‹ Prequel: Move

Run

Building

Image
I looked into the black eyes of Sam. His teeth were clenched and he looked as if he were about to explode.

"Where is this place, Sam?" I asked. "Where is the building?"

It took him a while to calm back down. The blue eyes looked up at me. "Mount Vernon. It's hidden next to the Hutchison River."

I sighed. "What do you mean hidden?"

He shrugged. "It's not hidden from us. We are able to see it. Others cannot."

I turned towards Riley and made a weird face. He grinned. I turned back to Sam. "Humans can't see it?"

Sam nodded. "It's in plain sight to us."

"How do we get there?" I asked. Riley came up beside me and folded his arms. Sam chuckled. I saw a wide grin spread on Riley's face. "Do I have to?"

"Yes. It would be helpful." Riley said. Sam nodded. His brown hair stayed stiff and messy.

I folded my arms. They both stared at me. Sam looked just as gorgeous as us. I was so pleased we found another. I was just confused how Sam could be one of us.

"Well," I said unfolding my arms. "Let's go." Riley unfolded his arms. I held my hand out and he took it. I held my other hand out for Sam. He looked at it nervously.

"It's going to be a long ride." Riley said encouragely. I looked at him. Riley smiled at me. He was being a big help.

"Come on Sam." I said. He moved towards it and sighed. Sam took my hand but just wrapped it around my palm. I grinned at him. He gave a half grin. This would take a while to get use to.

Riley crouched forward getting ready to run. Sam looked over at him. He hesitated and crouched too. "Why are we crouching?" Sam asked.

I sighed and gave a little giggle. "You crouch when you run, don't you?"

He shrugged. "I never thought about it. I thought you did all of the running."

I gave a little shrug. "When you partially help with the running, we go a little faster." He stood straight. I sighed. "When you help, you barely even notice we are going faster. We'll get there in about two minutes."

Sam sighed and looked back at Riley. Riley stared back. Sam crouched again and sighed. I turned towards the woods and made my feet move.

We began running. Well, I began running. Sam's grasp on my hand came tighter. Riley's fingers curled into mine. It was awkward being a girl and having the most power.

The wind rushed past us and the trees. I loved to run. I didn't even have to think of running. I had to think of my other powers before I used them. I didn't have to think of them a lot. I just had to think of the name and I was using it the next moment.

My hair flew through the air. We began running into town. Within seconds, I realized we were out of New York City. We were running into another town. We quickly got out of that one and came to another. I began slowing down as my ears picked up flowing water. I stopped and we were surrounded by trees. I looked over and saw a river. Sam's hand slipped from mine. I looked up at him. He looked unsteady.

"Are you all right, Sam?" I asked. He nodded.

"It wasn't that bad but, we did get here fast. Just, can we take a ride back?" Sam asked.

I sighed. Riley answered for me. He was staring across the river. "That depends."

"Depends on what?" I asked.

He kept staring across the river. "It depends if we get out of there." Riley said nodding across the river.

Sam and I looked where he was looking and knew exactly what he was talking about. There was a clearing in the trees and in the clearing was a two story building that was spread widely through many acres. My jaw dropped. I wasn't expecting it to be that big and long.

I closed my jaw and knew that this had to be done. I fixed the collar of my pea coat and flipped the flaps up. "Let's do this."

Riley walked up behind me and fixed his coat too. I looked back at Sam. He was holding his head and making moaning noises. I began walking towards him to help him. Riley stopped me with his grasp. I looked at him. He nodded and looked at Sam. I looked back at Sam. He let his head go and looked up at me. Sam's eyes were blacker than before.

I turned around slowly and reached for the gun in my pocket. It was still there. I left it. Sam came up next to me. Both of there heads turned towards me. I looked at each of them on either side of me and then faced the building made of brick.

"Kill anyone that comes in sight." I said. Sam moved towards the building and grunted. I shot my hand out to stop him. He looked at me. I kept staring at the building. "Only after I give the first shot. No other conditions." Sam nodded.

I moved my feet towards the building. The footsteps behind me made me smile. This was going to be fun. In a weird kind of way.

I walked down to the river and trudged through it. I heard a splash and looked up at the sky without moving my head. Riley flew over me and landed on the other side. He stopped and turned towards me. He smiled. I gave a crooked smile. I shoved my hands in my pockets and moved my feet faster. I sped across the water and stopped next to Riley.

He went behind me and rubbed my shoulders. "Your problem is,is that you are wet."

I twitched my feet and looked at him over my shoulder. "Not anymore." He stopped rubbing my shoulders and looked at my feet. All I did was jog in place really fast and air dried quickly. We turned towards the river and watched as Sam stiffly walked up the riverbed. He walked over to us and shivered. He was only in a t-shirt. It was still only January. It was still very cold.

"Okay." He said shivering. I crouched down to his feet and blew. I blew hard. An amazing amount of wind blew out and swept across his feet. I stood up and looked at him. He was still shivering. I looked down at his feet. He was dry, just cold.

I snapped my fingers and a flame came out. I blew softly on it and the heat went towards him. He sighed and stopped shivering. I stopped after he stood enjoying it.

"Thank you." Sam said with a sigh.

Riley shoved his hands in his pockets. "Now that we are all nice and dry, shall we go kill the people that ruined our lives?"