Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 24

“What are you doing here?!” I nearly yelled. He grabbed me, pulled me into my room, and shut the door quietly. Then turned back around and sat on the floor in front of me. “What are you doing here?” I repeated a little less loudly, “I thought you were dead!” I hissed.

“That’s what I needed you to think.” He said seriously, “And as to what I am doing here? Well I just got back from the city.” He said pulling his hood back. His gray silver eyes shone brightly in the poorly lit room. “When I heard the news that you were alright I decided to come visit you.”

I started crying for a few reasons: I was angry. I was relieved. And I was happy to see him again.

“Shh.” He said reaching out his hand to touch my cheek, “Your alright.” I pushed forward and hugged him. “I thought you were dead.” I told him again.
He let out a sigh, “I know, but it’s what I wanted.” I hit him hard in the chest and he actually grunted, “You had no right to let me believe you were dead!” I told him standing up. I headed for the door, I wasn’t sure what I was doing, but I had to go somewhere. There were people that owed me explanations, I swung open the door only to bump into Mason. His eyes went wide in surprise, and then looked behind me, they narrowed into slits and deep vibration started in his chest.

You.” I accused venomously; he ignored me.
“Leave.” He spoke to Damien.
“Stay.” I turned to Damien then looked at Mason. I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and pulled down, “You lied to me.” I hissed, Mason was shocked, “You lied to me and I trusted you. Damien is my guest, if you or anyone else has a problem with that then you can tell them to come see me.” I pushed Mason back, slammed the door in his face, and turned the lock. I guess I wouldn’t be leaving after all.

“You.” I said pointing an accusing finger. Damien actually took a step back, “Sit.” I pointed to a chair next to the fireplace. He took two steps and sat down. I threw a few logs into the embers and waited a moment for the flames to grow before I spoke.

“What have you been doing?” I asked. I looked up at Damien, It was so good to see him again. To have someone you cared for come back to life…it was a strange sensation.

Now that he was here, I was confused. Should I love him? Did I still love him? Yes, the simple answer was yes. I did love Damien, but not in the way, I loved Mason, Damien….was like a protector. My guardian, Mason was my Love.

“Spying and getting information for Jessie.” Damien said. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. There was a loud pounding at my door and it didn’t stop.
“Rory! Open up!” To my surprise, it was Jessie’s voice. I looked at Damien then opened the door and stood my ground.
“Let me in.” Jessie said. Mason and Harvey were on either side of him. I let them in, went, and stood by Damien.

“We had a deal.” Mason spoke to Damien, fists clenched at his sides. Jessie held up his hand and silenced him.
“Mason is right. We had a deal, you were to be dead. We let you go.” Jessie reminded him.
Damien remained silent, “Furthermore your dangerous-”
“-shut up Jessie.” I nearly growled, cutting him off in mid sentence. I had had enough of his crap talk, “Back off.” I hissed, “I’m leaving, with Damien. I will have nothing to do with your people, and I’m taking Damien with me. Try to harm him and I will send information to the Vampires. So help me I will. You treat him like dirt, like your better than everyone else. You’re not. Damien may be a Vampire but he has feelings, and he has more of a heart than I have ever seen from you.” I spat, “Come on Damien.” I grabbed his wrist and pulled him past them.

“Rory.” Mason took a step forward, but Harvey stopped him, “Let her go.” Harvey looked to Jessie but he was still in shock from the way I had spoken to him. I stormed down the black tunnel Damien walking silently next to me, the wolves standing guards looked up but I ignored them.

“Crap.” I muttered under my breath. I wasn’t able to climb the small rocks up the to the top, “I’ve got it.” Damien finally spoke. He lifted me behind him and helped me onto his back. I held on and he jumped with agility from rock to rock. Not as smooth or as balanced as the wolves, but he managed well enough.

He set me onto the ground and I started in the direction of the willow trees. I didn’t know where else to go. Damien seemed to deem it wise to remain silent; I was too confused to be happy about him being here anymore. Because it seemed that whenever he showed up, trouble seemed to follow. When we got to the willow trees, I collapsed onto the ground and curled up next to the trunk of one of the willows. Hot tears ran down my cheeks. My heart felt as if it were tearing in two.

Damien sat down next to me and stared off into the distance, and I continued to cry. Slowly as the sun rose and dried the dew, my eyes began to close.

