up. He was dressed the same way, only he had brown eyes that were vibrant as well.
“Shut it Will.” He hissed turning back to me, “Where did he go? What does he want with you?” He demanded leaning closer to me.

I shook my head, “I don’t know.” He let out a sigh. “Pity.” He turned his back to me.
“People are going to wonder where I went.” I tried to sound convincing. The man looked at me with a smirk, “Does it look like we care?” He asked standing next to the other man. Then I realized who I was looking at, or what I was looking at. Super humans; Government, what did they want with me? Or the other super human for that matter? They talked quickly and quietly so I didn’t catch a word but then Jack came over and grabbed me off the chair.

He swung me over his shoulder like a sack. His grip was strong and I was unable to get myself free. They took me through a door to outside. The dim yellow glow of the old street lights lit the wet ground. The uneven stone ran along the street. Everything stunk of fish and I knew we were at the old port that was no longer used. Empty warehouses lined the street, there broken glass reflected years of weather. There was a slight breeze and a shiver ran down my body. It was cold.

The two men walked along and old wooden dock. The man named Jack then dropped me onto my feet but gripped the ropes securing my hands behind my back. I struggled to get free, but his strength was superior. He pulled back in a swift jerk and held me there.

I looked over the edge of the dock. The black water silently moved back and forth in a transfixing motion. The yellow lights of the street didn’t even seem to affect the black water. Suddenly Jack began to loop something around the ropes of my hands and then began tying my feet. Then he forced me to my knees. I looked up and saw an old pulley system above me with a thick rope hanging from it. The other man was holding the opposite end of the rope as Jack tied the other end to me.

My eyes widened. “NO!” I yelled and Jack quickly slapped his hand over my mouth.
“Shut up.” He growled quietly. “Will, hand me that.” Jack said nodding to something. Will let go of the other end of the rope and pulled something out of a box and threw it to Jack. It was an old rag. Jack threw it around my mouth and tightly tied it.

The taste was like old fish, dirt, algae, and everything else gross and slimy. My nose scrunched, I wanted to gag. But my life was on the line, I could handle the taste and smell if it meant I could go free. But I knew they wouldn’t. Tears began to flow from my eyes and I couldn’t wipe them away. My body shook, from the cold and fear.

“Now, now…there’s nothing to be afraid of.” The man wiped my tears. I glared at him, I was angry too. I would have spit on him if I could. He simply laughed quietly, “Well maybe there is a little to be afraid of. But you don’t have to fear us.” He grinned, “This is an easy way out.” He got to his feet and suddenly I was being lifted off the ground. My feet where tied to my hands so even when I hit the water, I wouldn’t be able to swim to safety.

My back was arched painfully, but the adrenaline running through my veins numbed that. They hoisted me until I was three feet off the ground then they turned the pulley so I was hanging over the black water. The mist sprayed my face, and the wind picked up; so cold.

I began to thrash, hoping one of their knots would loosen and I would be free, or even better, wake up from this nightmare. The pulley groaned slightly from my weight. They hung me over the water for a minute then slowly began to lower me until my nose was nearly touching the black water.

“I would take a deep breath if I were you.” One of them said. I took a breath instinctively then suddenly the dark water took me into its clutches.
I held back the instinct to scream when the cold water hit my skin like a million prickling needles. I tried to kick to get to the surface but my feet were tied to my hands. I could hardly move and I was using air with the effort. My body began to turn slowly and I faced upwards looking at the surface as I began to sink. The water was so dark I could barely make out the yellow lamps from the street above.

I could see dark figures moving on the dock. They were probably laughing at me. I sunk lower and soon there was no light. I could hear the soft waves hitting the docks above and I closed my eyes. My lungs had a little air left.

This is it. This is how I die… My lungs were nearly out of air and I closed my eyes. Everything was black anyway. There wasn’t anything to watch anymore. I heard a splash somewhere in the water above. Then I felt ground beneath my hands. I only had seconds of air left. Something cold touched my hands but I didn’t move. It was probably some strange bottom feeder that would feast on my flesh when I was gone.

I could even feel its thick tentacles wrap around my wrist and pull. To my surprise I actually moved. It didn’t matter now, I was dying. The tentacles pulled me and the water whirled around me. How fast could it swim?

But then my hair suddenly stuck to my face and the cold air hit my skin and I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. My head and the tops of my shoulders were just barely out of the water. The tentacles were still gripped to my wrists. I didn’t pay any attention to that. I was breathing in the cool air. I was alive!

The tentacles around my wrist pulled again and lifted me to the dock a few feet above me. They pulled me onto the wood and laid me down on my stomach. I heard the ropes brake then fall from my wrists and feet. I grabbed the rag and pulled it away from my mouth closed my eyes and took such a deep breath I nearly choked on air. I coughed and rolled onto my back and started laughing. It was a miracle. I shouldn’t be alive. I opened my eyes. The dark sky threatened to rain again but I didn’t care. I lifted myself to my elbows and looked around and realized that I wasn’t alone.

A man stood with his back to me. He was pushing a large body over the edge of the dock. The white face, faced me before it rolled off into the black water. Jack had been his name. I looked at the dark figure. He didn’t turn around, he watch the black water where the body had dropped. Then he finally took a silent breath as his shoulders lifted and dropped. He spun on his heels and faced me. I realized then he was dripping wet, they weren’t tentacles before, they hand been fingers.

I screamed. He jumped forward and put his hand over my mouth but I still screamed. He was here. He’s come back to kill me. My heart pounded in my ears and throat.
“Will you please stop screaming?” He asked calmly. I stopped.
“Thank you.” He smiled.
I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, like I said, I'm only adding one more chapter to my stories. So vote/comment or subscribe to the story you want me to continue after I finish 'where in the world am I' if you haven't already!

_CORRI_