Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 36

When the Vampires finally came around, they were confused, yet there was something in their eyes, the leader of the Vampires came forward, “What did you do?” He asked.

“I simply did what I was supposed to. How do you feel?” I asked him.

He rubbed his head a moment, “Better.” He told me honestly, “I feel as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The wolf…he told me what I must do next. He said I had responsibilities…what does it mean?” He asked.

I shrugged, “Whatever the wolf told you, was meant for you, and for you alone. It’s your job to figure it out and act accordingly.”

“The wolf spoke to me to!” A Vampire called from the back. Everyone nodded their heads and agreed.
“He told me to go to the far city, and find a girl in the library. What does that mean?” A young Vampire asked me.
I shrugged, “I would guess that you need to follow his orders.” I smiled. He nodded his head.

“Listen, all of you. We are no longer slaves; you are people, with your own choices to make. I am returning with the wolves to our cave. Whenever you need help, you are welcome there, if you ever need me, I will be there as well. Good luck to all of you.”
Damien spoke a few words with a few of the Vampires, and then we were on our way. We turned wolf, jumped the river, and ran with all our hearts to the caves.

~ ~ ~ ~

We ran for a day straight. We used the moon to power us; we only stopped once to use the bathroom. I could smell the flowers before we reached them. I stopped running and put my nose to them. They were so beautiful I wanted to cry. “Come on, were almost there!” Damien barked and took off towards the falls.

I let my tongue out of my mouth and ran to catch up with him. We jumped down the cliff face with ease and ran along the edge and under the waterfall. No one was keeping watch so we ran through the dark tunnel, it wasn’t so dark anymore because I could see better as a wolf.

We came to sudden halt when we hit the open circular room of the tunnel. The place was eerily empty. I stuck my nose in the air and sniffed. The wolves were here, but they were hiding deeper in the caves.
I took a breath and let out a long howl, Damien joined me. I stopped and used my mind, and as hard as I could I thought, “Mason!”

Damien winced, “Oww.” We both changed back into human form, “That hurt.” He said rubbing his head.
I grinned, “Sorry.” I heard the sound of paws against rock I turned and saw wolves pour out of the tunnel, headed right for us. Mason was in the lead. He turned human and ran into me, giving me such a fierce hug that I couldn’t breathe for a few seconds.
“Rory.” He said in my hair, “Your alive. Your alright.” He looked at me from an arm’s length.

“What happened?” He asked, “Are the Vampires coming? Did they follow you?”
I shook my head, “No…something else happened. Something wonderful and I have to do the same thing to you all.” I closed my eyes and found my power, and again I drug everyone into the dream world.

“Welcome back.” The dream wolf greeted me, “Now all the wolves and Vampires of the world have been broken from the fog. They will see in a new light, they will think in a new light. Humans alike are safe now. All thanks to you.”

I smiled, “Well, you were the one that ‘chose’ me.” I pointed out. The wolf nodded.

“Yes, yes I did didn’t I?” He smiled, “Well I have given directions to each and every one of them, they will take care of what they need to take care of. You on the other hand, you deserve a break. Mason loves you, and you love him. There is really only one natural thing you can do from here.” He winked at me then disappeared.

I opened my eyes, everyone was staring into space, some were blinking slowly, “What just happened?” Mason asked.
“Yes I think we deserve an explanation.” Jessie agreed.

I took a step back and looked at everyone; Blue was holding hands with Jason. Harvey was standing behind Mason. Jessie had his arms folded across his chest. The others eyed me curiously. “We have peace.” I told them, “There will be no more war with the Vampires or the government. The fog from the virus is gone. Whatever the dream wolf told you, it is your choice to do as he said. I am a dreamer, and with that come responsibility. I choice to follow my dreams and look what happened. I saved everyone.”

There were murmurs of surprise among them, “You mean the blood suckers will not attack anymore?” Someone called.
“No. In fact, if they come here, they are welcome to stay. I told them that if they needed our help, they could find us here. We don’t have to hide anymore.”

Some of them smiled at each other, others frowned, “Who are you to invite them into our home?” Someone stepped forward, “You aren’t our pack leader, Jessie is, and if he dies, Harvey has been named leader, and if he dies, then Mason takes over. Who are you to open our home to bloodsuckers, what if we don’t want them here?”

Some nodded their heads with the man that spoke out, Mason took a step forward but I stopped him, “No.” I told him, “I can handle this.” I walked up to the man, and put my hand onto his head. I don’t know what I was doing, but power came to my hands and took over. The man’s eyes closed and when he opened them he shuddered and fell to his knees crying.

“What have you done?” Harvey asked me.
“As I said before.” I spoke up, “I am a dreamer. Even I don’t know the extent of my power, but know this. Anyone who wants to harm another, will do well not to cross me.” No one interrupted.

“I’ll take it from here Rory.” Jessie stepped forward, “My friends.” He said, “Today is a day to remember. Years of war and hiding have brought us to this new time of peace. I welcome it with open arms. If you do not want peace, then you are no longer welcome to stay here, I will give you twenty-four hours to leave. But for now, let us go on with our lives, the bonding ceremony is overdue and will commence in three days time.”

Jessie spoke for another ten minutes, to make the rules clear that Vampires were not to be harmed unless they harmed you first. Mason took my hand and led me out of the caves, together we walked back to the willows and to the flowers. He took my hands and looked at me. I smiled at him, then noticed dried blood on his neck. “What happened?” I asked him worried.
He smiled, “Jessie had to drag me back by my neck to keep me from coming to you.” He told me. I smiled and rested my head on his chest.
“Is it really over?” I asked him.
He rested his chin on my head, “Yea…it really is Rory. All thanks to you.”
“What happens now?”

“Well the bonding ceremony is in three days. We go on with our lives. I’m sure more people will get orders from the dream wolf, or you. The war is not over quite yet. The government still stands, and until they are purged, we will have to fight to save our lands and the ones we loved. But I have a feeling that we have some time before that happens.” He said.

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes, “So much has happened in such little time.” I said, “I still remember getting taken from my apartment by Vampires.” I told him, “I was so naïve back then. I had no clue about any of this, and until other people know as well I think we will have a hard time gaining control.” I told him.

“I know, but for now. We deserve rest.” He said.
I smiled, “Rest sounds…wonderful.”
“Rory?”
I looked up to meet his gaze, “Yea?”

“When you didn’t cross the river…you said…you said you loved me.” I nodded for him to continue, “Did you really mean it?”
“Yes. I did.” I said seriously.
He smiled and kissed my forehead, “I love you to….like a lot.” I grinned and he held me tightly in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. ONe more chapter left, maybe two....

_CORRI_