Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 12

“Look out!” Someone yelled and I ducked just in time. It had been three days since I had met Blue and she was simply amazing. She ate breakfast with me every morning, and she hung out with me around the infirmary most of the day. She was a good assistant, and the patients really liked her calm easy chat, it kept them distracted. I was walking through the open area that was a popular spot for games and I decided I wanted to watch or maybe join in.

A ball hit the wall above me and I caught it off the ricochet. It was a soccer ball, a boy came running up, “Thanks!” He smiled taking the ball from me then looked at me for a moment, “Hey! You’re the ice cream girl!” He smiled. I did recognize him, it was the boy who’s arm was broken.

“I’m Rory.” I told him, “Lance right?” I asked and he nodded.
“You shouldn’t be doing anything with that arm for a good long while Lance. It will take time to heal.” I said bending down to check it, but to my surprise, there was no splint on it or anything.

“It’s already healed though.” He pouted.
“That’s…not possible.” I said quietly in shock at I ran my hand over his arm. Sure enough, it was healed. I stood up straight and looked in his eyes, “Your right. It is.” I said a little dazed.

“Of course it is silly!” He smiled, “Come play with us!” He took my hand and led me to his waiting friends. I couldn’t really concentrate on the game though, how was it possible for a broken bone to be healed in three days? The answer: No it wasn’t.

~ ~ ~ ~

The children soon learned that I was no match for them. I didn’t understand it myself, they were amazing, they moved with lightning reflexes, and never seemed to run out of energy. Soon my team was winning badly and I felt bad, because I knew it was my fault.

They called for a time out and I collapsed onto the hard ground, “Why don’t I just….be referee?” I offered.
Lance shook his head, “No it’s alright we can catch up and win.” He assured me trying not to hurt my feelings.

“Really I’m exhausted I don’t think I’ll be able to walk for a while anyhow. They reluctantly let me sit the game out. I watched intently on the ball but even then, it was hard to tell what was happening, they were so fast. I caught a few of them pushing each other with their hands and called them out for it. Soon enough Lance’s team was slowly gaining back, but they still lost by four points all the kids came over to catch their breaths.

“Thanks for being fair, it’s hard to find someone that wants to actually watch and can be fair.” Some little girl thanked me.
“Sure it was fun.” I smiled.
“Can you do it again sometime?” Another boy asked.
“I don’t see why not.” I shrugged.
“RORY!” I heard someone yell. I looked up to see Dave waving at my from the other side of the room urgently. “Sorry guys.” I said standing up and running over to Dave.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“You’re needed in the Infirmary, come on.” He turned on his heel and started running lightly the other way I stepped up and followed him.

We reached the hospital a few minutes later, I washed my hands and pulled my hair out of my face and threw an apron over my head and tied it and went to where Dave pointed.

“Tell me.” I said as soon as I was near. On the bed was a man of about twenty with thick black hair and a strong face. His eyes were shut tight and he was shaking madly, close to a seizer. I pulled out a small bright flashlight, pulled back his eyelids, and flashed the light across to see his pupil dilation reaction time.

“He was out, got into some trouble, can you help him?” A man told me, I looked up at him, he was familiar but I didn’t have time to think about it. I grabbed the shirt where blood was pouring from and cut it back away from the wound.

“He’s going into Hypovolemic shock, hand me those there.” I pointed to a small table where the medical instruments lay, he handed me the large white medical rag. “I need to stop the bleeding before I can see the extent of the damage.” I applied pressure over the wound. “I need you to hold this here, hard.” I told him. He didn’t hesitate he nodded and stepped forward and put his hand where mine had been when I let go.

I grabbed the syringe from the table and plunged the needle into the arm of the man. Three seconds later his body began to react; his violent shaking began to slow. The other helpers came over, they knew more about medical procedures and the man backed away from the bed reluctantly and watched.

“How did this happen?” I asked as one of the helpers handed me a pair of medical pliers. “He…there was an accident, something drove into him, there may be pieces-” He stopped talking as I pulled out a small shred of silver metal. “This?” I asked dropping the pieces into the tin bowl by the table. He nodded his head once.

It took nearly a half hour to dig out all the shrapnel, once I thought I had it all I sewed up the wound. I washed my hands of the blood, and threw the apron in the bin and walked out of the room wiping my hands with the towel.

The man was still there, I noticed now his face was ashen, he looked tired. He watched the man with the wound sleep, he seemed to be staring off at something distant, not seeing him at all. “He’ll be fine.” I said quietly coming up. There was no one else awake in the infirmary, just a few patients who were sleeping.

“Thank you.” He said looking up at me. Then I realized where I had seen him before.
“Harvey.” I said surprise and recognition written all over my face. He nodded his head once, “You remembered.” His arms were folded over his chest in a thoughtful way.

“How could I forget?” I nearly growled, I threw the towel down on the table near the bed and picked up the bin of metal pieces and moved to throw it out.

“No.” He said shaking his head, “I’ll take those.” He held out his hand for the bin.
I raised one eyebrow but didn’t protest; he nodded his head once then began to leave. “Wait.” I said turning to face his back, he looked over his shoulder, I took a breath, “How….how is he?” I asked, nearly pleaded.

He turned fully to look at me, “Who?” He asked.
“Don’t play dumb, Damien…how is he?”
An unreadable expression came over his face then quickly left, and his face held no emotion, “He’s alive.” He shrugged and left quickly. I growled in frustration and stared where he had left long after he had long.

“Easy there she wolf.” I spun to see Dave.
“What do you want?” I pushed past him to hook an I.V to the man.
“Just came to see if everything went alright, is all.” He shrugged.

