Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

In the midst of the crowd

Everything seemed well. Granted Daray had been spending an increasingly long time away from Alex. Poor girl. I couldn’t even imagine being in a situation like that.

“Annabelle!” I looked up from my computer into Alex’s baby blue eyes.

“Alex.” I said looking back down.

“Can we uhm talk?” He asked. I nodded and sat my laptop down on the table.

“What’s up?”

“Do you know why Daray won’t talk to me?” I stared at him.

“Seriously? You’re moving really fast. I haven’t known her that long but I know her well enough that this big of a change is scaring the hell out of her. Two months. You guys have been together two months. Sure, its been non stop but that’s not the point.” I said pulling my feet up underneath me.

“But…..I love her. She’s everything I’ve ever wanted.” I aw’ed.

“Explain to her that. Show her how much you want this and if you need to; Give her time. She’s a fragile, sweet person. Don’t mess this up.” He nodded and leant down hugging me.

“Thanks Annabelle. I don’t know what I’m going to do but you definitely helped me at least start.” I smiled and waved bye to him. He walked out of the room with his hands in his pockets deep in thought. John and Kennedy walked into the room five minutes later. Kennedy lifted the laptop out of my hands and John sat down on my lap.

“Your lap is really warm.” John said smiling down at me. I groaned and pushed on his back.

“Get offffff!”

“Nope. You’ve been up here for three hours! Come outside with us. It’s pretty! And, kind of cool!” Kennedy said looking at the screen.

“We’re in Nebraska you guys. Isn’t it like cold and stuff?” They laughed.

“How much time have you spending on those boards?” I shrugged.

“Not a lot. Why do you ask?”

“Because, that’s where we see ‘like and stuff’ in the same sentence.” Kennedy said sitting the computer down. I sighed.

“Fine. I’ll never say it again. Can you please get off me and maybe I’ll think about going with ya’ll but right now I’m a little unable to go anywhere.” I said gesturing at my black mesh shorts and purple v-neck. They both huffed. John stood handing me my bag and pointing to the bathroom. I went in and got dressed and quickly applied my makeup. I stepped out.

“Finally! It took you forever to get dressed!” John said exasperated. I rolled my eyes. Kennedy grabbed the keys to the van off the table and ran ahead of us. John and I followed silently behind him. I sighed and looked up at the tall man who had caused so much trouble over the past two and half months.

“You’re a dork.” I finally spoke.

“Thanks bitch. So, where’s that nice little necklace I got you for your birthday?” He asked looking at my neck. My hand flew to the bare spot where I had left for a long time and then that fight.

“I took it off. After you said we weren’t friends.” I said quietly looking straight ahead of me. It was obvious that he had hurt me so much with those words. We aren’t friends. I shuddered at the memory.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. I shrugged and wrapped my arms around myself.

“Its in the past now.”

“Are you cold?” He asked already shrugging his way out of the Glamour Kills jacket he was wearing. He held it out to me. I stared at the label with distaste. The old stuff was wearable but some of their new clothes were….questionable.

“It’s okay. I don’t want you to get cold.” I said trying to hand it back to him. He pushed it back at me. I groaned and slipped my arms into the already warm sleeves.

“There. You look cute in my clothes.” He said winking and opening the passenger door. I stared at him for a second longer than necessary. Kennedy beeped the horn. I slammed my hand down on the hood and stuck my tongue out at him. He flicked me off. I laughed quietly to myself and got into the back.

“Food?” Kennedy asked looking back at me. I shrugged and sat back, crossing my legs.

“As long as isn’t freakin Panera Bread we’re cool.”

“Aw! That’s what I want though!” John whined. I shook my head.

“Whatever. He’s going to act like a baby if we don’t. Go.” I said closing my eyes trying to stop the building headache. John’s bipolar emotions were driving me crazy. We aren’t friends, we are friends, you take too long getting ready, you look cute….in Glamour Kills.

>>

“That’s gross, bro.” I said shaking my head at the plate of whatever was in front of John.

“It’s going to taste great though!” He said picking up his fork and biting into it. I looked away disgusted.

“It’s better than just soup.” Kennedy said looking up from his phone.

“Who are you talking to anyway?” I asked leaning forward to try to see.

“Daray. She’s confused. Ya know?” He asked. I nodded.

