Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 37

The day of the bonding ceremony was chaos. There was no other way to describe it. I was so happy Blue was there for me the entire time, she was nervous as well, but at least she knew what to do. “Here this one will fit you.” She shoved a dress into my arms. It was a dark forest green, simple. Every girl wore the same dress; I wasn’t sure what the men wore.

“Blue?” I asked looking up from the dress. She paused and looked at me, raising her eyebrows.

“You can calm down….” I smiled.

She huffed, “Ya ok.” She waved her hand and disappeared into the bathroom to change. I grinned and changed into the dress, “Are you finished?” Blue called.

“Yup.” She walked out and we both looked each other over, and smiled.

“Nice.” I told her. Blue ran her hand through her hair nervously.

“You’re going to mess up your hair if you keep doing that.” I told her. All of us had curled our hair lightly, another tradition.
She waved her hand again, “Ya, ya.”

“Blue, what are you so nervous about?” I asked her, “You know Jason is going to choose you, and you both will say yes.” I grinned, “You really don’t have anything to worry about.” I assured her.

“I know, but aren’t you nervous to? This is a big day.” She told me. I smiled back at her. In truth, I was very nervous my stomach was in knots. I could not help but feel overwhelmed.
“Maybe a little.” I nodded. She looked at the clock at her nightstand.
“Time to go!”

“Oh wait!” I told her I went and grabbed three white flowers I had twisted together and put them in my hair. Then I followed Blue down to where the ceremony was to be held, we ran into other girls on the way, and we all made our way down together.
I started laughing, “What’s so funny?” Blue asked me.
“Its just. I’m a dreamer, I’ve faced Vampires and saving the world…I think I’m more nervous now then I was then.”

Blue grinned at me, but said nothing. We finally made it to the gathering cave. The ceilings were relatively low but the room was the only place large enough to fit everyone. The girls were on one side of the room. The men were on the other. To my right were Jessie and his leaders. To my left was everyone else. The men were wearing black button up collared shirts with dark jeans. I scanned the crowd for Mason, but I didn’t see him.

“Ladies and Gentlemen.” Jessie’s voice called everyone silent and all eyes turned to him, “It gives me great pleasure to yet again announce another bonding ceremony. Without further a due let us begin.” He pulled up a long piece of paper and began reading names. The men that were called would step out of the crowd and face Jessie and announce who he has chosen to bond with. The girl that had been chosen would also step forward face Jessie and announce if she wanted it or not. Then a family member from each side would say whether they agreed with the bonding or not. If both did, then it was official and they were bonded for life.

It was sort of like getting married in the human world. Some wolves that have been bonded have a separate ceremony, others do not. Either way you’re still going to be with that person.

“Mason.” Jessie called. My head shot up and my eyes caught sight of Mason as he stepped out of the crowd and faced Jessie.
“Who do you wish to bond with?”
“Rory.” He said without hesitation. Blue nudged me in the side with her elbow and I walked out of the crowd and faced Jessie.
“Rory, do you agree to this man?” He asked me.

I looked over at Mason. He looked over at me, noticed the flowers in my hair, and smiled. Did I want to be with this man the rest of my life? Did I love him? “Yes.” I said.

Mason and I both grinned. “Harvey do you agree with this bonding?” Jessie turned and asked Harvey. I gulped. Harvey and I never seem to see eye to eye. “I do.” He nodded finally. I sighed my relief.
“And seeing how you don’t have any family Rory. I suppose I will be the one-”
“Wait.” A clear voice rang over Jessie’s. I saw movement and then Damien emerged out of the crowd and stepped forward.

“I am family.” He said, I found tears in my eyes and I wiped them away. Damien was looking at Jessie; Jessie had a confused look on his face. Damien and I had only told a certain select few that we were related. Jessie wasn’t one of them.
“What is this?” Jessie frowned.

“It is true.” I told him, “He is…well my great, great, great something Uncle.” I told him. Harvey stepped up and whispered into Jessie’s ear. Mason and I had told Harvey, and I assumed he was explaining it to Jessie now.

Jessie let out a sigh, “Very well. Damien, do agree with this bonding?” Damien looked at me and smiled, “I couldn’t be happier.” I hugged Damien then walked up to Mason. He took my hand and we walked over to where to couples stood. We watched as everyone else paired up, or denied others. Blue and Jason bonded without hesitation. I was surprised to see a man about the same age as Blue agree to the bonding as her family. “Who is that?” I asked Mason.

“That’s Blue’s brother.” He whispered. I frowned; Blue had never told me she had a brother. After the ceremony was over it was one giant party with food drinks and music. I found Blue and we hugged. Mason and Jason went to get us drinks.
“Why didn’t you tell me you had a brother?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “He’s really my step brother. He’s not around a lot, so it never really crossed my mind.” She said.

I nodded, “Oh.” I had seen her brother only twice in my time here. Mason came back with the drinks and Jason had one for Blue. Then there was a ringing of bells and I looked around confused as everyone started kissing. I looked at Mason.
He grinned at me, “It’s a tradition.” He said taking my hand.

“Oh….well if its tradition.” I shrugged grinning. He leaned down and I closed my eyes as he closed the space between us. Cheers erupted from everyone and the couples pulled away. Mason pulled back, and then kissed me on the forehead.
“I’ve been waiting to do that.” He said touching the flowers in my hair.
“Me too.” I told him with a smile, “Me too.”

~ ~ ~ ~

After the ceremony, I got dressed back into normal clothes. There was a knock at my door, “Come in.” I said turning. Damien entered he was dressed as if he was about to go somewhere. He had a bag in one hand and his coat in the other.
“Can I speak with you a moment?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said with a frown. We both sat down in front of the fireplace and were silent a moment as he gained his thoughts.
“I’m happy for you.” He told me. I nodded.
“Thank you, but can I ask what you’re doing with your bag packed?”

He sighed, “I’m following my dream.” He told me, “The wolf said that I had unfinished business that needed taking care of among other things.” He said, “I’m choosing to follow my dream.”
I nodded my head, “How long will you be gone for?”
“I don’t honestly know.” He smiled at me, “But I promise, I will keep in touch and visit if I can.” We both stood up and hugged each other, again I found myself crying.

“I’m going to miss you.” I said to him, “You’ve always been there for me. If it wasn’t for you…I wouldn’t be here.”
“Me either.” He said with a nod. We said a few more goodbyes, then he was gone. Just like that. A few minutes later Mason came in, and took me into his arms.

“I just saw Damien and spoke with him briefly.” He told me, “I’m so sorry.” I cried into his chest and closed my eyes. However, another feeling came up instead of grief. One that I was going to have to get used to; Love. I didn’t have to worry about anything anymore, I didn’t have to be sad, because I had Mason. So long as he was with me, I knew I would be alright.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, The End. I left it open for a sequel, but I"m not even going to think about that right now. So...hope you all enjoyed thank you for the comments and banners. If you all would comment on the story and tell me how you liked it, critiques and everything are welcomed as well. Thank you all! Now, onto Essence Of Water!

_CORRI_