The Sweetest Ecstasy, The Perfect Sin.

The Sky Above Ablaze That Only Lovers See.

I slept for almost the entire flight from New Jersey to London.

I had to.

But I had a strange dream, one I hadn’t had for almost... ten months.

“So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you’ll wait for me, hold me like you’ll never let me go... ’Cause I’m leavin' on a jet plane. Don’t know when I’ll be back again. Oh, babe I hate to go. There’s so many times I’ve let you down, so many time I’ve played around. I tell you now they don’t mean a thing. Every place I go I’ll think of you. Every song I sing for you...”

I sniffed hard and pressed my face into his lapel as my favorite part reared its beautiful, painful head.

“When I come back I’ll bring your wedding ring...

“...I mean it this time, babe, I do,” He’d say, “I hope you ‘do’ too.”


The flight, seemingly, was over in a snap. I almost didn’t believe the attendant when she asked us to get ready for landing.

I walked off the plane and then over to the luggage claim. Picking up my one bag, I rolled it over to the large sliding glass doors. They opened to a gray city, light rain drizzling on everything below.

Gerard said he would meet me.

I didn’t exactly know what he meant by that. I started looking around. My eyes fell on a hooded figure smoking and leaning against a wall of the airport. He was dressed all in black, black, fitted jeans, black and tan striped hoodie, then a black military jacket.

Gerard.

I walked up to him, my bag rolling behind me.

“Can I bum a smoke?” I asked him with a slight smile.

He looked over and with his eyes falling on me, smiled delicately back. We looked at each other for a moment, just to soak each other in before he dropped his cigarette and stomped it out then pulled me into a big hug.

He smelled the same.

I dropped the handle of my bag, causing it to fall to the floor. Neither one of us budged, I just moved my arms to around his neck.

We parted a minute later.

“C’mon,” He directed, “I’ve got a car waiting for us.”

We both reached down to get my bag, but he grabbed it first. He pulled it along with his left hand and guided me across the street with his right hand on the small of my back.

He opened the door of a black towncar for me. I took a seat while the driver took my bag and put it in the trunk. Gerard walked around to the other side of the car and got in. He pushed his hood back revealing his blonde hair. It surprised me again.

“This is gonna take a while to get used to,” I remarked running my fingers through his hair.

“Tell me about it, the boys call me Marilyn.” He said with a laugh.

I laughed, too.

The driver pulled out into traffic and the road was bumpy. I felt my teeth start to rattle in my head.

I let out a noise showing how the turbulence made me sound like a wind-up mouth toy.

He laughed for a beat, but then it died off and he just started staring at me again. He looked like he was going to say something. He opened his mouth, then closed it, then opened it again.

“You want some coffee?” He offered, even though it wasn’t what he wanted to say.

“Sure.”

“Cool, they have drive-through Starbucks’ everywhere here. The English are even lazier than us. Can you believe it?”

“No way.” I declared.

“Hey, pal, can you hit the Starbucks on West Chester Avenue?” Gerard requested to the driver, who nodded his head in understanding.

I was looking out the window while he had some words with the driver about directions.

The city was beautiful. With exactly the kind of weather I loved. Overcast, dreary, wet, gray, perfect.

“Perfect weather for us, huh?” I commented, distracted.

He let out a quick laugh, “Yeah.”

I shot a quick glance over at him, he was looking out the window, too.

“Oh, look,” He skimmed over the seat and looked over my shoulder, pointing out the window, “We stayed in that hotel one time and they thought that Bob was royal. It was hilarious. We called him Sir Bob.”

I looked up at him, who looked down at me, then sat back down in his seat.

I giggled in my head. This was so strange.

There was a bit of silence and the road got really bumpy again. I had a small coinpurse with me and it was next to me on the seat. The vibrations knocked the purse off the seat to the floor. I bent over to pick it up, as did Gerard. I grabbed it and when I looked up, his face was an inch away from mine. We gazed into each other for a split second when he grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss.

A passionate kiss.

He pushed away my hair and I clutched his sides. My thumbs fell on his hip bones, right where they belong, and pressed into him. He pulled me onto his lap with my legs on either side of him. I slid my hands under his hoodie. We didn’t realize we had pulled into to Starbuck’s until the window rolled down.

“Can I take your-” The worker in the drive-through window stopped short, embarrassed.

I looked over at the cashier and snorted, trying not to burst out laughing.

“Um, yeah. Can I get one Venti Cinnamon Dulce latte and one Venti Vanilla latte?”

“Sure...” The cashier punched in some numbers to the cash register, avoiding eye contact with me.

GERARD’S POV

She broke from our kiss and ordered our drinks. She leaned over me nd arched her back causing her amazing ass to sick out perfectly.

“I hope that’s okay. We can switch if-” She began to explain when she caught me... um, not looking into her eyes.

I pulled her down and laid her down on the backseat with a laugh. She kicked her legs in excitement as I kissed her neck. The driver drove around to the pick-up window a second later. I sat up and took the drinks. While I handed some money over she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. She kissed my neck and then reached down and rolled up the window. I wiggled my fingers goodbye to the Starbuck’s girl, since she was glaring at us.

“You’re so charming...” She said, still tangled around me.

I turned to her and guided her back on the seat, “What can I say?”

I kissed her again.

She had her hands under my sweatshirt then she gently clawed my sides making me get goosebumps like crazy. I was never that ticklish, she was the only one with a tender enough touch that could make me shiver.

“Ah! Don’t do that.”

“Sorry...” She laughed, “...No, I’m not,” She then confessed.

I shook my finger at her, “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Bad girl.”

“Is there any chance for rehabilitation, doc?” She inquired, posed like the perfect ingenue with the back of her hand on her forehead.

“I think... you need some coffee.” I diagnosed.

“Okay.”

I sat up and she followed. I handed her the green and white cup and she took a sip with her eyes on me.

MY POV.

Sipping my coffee, all I could think over and over was, ’I love you, I love you, kiss me again, I love you...’

But what I actually said was much stupider, “How far away is the hotel?”

He looked surprised, but pleased, “Like, another twenty/thirty minutes.”

“Oh...” I turned to look out the window again.

I hadn’t been locked in a car with Gerard for twenty/thirty minutes in more than a year.