“I already talked to Alex. He’s going to rethink shit I guess. I don’t know. Stupid ‘lil blonde.”

“What happened between Alex and Daray?” John asked looking from Kennedy to I.

“Uhm….stuff. He…just stuff.” Kennedy stammered looking back at his vibrating Iphone.

“Is it secret? I can keep a secret!”

“No you can’t dude!” I said throwing a balled up napkin at his head. He leaned to the side as it sailed over his shoulder.

“Can too. You just don’t know it. I only share big gossip.” I shook my head.

“Yeah. It’s big. Not happenin.” I said standing up.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“To explore. You guys got me out of the venue now I’m bored sitting here with therapist kid and you’re gross food. Where’d it all go?!” I asked looking at the plate. He smiled.

“In my tummy. I was hungry.”

“Obviously.”

“Can I come with you to explore?” He asked in a baby voice. I nodded and waved to Kennedy who only nodded and went to get more drink.

We skipped down the sidewalk. All the stores looked the same here as they had in every other small town. Shit was getting boring.

“Lets go to the park.”

“That’s so cliché, John Oh.” I said kicking at the sidewalk.

“Well then what do you want to do miss smarty pants?” He asked slipping his hands into his pockets.

“Good point. There’s nothing to do. They better have a kick ass park or I’m fighting someone.” I said looking up at the sky. Clouds had been hiding the sun most of the day. We went in search of a park.

“There it is.” John said pointing to a huge swing set, jungle gym, and assorted animals on springs.

“Aw. It’s cute. There’s like a bazillion swings, yo!” I said running up to the gate. A little girl was standing on top of the jungle gym playing with the enormous binoculars on top. I watched her, a small smile spread across my face.

“You look like a creep right now.” John whispered in my ear.

“I just miss my little sister.” I said playing with the sleeves on the jacket. He pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Call them. They probably miss you.” He said. I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked at him.

“How do you know that I haven’t called them yet?”

“I still have that other phone. You hadn’t even programmed their number into.” He said knowingly. I bit my bottom lip and looked back at the playground.

“They haven’t called me either. So, its not like I’m missed or anything.”

“It’d be impossible for them to not miss you.”

“My parents aren’t like your parents, John. Yours care. Mine would rather travel the world then deal with their own children.”

“Maybe their afraid.” I shrugged.

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t want to call them. I’m just homesick.” I said smiling and walking through the gate over to a swing. John positioned himself behind me and pushed me up. I squealed as my stomach fluttered. He laughed and continued doing. The little girl walked over and stared at John. I skidded my feet in the rocks.

“Hi.” She said.

“Hiya! I’m John.” John said crouching down and holding out his hand. She placed her tiny little hand in his and shook it.

“My names Melanie. Can you swing me to?” He nodded and helped her up onto the swing beside mine. She squealed in delight. I smiled watching him. His grin was so adorable. I was regretting not bringing camera so much.

“My phones in my back pocket if you wanna take pictures, Bella.” John said not looking at me. I jumped up and grabbed his phone quickly capturing the swift movements of the two.

“Melanie! What are you doing?!” The mother of the small girl suddenly yelled and walked over. I stood up and joined John’s side.

“I’m swinging with the nice people.” She said quietly.

“I’m sorry.” I quickly apologized. “You just looked busy on your phone and she wanted to swing. We should have asked.”

“Its okay. You caught me off guard is all.” The mother said taking Melanie’s hand. “Say bye, Mel’s.”

“Bye! Thank you!” Melanie yelled. We waved. I sat down on the slide and looked at the pictures. Some were usable others were just too amazing for words.

“Who knew Iphone’s had such great cameras on em?” I asked laughing and sending them all to my email.

“You want yours back?” He asked standing in front of me. I shrugged and handed him the phone back.

“I was such a bitch to you. Why do you have to be so nice all the time?!” I asked kicking him. He laughed.

“Because, I’m John Cornelius O’ Callaghan the fifth.” He said simply smiling. I smiled back. He was right of course. He was just John. What more could you want?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I got the flu, got suspended, can't find my kitty, CRAIG OWENS GOT KICKED OUT OF CHIODOS SO MOTHER FUCKING PISSED and its raining. Yeah....my weeks pretty much blown hxc.
So, make a crappy week a 'lil better and comment? Cool. Thanks. :]
Annabelle's outfit
Title cred- The Summer Set