Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 8: Discovery

We sat in silence on the way to Marc-Andre's. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. Our plan had completely backfired right in our faces. I glanced at Max out of the corner of my eye. His scruffled, yet handsome face wore a frown. I looked back out the window. How could this be happening? I didn't actually like Max did I? I've only known him for 2 or 3 days. Plus I couldn't lose Kris, not again, and especially not to her.

We pulled into Marc-Andre's driveway. Max turned off the car, but didn't get out. I looked over at him. He was staring at me.

I gave him a puzzled look and then smiled. "What?"

"I kind of envy Kris. I mean, he's no superstar like me, but he's got something going on."

"What are you talking about?" I said cocking my head to the side.

"You like him. And I know this is going against our plan from the begining, but I wish you didn't." He said looking me in the eyes.

"What? Why?" That statement scared me.

"I.. I wish you'd like me. I really like you a lot Audrey. I mean if we got to know each other better, this, this could be something great."

My eyes went wide. What did he just say? No, no this can't happen. I guess I should've expected this."Max, I-"

"Fuck. Audrey," He said slowly and moved his face a little closer to mine. Uh oh, not again! "I have to do this."

And with that he moved his face to mine, gently touch his lips to mine, then all of a sudden his kiss became hungrier, more passionate. I gave in and kissed him back. I put my hands to his face, just as I did we heard a car door slam. He took my hands from his face and held them.

"I'm sorry. I just -" Max said looking away and letting go of my hands.
All of a sudden his eyes got wide. I followed his gaze out the windsheild. Kris was walking up towards Marc-Andre's door... with Amy. He glanced back at Max's car, and the look on his face pierced my heart. It was clear that he had seen Max and I.

I felt the tears welling up, and I went to open the door. Max grabbed my free arm.
"Audrey. I think he saw us. Fuck. Fuckity Fuck. I'm so sorry. Damnit. I'll tell him everything right now."

I shook my head. "No Max. I will do it."

Max and I followed the walk up to Marc's front door, and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes, a very unhappy Marc-Andre opened the door.

"What did you guys do?" He asked "Kris is really depressed. It's a good thing I got Vero to distract Amy. You guys better explain all of this to him."

"Where is he?" I asked quickly.

"He's in the guest room, this way." I followed him down the hallway to a door.

I looked at Max. "I want to talk to Kris alone, if you don't mind." He knodded.

I took a deep breath and walked into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm really really really epically sorry for not updating sooner. I have been mentally blocked, and busy. So anyways, enjoy this! I promise I'll update sooner. :D