Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 25

I stood up and faced Damien; his long paws were pressed against the earth, his claws scratched at the dirt. He was like the werewolf depicted in most stories, half human, half wolf. I stepped forward and slapped him. He backed away, his ears pressed back against his head, he hung his head low. “You idiot!” I slapped him again and again. Finally Jason stepped up and held me back.

Damien turned back to his pale skinned self and touched his cheek where it was red. “You!” I shouted, then looked at Jason, “Let me go.” He let me go, I turned to Damien. “You could have avoided all of this!” I hissed, “If you would have shown them! They wouldn’t have been so rough on you! They would have let you stay! We wouldn’t have had to run away!” I screamed at him. My fury was boiling over, I felt like I was slipping away from myself, losing control.

Angry tears poured don’t my cheeks, “Why didn’t you!” I demanded I pushed him hard in the chest; he shuffled back a step with a grunt. I was surprised, I was growing stronger, I could feel it in my blood.

“Rory, calm down.” Jason said softly, “It’s not his fault.”
“Not his fault?” I hissed, “Who are you to say? You ran away!” As soon as the words left my mouth I regretted them, things became very quiet. Not even the animals of the forest made a sound. “Jason I’m sorry.” I said quietly.
He nodded, “I’m not a coward.” He told me, tears glistened in his eyes, “I feel like one. But…I just couldn’t ignore my dreams.” He said dropping to the ground.
“Dreams?” I asked kneeling next to him. Damien remained a little ways off, but he sat down too.

He wept his head buried in his hands again, but this time, I could tell he was furious, “My wolf dreams. When I was a young boy…when I was going to turn into a wolf.” He sniffed, “I hardly remember them, but when I had told them to my parents, they recorded them down in a journal. I read them every day, so I don’t forget them.” He said wiping his eyes, he looked up to me with a hurt expression. “The first dream I had was one of the future. I was the age I am now, in my dream…” He said taking a deep breath, “I dream this Rory. Of Blue, and of you, I remembered her in my dream, I didn’t know who she was at the time, but now, now I realize that she’s been in my life this whole time.” He began to tremble, “When Blue told me to run. In my dream, I saw what I was supposed to do Rory. In my last dream, I had to choose, the dream wolf…he told me I had to choose. The only way for this to turn out right, was to listen to blue.” He looked at me again, “Rory, did I do the right thing?”

I was stunned; his wolf dream had told him to choose. For things to turn out right he had to run. I stood up and began to pace. “I don’t know Jason.” I told him honestly, “I really don’t know. My dreams….” I paused, “…We need to go back.” I said looking at them both, “Right now.”

They both got to their feet, “Not such a good idea.” Jason said.
“I agree, they could still be there, I’m not letting you risk your life.” Damien said.
“I don’t care what you want or think. We need to go back, you need to trust me. I need the doctors’ journal; it has notes and my dreams. I think I might know how to fix it all. Jason I think your dreams needed you to come here, so I would be able to help.” I started jogging back through the woods, back towards the cave.

“What do you mean Rory?” Jason jogged next to me.
“My dreams.” I said shaking my head, “This is crazy!” I yelled at no one in particular, “My dreams, I think I know what they mean now!” I laughed, “The dream wolf also told me I had to choose. He said I had to choose between…” I looked over at Damien who was to my left, “He said I had to choose between you and Mason.” I told him, “I’ve already made that choice. I went with you, and I may have saved everyone’s life. If I had stayed behind we would be caught as well, and there would be no one to rescue them!” I laughed, there was still a chance. A small morsel of hope, “The one of my future, I was under the willows, but when I looked beyond them in the forest, you where there Damien. I think you were meant to stay as a Vampire, because I was meant to leave with you.”

We stopped jogging, “Both of you change, we need to make fast time back to the caves.” I looked up to the sky. “I still have a few hours before I would change for the first time.” Jason dropped into a wolf, he grew slowly and I swung onto his back and took a fist full of fur. And we bolted forward, without even waiting for Damien, he caught up a moment later, his long legs and wiry body wasn’t as smooth running as Jason’s.

They pushed themselves as fast as they could go. They kept their heads down and their strides long. Time was of the essence, we all knew it. To my great surprise we made it back before the sun was down. I would change for the first time tonight. “Some are still there.” Damien hissed. We had stopped further down the cliff, so we had a clear view of the waterfall.
“How do you know?” I asked quietly.
“I can sense them.” Damien and Jason said at the same time.
I frowned, “How many?”
“Ten or so.” Jason replied. Damien nodded.
“Can you take them?” I asked them both. Damien frowned, “It’s too great of a risk.”
I cursed under my breath, what was I supposed to do? “Wait, I’ll be a wolf soon.” I turned to them, “It will be three against ten…surely then we can take them.” Again, they shook their heads, “You may be a wolf, but you’ve never changed before. When you change for the first time, you’re already going to have difficulty taking in everything you can do. Much less fight Vampires.” Jason explained. I gritted my teeth.

“What can we do?” I was sure I was meant to come back to the caves. I didn’t even know why. There was something nagging at the back of my mind. I tapped my lip with my fingers, then slowly backed away from the cliffs edge and walked into the forest. The two of them followed.

“I’m up for suggestions.” I told them, “I’m not the leader by any means.”
“No, but you’re the one with the dreams, besides I’m not the alpha wolf, that’s Jessie, it’s just natural for me to follow orders.” Jason shrugged looking to Damien. Damien’s expression gave him away, so I spoke before he could.

“Before you say anything; the answer is no. Under no circumstances will I go into hiding, stay behind, or not go with you.” I folded my arms. He sighed, “You just don’t understand do you?” He asked me seriously.
“What do you mean?” My hands dropped to my sides.
“I…know why I felt the need to protect you and not the need to suck you dry.”
“You do?” I asked. Jason seemed awkward and backed away a few steps and pretended like he wasn’t listening.

“When I was getting information for Jessie, I stumbled across some files and data…” He let out sigh, “I’m your great, great, great, great uncle.” He said quietly.
My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, “What?!” I squeaked.
He nodded his head, “You’re the descendent of my sister…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!
_CORRI_