Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 10: Kristopher

I was so nervous as I put on my nice black dress and tied the blue ribbon in the back. I then slipped on my strappy black heels and looked in the mirror. My strawberry blond hair was curled to perfection and pulled half up. I looked pretty good.

The doorbell rang, My heart began to beat faster. After a year and a half he finally asked me out.

"Audrey!" I heard my mom call from downstairs. I took a deep breath, grabbed my purse and walked out of my room.

I saw him standing at the bottom of staircase. He was wearing a black suit jacket and white dress shirt. He looked so good. I smiled as I gracefully decended the staircase.

He looked up and smiled. "Hey."
I got to the bottom and he gave me a hug "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." I was beaming. "Bye mom! Bye dad!"
And we walked out of the door.

He was the perfect gentleman. He opened the door of his car for me, pulled my chair out for me at the restaurant, he even bought my dinner. After we finished eating he said
"Hey, let's go for a walk or something"

I was kinda of cold in the night air, and he gave me his suit jacket. We were walking down the street when he stopped.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I said looking up to his face.

He smiled "Do you remember when we met?"

I gave him a puzzled look. "Of course I do. You had hockey practice, and I was working at the rink"

"I thought you were the prettiest girl, i'd ever seen."

I cocked my head and gave him an "i don't think so" look. "Shut up. Kristopher Letang, is this what you have told all your dates?" I laughed playfully.

He then scooped me up in his arms. "I'm being serious. I think you're beautiful. Always have."

"Hey put me down, I'm in a dress!" I said trying to wriggle free.
He finally put me down, and moved his face very close to mine. My heart was racing.

"Audrey, I've wanted to do this for a long time." he whispered. And kissed me.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. This was our first real kiss. I never really counted the times he showed up at my house drunk, and I had to sneak him into my room, even though it only happened twice.

I think that's how I will always remember Kris Letang. That spring night, when we were 17, on our first date where he kissed me, right on the streets where everyone could see. I love the way he dresses, I love the way he smells, I love the way he laughs, I love the way he says my name. "Audrey".

"Audrey... Audrey? Audrey?" I heard a muffled voice.

"Huh." I said but my voice sounded far away. I tried to open my eyes. I saw him standing over me.

"Hey there sunshine." Max said ruffling my hair.

"What the fuck." I said sitting up

"What? Oh, you were expecting prince charming?" he said with a grin.

"Well no offense Maxy, but I was kind of hoping to see Kris." I said shrugging

"You are in luck m'lady! He is on his way back here." Max said laughing, and I laughed along with him.

"I'm sorry about what happened Audrey. I just, I don't know. I let my emotions get the best of me." Max said looking at the floor.

"Max, it's okay."I kissed him on the cheek. "Still friends?" I said opening my arms.

He smiled and hugged me "Still friends."

Just then Kris burst into the room. "Audrey! Er- sorry, but um.. what?" he stuttered.

I immediately let go of Max. I looked at Kris. He look so flustered it was actually kind of cute.

I smiled. "Kris." I breathed.

"I'll let you two go, you have a lot of catching up to do." Max said winking, and left the room.

Kris was still standing at the door. Staring at me.

"Kris. Why did you-" I began.

He cut me off. "Audrey, I love you. I've always loved you. You are the only girl for me. Sid and Marc-Andre explained everything. I understand now." He came towards the bed, sat at the edge, put his hands to my face, and kissed me.

He kissed me good and hard. Like it was the last kiss he would ever give anyone. I love Kris Letang, forever.