‹ Prequel: Move

Run

Kidnap

Image
Riley walked over to me and stood over my shoulder. "You have to turn us invisible again. We'll fly back to your house and we'll take one that is outside. One that isn't around the others." He said in my ear. I faced him. His breath still smelled like heaven.

"Let's do it then. Let's do it now so that I don't change my mind." I said. He smirked. Riley lifted me into his arms and looked at me. I began thinking about invisibility and within seconds we were nothing.

I felt Riley crouch down. He jumped into the air and we were flying in the air. It reminded me of when we flew invisibly to attack Edward's army. I looked down and saw the town rush past us. It was sort of scary to fly without knowing what position you were in. I couldn't see Riley's face and that bothered me. It made me feel uncomfortable.

My invisible eyes followed New York. We began flying over trees. We would be at my house soon enough.

"Riley?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Do you think they have any trackers or something to know we are coming?" I said worriedly.

I heard him chuckle. "You watch way too many sci-fi movies."

"Well," I said, "It's not my fault. My friends love that kind of stuff."

"And you don't?" He said. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. I looked back down. We were above my house.

There were cars and vans parked in my driveway. I could see the little black figures moving around. There was a lot of them.

"Where are we going to land?" I whispered.

"Behind the vehicles." Riley's voice said. We started to go downward and my heart began beating faster. It was weird. I haven't been completely afraid since I got the powers. I guess it was because I had never killed someone without complete purpose.

Riley hoovered over the ground and set me lightly on my driveway. I touched his shoulder with my hand so that he would still be invisible. We were behind a large van. I heard a man next to the truck. He was talking on a phone. His voice was alert.

"They aren't here." He said. "We only found a pan that was on the oven." I forgot about the pancakes.

Riley's voice came into my mind. "Get the one on the phone. There isn't anyone in the van or on any of the sides." I gripped his hand. His voice in my head gave me confidence.

I began walking around the large black van towards the man's voice. I peered around the van and saw another man in a black suit and goggles. His face was completely covered. The man hung up his cell phone and picked up his gun that was on the ground. He turned away from our hiding spot and faced my house.

I started sneaking up on him. Riley followed right behind me holding my hand. I stopped behind him. What was I supposed to do now? I turned around to the empty space. Riley pushed me forward with his free hand.

My feet moved me towards the man in black. I lifted my hand as I got to his back. My hand shot down on his neck and he slumped to the ground. I let go of Riley's hand.

"What now?" I said turning to the visible Riley. He frowned and moved to the body on the ground. He picked up the gun that fell from the man's hand. Riley raised it up to me. I had no idea what that meant.

"Get on my back." Riley whispered as he moved over to me. He turned around. I jumped up on his back and I held on to his shoulders. Riley bent down and picked up the man on the ground. He lifted him from his jacket and held onto him from his back.

"Will you just pick him up like you do with me?" I said anxiously. He shook his head.

"No way. He's fine this way." Riley said. They man looked as if he were dangling from a hook. But, he was dangling from a man with super strength just like me.

I sighed and started to think of invisibility. I disappeared and so did Riley and the man. Riley crouched and jumped into the air. I shifted as we went into the air. I was afraid for the man that Riley held with one hand. It just seemed weird to me. I knew Riley could hold on to him without a problem though.

We flew over town and went over a group of storage areas. Riley began going down towards them and I held onto his shoulders tighter. We landed and I heard a plunk. Dust spread around the noise. I hopped off of Riley and looked at what he dropped.

I walked in front of Riley and looked down at the man. "Did you have to drop him?"

He stared down at the man in black. "Yes." Riley turned to me. "Why are you sticking up for him?"

I shrugged. "I'm not exactly use to the whole kidnapping thing."

Riley turned his entire body to me. "But, you can kill off hundreds of people like us with no problem."

I sighed. "Alright. Let's tie him up and afterwords we'll kill him." I said sarcastically. He turned back to the man and picked him up by his jacket again. Riley began walking towards an open storage and I followed him.

We entered darkness and I had to use my super vision. I found a chair and brought it over to Riley and the man. Riley brought him to the center of the storage. He plopped him on the chair. I looked around for rope and I didn't find any. I found bungee cord instead.

I handed it to Riley and he wrapped the man in it. We used about thirty pieces of bungee cord. We looked at the man and realized that ten pieces would have done fine.

I searched around for a light switch. I groped along the wall and suddenly the storage was lit. I looked at my hand. It wasn't over a switch. My eyes went back to Riley and he was standing on the other side of the storage. He turned the lights on.

We both walked back towards the man and stood in front of him. I crossed my arms. Riley did the same.

"Now what?" I asked facing Riley.

He kept staring at the man. "We wait until he wakes up." I turned back towards the man and he moaned. His head lolled against the chair.

"What?" The man said waking up. Riley walked over to him. He went behind the chair and grasped the goggles on his face. Riley lifted them off. A pair of blue eyes stared up at me with fright. Riley took the man's ski mask and lifted it off of his head. The brown hair lifted up in a tuft.

I unfolded my arms. "Sam?"