~ ~ ~ ~

When I woke up, I knew I was dreaming. It felt real, but somehow I knew. Another dream. I looked around, I was in the field again, long grass flowed with the wind. I looked around, where were all the wolves? Before there had been hundreds of them, sitting play, lying in the grass. Now, it was empty, lonely even.
“Hello?” I called out. My voice echoed, I noticed there weren’t even any butterflies.

I looked down to my feet; blood. I gasped and took a step back, now that I looked, I saw blood everywhere, I ran; following the blood. I ran threw a thicket of trees then came to another clearing, then stopped cold in my tracks. A small creek ran down, dead wolves were everywhere. Some were being dragged into cages by Vampires, one look over and saw me. His blue eyes pierced my body, the rims were blood red, he showed his teeth.
They were taking prisoners, but why? I saw Blue bound hand and foot being dragged towards a cage, she was unconscious, and a trail of blood was left behind her. “STOP!” I cried out, and my world went black.

~ ~ ~ ~

“Rory?” I opened my eyes, “Rory?”
I looked up at him and sat up silently, “You alright?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“We should get going.” He said standing up. I looked down at the little white flowers; I picked one, took in its sent, and then put it in my pocket. I rode piggyback on Damien, he was faster then I remembered him being. He ran until it was late in the afternoon. Neither of us spoke a word, nor did we feel like we had to. We each had our own problems at the moment.
“Stop.” I told him finally, “Stop.”

My head had been aching for the past hour, and something didn’t feel right. Damien set me down and I took a few steps and closed my eyes. My head pounded against my skull, it felt like people were screaming inside of my head.

“Rory.” I looked at him, and he pointed to the sky, I looked up. Full moon. My eyes widened, the sun wasn’t down, but the moon was visible. Tonight, I would turn into a wolf. Suddenly I was afraid and nervous and wished Mason was here. Yet, he had lied to me. It would take time for me to forgive him. Then there was a long loud howl, far, far in the distance. Both Damien and I turned and listened.

“You hear that?” Damien asked crouching slightly. I nodded, “Yeah…I did.” I said. Then, there is was again, another howl still far off. Damien tilted his head to the side, then tilted his chin up, and howled. I was caught by surprise, I stared at him, as he howled a full wolf sounding howl then dropped off. The echo remained, I opened my mouth, but he was replied with another howl. This time it was calling back, and it was closer.

Damien let off another howl. Not so long this time, we listened. The howl replied, it was still miles off, but closing the distance quickly. Damien let off another short howl, and again it was replied. A mile this time, it was fast. Damien gave a last long call then remained silent. I heard something snap close by and then a large wolf jumped out from the trees and stopped. Breathing heavily, it stood there a moment catching its breath. Dried blood matted its fur in places.

Then I recognized the wolf, it was Jason. How could I forget such easily recognizable markings? “Jason?” I asked. He looked up at me as he turned back into his human form. Then he fell to the ground, burying his head in his hands and wept. I ran forward and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Jason, what is it? What’s wrong?” I asked worried. He cried for a full two minutes, unable to speak, I had never seen a grown man cry as he was crying, before.
“Jason!” I said finally, “JASON!” I yelled at him then slapped him. It was the only thing I could think of doing, “Pull yourself together, and tell me what is going on!” I yelled at him, I was panicking. Something was terribly wrong.

“They came.” He said between breaths, “They came without any warning, like phantoms…they never attacked during the day before…” he shook his head, he shook from head to toe, “There were hundreds of them…”He started to sob again, “They took Blue Rory..” He cried, “They took her. I tried to save her, but she told me to find you instead…to get help. I didn’t know what else to do, so I ran.” He cried. My eyes widened and I looked at Damien. He was looking off into the distance, back towards the caves.

“Damien.” I breathed out in disbelief.
He looked at me, and for the first time I saw how dangerous he could possibly be, I saw the monster everyone feared, they had reason to fear. His eyes glowed silver, he let out a deep growl, then before my eyes, he turned, into a beast. He looked half wolf half human, but larger. He had short black fur, longer legs with longer paws and talons. Almost like he had stopped transforming half way between human and wolf.

I gasped, “Damien…your…a wolf?”
He looked up at me, and his voice came smoothly into my mind, “No.” He said, “I’m a monster that they made me into, I’m not wolf nor Vampire…I am simply. Both. This is why they hunt me.” He growled deeply and let out a long ferocious howl. I looked at Jason and he looked back at me with the same confused expression. How could that be?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Well...huh... = P am I bad or what? muahahhaa. Comment me and let me know what you think. Oh and here is what Blue and Jason look like together. Thanks springwater for this.

Image

_CORRI_