I sighed, “Anything else? I just want to be alone.” I finished with the I.V and made my way out around the infirmary to make sure everyone was all right. It amazed me how quickly everyone was healing, though I was grateful that they were.

“I’m sorry.” He said, “I know you want to see your blood sucker, though I don’t understand why.” He snarled.
I spun to face him, “He’s different.”
He shrugged, “Whatever you say sweet heart, but a blood sucker is a blood sucker to me either way.”

I was left to fume; luckily, the infirmary was one of the quieter places to think. So I didn’t leave, I pulled up two chairs next to the man and stretched out in them. I stared off with my arms folded over my chest. Nothing was going the way I had planned, I had expected to save lives in a hospital, not in a cave under the ground. They wouldn’t even let me see Damien, he’s saved my life and I owe him everything, even if I didn’t like to admit it.

I let out a sigh; I needed to figure something out. Hours passed, it was evening by now, and my stomach growled but I ignored it. The two other patients left when I checked up on them and told them they were well enough now. So it was only me, and the man.

“There you are.” Blue came in holding a tray of food, the smell made my stomach growl terribly.
“Hi Blue.” I smiled half-heartedly.
“Why so down?” She asked placing the tray in my lap, “I’ve been looking for you, and when Dave told me the story, I thought I might find you here.” She smiled and touched my check. “You’re so pale, you need to eat.” She pointed to the food and pulled up a chair.

“Well he’s hot.” Blue said looking at the man in the bed. I rolled my eyes as I bit into the sandwich, “Well he is, I don’t see him too often, he’s normally out, so I don’t ever get to really get a good look at him.” She told me with a shrug. I finished the sandwich, soup, and cookies she had brought. Then we sat and chatted, and I told her about Damien.

“I just want to see him, to make sure he’s alright. If anything happens to him, has happened, I feel responsible, he saved my life. He may be a…Vampire…” I choked out the word, it felt weird, “But he’s my friend. He’s not like the others, he’s never harmed me, he even saved my life from two others of his kind. They were after him for some reason…but you know that already.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Yeah we do know they are after him, but we don’t know why exactly. That’s still a mystery.” She shrugged, “And you talked to Jessie?”

“Yes.” I growled. Blue left soon after, it was getting late, but I wasn’t tired, and it was quiet here, so I stayed. I stretched my legs out on the chair Blue had used and relaxed.

~ ~ ~ ~

I woke with a start, I was slumped back against the chairs I had pulled up, my legs were still stretched out in front of me and my arms were folded across my chest. I looked around, it must have been well after midnight I stretched my stiff neck and back and looked down at the man.

The light next to his bed was on, but other than that, the entire room was dark. I put my hand on his forehead; his fever was gone. I pulled out my stethoscope, his heart rate was normal as well.

“That’s cold and it tickles.” I jumped in surprise pulling back the stethoscope quickly. His eyes slowly opened and he looked at me, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” He apologized and cleared his throat. I poured him a glass of water, gave it to him, and helped situate the pillows so he could sit up without straining himself.

“It’s fine.” I told him as he drank, “How are you feeling?” I asked pulling out my small light I ran it over his eyes to test his pupil dilation. He squinted.
“Sorry.” I apologized.
“It’s alright, just doing your job.” He shrugged, “I feel fine actually.” He handed me the cup and I placed it on the table.
“What happened exactly?” I asked sitting down once more.
He shrugged, “I was out, got into an accident, something drove into me…”He said touching his side where the wound had been sewn, “I think you saved my life.” He smiled.

“Just doing my job…like you said.” I smiled in return. He was…hot…as Blue had said, I couldn’t deny that. His black hair was a thick mop, he had green eyes with flecks of gold, he had a strong face to, a chiseled chin, and high cheekbones. His voice was rough and he had a great smile.

“Well you have my thanks; I am in your debt.” He smiled with a nod then looked around, “Where is everyone?” He asked me.
“Sleeping, it’s pretty late, you brought in a while ago, the drug helped you sleep this long. I haven’t left, I just need somewhere quiet to think…” I shook my head with a sigh.

“I know the feeling.” He assured me, “Now how about we go get something to eat? I’m starved.” He smiled throwing the blankets off to reveal the rest of his stomach, which may I add, was entirely ripped.
I stood up, “I don’t think that’s such a great idea, you just had surgery, I don’t think you should be walking around.” I said putting a hand on his shoulder to stop him from getting up.

“I feel fine.” He assured me.
I looked at his side that I had sewn not eight hours ago. I sat back down to his level to get a closer look, “Impossible…”I whispered. His side looked as if he had had the surgery two weeks ago, not hours. I put some light pressure on it and he sucked in a breath, “I still hurts.” He told me with a smile.

“That…you should be exhausted, hurting more, and your wound…it shouldn’t…”I shook my head. He grinned.
“I’m a quick healer.” He told me standing, “How about some food?”
“I’m not hungry.” I said still staring at his side.
“Well who knows I may need you to do surgery on me again.” He winked, “Come on it will be fun.” He held out a hand.
“The kitchens are probably closed; I really don’t think anyone is going to be out cooking this late.” I told him, still not taking his out stretched hand.

“I can cook for myself.” He took my hand, pulled me to my feet, and led me down the hall at a slow walk. He shouldn’t have been on his feet at all for the next week, yet here he was, hours after a surgery walking and talking about how hungry he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok ok, I realized in my last authors note I worded something pretty confusingly.
THere will be romance you all, what story doesnt have romance? = P I was just stating the fact that this will not be a normal teenage girl that falls in love with her vampire captive love story is all. Anywhoooo. Hope you all enjoyed the new chapter!

Comments are loved and banners are too!
_CORRI_